Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jul 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3105656)   #201
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
McLaren is a far more commercially sound operation than Lotus. It's all swell and dandy for Lotus now but unless someone clearly splashes out on that team they could easily take a slide back alá Williams post 2003. Hamilton would want to be very courageous to abandon Mclaren and go to Lotus. It's not a risk he needs to take.
Over the past decade or so, Lotus (Renault) have achieved more in terms of championships than McLaren, dispite being a smaller operation. I personally don't see that it's that big a risk.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 22:20 (Ref:3105812)   #202
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Over the past decade or so, Lotus (Renault) have achieved more in terms of championships than McLaren, dispite being a smaller operation. I personally don't see that it's that big a risk.
I see it as an unnecessary risk. If Lotus take a dead end design wise without a sturdy commercial safety net, their ability to recover that competitiveness is stunted. If McLaren take a design dead end they have a commercial safety net to bounce back with greater ease.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 02:47 (Ref:3105863)   #203
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Other than the first race of this season, McLaren haven't really looked like they might have a car to win the championship in years. That has to be a disappointment to Lewis (and Jenson), he could stay at Mc for the rest of his career and never win another title, and always wonder, what if?
Old 13 Jul 2012, 06:49 (Ref:3105899)   #204
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Lewis pulls some moves that upsets Nicole!

According to The Soearaway Sun, Lewis in in BIG trouble...
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ten-girls.html
Old 13 Jul 2012, 09:04 (Ref:3105936)   #205
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I hate the British press. What a crap, non-story with a bunch of trampy girls trying to conduct a kiss and tell with nothing to tell...
Old 13 Jul 2012, 09:08 (Ref:3105937)   #206
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I think we could all do without Nicole Schfoekfoewkfo for one weekend, tbh...

You'd think she's a driver with the amount of air time she gets.

Selby
Old 13 Jul 2012, 14:34 (Ref:3106047)   #207
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Arghhhh... Stay away from that BS Lewis !
Old 13 Jul 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3106056)   #208
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Can't a guy have a few beers with his mates, without getting hauled over the coals for it? Apparently not.

That's showbiz!
Old 13 Jul 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3106116)   #209
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pathetic behaviour, just confirms what i've thought for some while.

Great, exciting driver though he is, he doesn't appear to be too bright and very badly advised.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3106123)   #210
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post

Great, exciting driver though he is, he doesn't appear to be too bright and very badly advised.
in what respect does it confirm your suspicions? is this proof that he likes unattractive women who dress poorly?

but i agree. if thats the best that club had to offer then he was truly badly advised to go there in the first place.

how anyone can take this story seriously let alone use it as a window into either his intelligence or personal life is totally beyond my understanding.

unless of course you were joking...then sorry.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 20:41 (Ref:3106150)   #211
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
unless of course you were joking...then sorry.
Nope, not joking at all.

For a "role model" like Hamilton to put himself in that position is a very dim thing to do. It's OK for some ephemeral popstar but pretty pathetic for an ex World Champion struggling with his form.

The Sun will take advantage of him of course, that's what they do, but I wouldn't be that happy if I were a personal sponsor. Not all publicity is good publicity.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3106182)   #212
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Nope, not joking at all.

For a "role model" like Hamilton to put himself in that position is a very dim thing to do. It's OK for some ephemeral popstar but pretty pathetic for an ex World Champion struggling with his form.

The Sun will take advantage of him of course, that's what they do, but I wouldn't be that happy if I were a personal sponsor. Not all publicity is good publicity.
You overstate things, Raikkonen lived to fight another day. But you're not entirely incorrect. It's the middle of the season, he's struggling and this is the time to have the head as clear as buddha. This is not the time to have an irate 'er indoors giving him the rough end of the rolling pin and he's proven before he's vulnerable to strife in the domestic domain. He should've snuggled up to a non-demanding book! He'll be joining Button wandering around the back of the pack in a daze if he's not careful.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3106255)   #213
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Quote:
You overstate things, Raikkonen lived to fight another day. But you're not entirely incorrect. It's the middle of the season, he's struggling and this is the time to have the head as clear as buddha. This is not the time to have an irate 'er indoors giving him the rough end of the rolling pin and he's proven before he's vulnerable to strife in the domestic domain. He should've snuggled up to a non-demanding book! He'll be joining Button wandering around the back of the pack in a daze if he's not careful.
Yes, I think you've put that very well. I wasn't trying to suggest it was a career threatening crisis, just that it's indicative of someone who is losing focus and certainly not thinking very hard about how others will portray his actions.

Kimi is Kimi, just as James was James.....some people can get away with all sorts of bad behaviour and often the public rather like them for it. Hamilton is not one of those and never will be. His carefully crafted sponsor-friendly image is not suited to splashes such as this in the tabloids.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3106333)   #214
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can we please get back to the topic?
Old 14 Jul 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3106339)   #215
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought the topic was Hamilton's moves?

Seems he pulled a few dodgy ones that night... bang on topic I'd say?

There is some relevance. You could infer that his head isn't entirely in the right place, or that he was simply relaxing James Hunt style (it never did him any harm...). If it's the former, maybe that's becuase he's not feeling entirely secure at McLaren, or feels he needs to look around to gain advantage.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3106342)   #216
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To be honest, I haven't even read it garcon. I am not in the least interested in celebrity gossip and I think us making pseudo-psychological judgements about some night in a club and how he feels about his F1 team is extreme in the extreme.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 13:19 (Ref:3106344)   #217
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:

Yeah, I've always hated the tabloids too.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3106346)   #218
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Can we please get back to the topic?
Hamilton's present state of mind has a bearing on his present stock as a driver and may very well influence the decision that he himself makes for next year now that we are in the midst of the silly season and a decision from him is required. Particularly as Hamilton has demonstrated that when his private life goes awry, it intrudes upon his professional life. He seems to lack the ability to compartmentalise his professional life from his private life so while Hamiton's antics should not be overstressed, it is salient to the topic in hand.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3106349)   #219
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Nope, not joking at all.

But what no one has mentioned yet is that the woman he was with is a friend he has known since school. Why shouldn't Hamilton go out and enjoy himself in his free time? Its just the Sun trying to rattle a few feathers and create some stories.

Anyway getting back on topic. I don't see him moving anywhere, Ferrari wouldn't have him whilst they've got Alonso, Red Bull is a no go now, no guarantee that Lotus will move forward in the next few seasons, Mercedes seem to want drivers from Germany or who have come through their manufacturer programs.

Maybe Mclaren aren't up to the Red Bull level but its the best chance for Lewis to be competitive for the next few seasons.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 13:37 (Ref:3106350)   #220
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Hamilton's present state of mind has a bearing on his present stock as a driver and may very well influence the decision that he himself makes for next year now that we are in the midst of the silly season and a decision from him is required. Particularly as Hamilton has demonstrated that when his private life goes awry, it intrudes upon his professional life. He seems to lack the ability to compartmentalise his professional life from his private life so while Hamiton's antics should not be overstressed, it is salient to the topic in hand.
How on earth does he compartmentalise a night in a hotel? If it weren't for the bloody press being there to take photos and convince people that he is such a disaster, there wouldn't be a problem.

We have a 2013 driver line-up thread here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131783

Please now post speculation on the subject in that one. There is no need for two.

Last edited by Born Racer; 14 Jul 2012 at 13:42.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 22:18 (Ref:3106471)   #221
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a bad thing to do...