Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 14 Sep 2013, 09:08 (Ref:3303750)   #201
pinkd56
Racer

England
Luton
pinkd56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Spot on, it is purely a 'show car' obviously to try and generate some interest and potential backing. I'll be more surprised if we see two Megane's on the grid next year than Chris James making a successful return!
What about Chris James running the two Meganes?

P.S. Hope you've got a good lawyer
Old 14 Sep 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3303804)   #202
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
2014 calendar now confirmed

Mar 18th - Donington Park Media Day

Mar 30th – Brands Hatch Indy, Kent
Apr 20th – Donington Park, Leicestershire
May 4th – Thruxton, Hampshire
Jun 8th – Oulton Park, Cheshire
Jun 29th – Croft, Yorkshire
Aug 3rd – Snetterton, Norfolk
Aug 24th – Knockhill, Fife
Sept 7th – Rockingham, Northamptonshire
Sept 28th – Silverstone, Northamptonshire
Oct 12th – Brands Hatch GP, Kent
Old 14 Sep 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3303805)   #203
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only seven Porsches? Sorry, but that's appalling. What's the point? Surely it's just a bit of an embarrassment to TOCA.

Still firmly believe TOCA need to get a grip of the situation, and sort the support programme out. It's all very well having a big touring car grid, but if some of the support races have such poor entries, it makes the whole programme look less professional.

Autosport's Jamie O'Leary makes a good point on Twitter. A lot of PCCGB competitors are now racing in British GT instead.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3303814)   #204
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
Only seven Porsches? Sorry, but that's appalling. What's the point? Surely it's just a bit of an embarrassment to TOCA.

Still firmly believe TOCA need to get a grip of the situation, and sort the support programme out. It's all very well having a big touring car grid, but if some of the support races have such poor entries, it makes the whole programme look less professional.

Autosport's Jamie O'Leary makes a good point on Twitter. A lot of PCCGB competitors are now racing in British GT instead.
But Ginetta and Clio Cup grids are good and organisers have put the work in to ensure this. Formula Ford has been better since FIA F4 became viable. Porsche are working on this. It's very easy for us to sit and complain. But there will be a new car next year with a good number of orders already. Lets see...
Old 14 Sep 2013, 12:46 (Ref:3303817)   #205
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
But there will be a new car next year with a good number of orders already. Lets see...
Deposits, not orders. That means diddly squat to be honest. 888 and Dynamics had deposits on the current gen of car and didn't go through with it due to lack of interest.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 16:01 (Ref:3303882)   #206
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post

The support package has been bad for a couple of years now. Only really the Clios provide consistent entertainment and good racing. The problem for me is twofold; poor grid numbers (say below 15) and too many repeat races. Back in the late 90s there used to be one race of each support and that was it. Now we get repeatedly hit over the head multiple times per day with poor races because there is always 2 of them on race day.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3303883)   #207
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They only had one race back then because there were more permanent support series. Nowadays it's all about value for money, hence they have a couple of races each.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3303895)   #208
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
-
Old 14 Sep 2013, 19:33 (Ref:3303963)   #209
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The support package has been bad for a couple of years now. Only really the Clios provide consistent entertainment and good racing. The problem for me is twofold; poor grid numbers (say below 15) and too many repeat races. Back in the late 90s there used to be one race of each support and that was it. Now we get repeatedly hit over the head multiple times per day with poor races because there is always 2 of them on race day.
Back in the good old days there was only one BTCC race per meeting. Nowadays there are so many that even Jason Plato has won more BTCC races than Andy Rouse! Now, if this statistic doesn't prove you can't compare one era with another then nothing does!
Old 15 Sep 2013, 07:26 (Ref:3304119)   #210
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meanwhile, what will happen to Tom Ingram? He's practically destined to win the GT SuperCup this season and this (in theory) means a BTCC drive next season. Do KX send him to a different team, persuade 888 to run a 3rd car, drop him or drop Tordoff. I certainly wouldn't do the latter, considering Tordoff may well be a better title contender than Plato next season, but do KX branch out? After all, they aren't 888, are they?
Old 15 Sep 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3304129)   #211
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Meanwhile, what will happen to Tom Ingram? He's practically destined to win the GT SuperCup this season and this (in theory) means a BTCC drive next season. Do KX send him to a different team, persuade 888 to run a 3rd car, drop him or drop Tordoff. I certainly wouldn't do the latter, considering Tordoff may well be a better title contender than Plato next season, but do KX branch out? After all, they aren't 888, are they?
888 won't be 'dropping' Tordoff while he continues to pay for his seat and underwrites a significant percentage of the team's budget. If Ingram has a wad of cash behind him, the decision on what team to go to will be ostensibly his.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 09:51 (Ref:3304156)   #212
tallguy_2
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
tallguy_2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there should be a permanent guest slot at all the TOCA meetings, perhaps have the Legends Cars there at one round, quaife inter marque silhouettes at another, pickups at one etc?

Bit of variety, spice it up! Let's actually see some close racing on the supports!
Old 15 Sep 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3304283)   #213
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Megane story - http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/...by-mda-wheels/
Old 15 Sep 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3304360)   #214
Tiny
Rookie

Sweden
Tiny has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its VERY much a strange situation here.
In sweden many "now it all best forumpeople" says that the BTCC is not fair.

But the cars keep on getting up the numbers and still companies try to build and race new cars , BTCC can not be that bad if the grid keeps getting bigger?

We have the TTA/STCC cars and really BAD BAD racing for now anyways.
Volvo in top with 5 cars and now other is near to win.

I for one is following BTCC more then STCC.
Hoping for the Renaullt to get built.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 19:34 (Ref:3304362)   #215
Tiny
Rookie

Sweden
Tiny has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Buy the way???
What the F**K is TOC doing.
He is not very nice to any of the teams he sort of "commits" to.
Just ship in the midseason for the last seasons.

Hope he get "canned" , i used to like him but has really tired of him.
Did not go that well this weekend either.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3304380)   #216
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Its VERY much a strange situation here.
In sweden many "now it all best forumpeople" says that the BTCC is not fair.

But the cars keep on getting up the numbers and still companies try to build and race new cars , BTCC can not be that bad if the grid keeps getting bigger?

We have the TTA/STCC cars and really BAD BAD racing for now anyways.
Volvo in top with 5 cars and now other is near to win.

I for one is following BTCC more then STCC.
Hoping for the Renaullt to get built.
My opinion - it's attracting teams and drivers because it's getting big crowds (trackside attendances at some venues have been up near the supertouring years this year), and it's got a fantastic TV package. And that's happening because we have close exciting races, where a good driver can shine on a limited budget (look at Rob Austin this weekend). That's "not fair" if you have a big budget to develop the car, because of the boost adjustments giving the lesser cars a helping hand. I don't like the boost situation myself, it is artificial - I agree with the suggestion earlier in the thread that they dyno the engines at the start of the season, set the boost to equalise the power levels, and leave it there. But there's no denying the racing has been close and the audience is growing...

I also hope the Megane gets built - the show car at Rockingham looked great

Quote:
Buy the way???

I think you're being a bit harsh. The last time he jumped ship mid-season the budget was running out, and he got an offer he couldn't really turn down. This time - well, I suspect there's a lot more going on there (on both sides) than has been made public.

As for this weekend? I thought he did ok, especially given that he was on the Focus' base boost, not whatever the other two have.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 20:13 (Ref:3304384)   #217
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I think the Audi is one of the best looking cars on the grid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
They could drag their heels and tell their dealers not to supply any production parts for example. I do wonder if the Audi got the blessing of Audi UK, because it's not the prettiest, classiest looking Audi I've ever seen.
I must admit, I quite like it, reminds me a bit of the Group 2 style cars of the 70s.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3304428)   #218
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I must admit, I quite like it, reminds me a bit of the Group 2 style cars of the 70s.
For about 2hrs after R2 today, it must have been the best looking touring car in the world! At least in rob's eyes
Old 15 Sep 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3304436)   #219
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Except for the fake grill the Austin Audi is a nice car.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3304591)   #220
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Buy the way???

Well Team Hard dropped him from the last three rounds because they ran out of budget for him to drive and do the required post-season testing, so he found another drive.

Want did you want him to do in this situation, sit at home and post tweets about the racing?
Old 16 Sep 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3304617)   #221
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I am sure TOC knows all this and is already working towards it, but I can't see that doing part BTCC seasons with on/off BTCC drives is doing him any favours.

The only place to get paid to drive at this level is in GT's and Historic's and you can have a long career in both.

Works touring car drives are in short supply and even ex WTCC World Champ Rob Huff is saying he may/will look to GT's if he doesn't get a factory drive in the WTCC next year...
Old 16 Sep 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3304662)   #222
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
News on the Renaults here:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109901
Old 16 Sep 2013, 17:30 (Ref:3304761)   #223
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
why would anyone buy the unproven Renault when Dynamics can sell you very proven Civics with full setup and telemetry data ?
Old 16 Sep 2013, 17:42 (Ref:3304768)   #224
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Price/Availability/Fits in with sponsors business plans/scope for development

Need I continue?
Old 16 Sep 2013, 22:41 (Ref:3304916)   #225
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan Gow regarding new entry rules for 2014

Quote:
As advised to the teams some time ago, we are modifying the entry process for next year. This will provide the current teams with surety over their present entries, as well as an opportunity to increase their entry by one car - providing that the additonal entry meets certain criteria.

Those eligible current teams will 'pre register' in November/December, after which we will then know how many new entries will be available to take the maximum entry size to 32.

These new entries will be awarded on a first come/first served basis.....but only after we have first validated that their proposed entry meets our criteria for acceptance.
Closed Thread