Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jun 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3083813)   #201
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think Massa will see out the season with Ferrari, not least because of lack of replacements - they must remember the embarrassment of first Badoer then Fisichella - but I am sure that Felipe will be waving good-bye to Maranello this year. Which leaves him in a very tricky position. I wondered about a straight swap with Perez, but di Montezemolo seems to be rubbishing the prospect of Perez at Ferrari (foolishly, in my view).
Old 2 Jun 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3083834)   #202
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I think Massa will see out the season with Ferrari, not least because of lack of replacements - they must remember the embarrassment of first Badoer then Fisichella - but I am sure that Felipe will be waving good-bye to Maranello this year. Which leaves him in a very tricky position. I wondered about a straight swap with Perez, but di Montezemolo seems to be rubbishing the prospect of Perez at Ferrari (foolishly, in my view).
But isn't that the way of F1? Team Principals will fervently deny having ever even passed Driver X on the way to the loo, only for us to find out later that Driver X had signed a contract months ago.

A swap with Sauber is not out of the question, but it will not happen until after the season.

Last edited by JohnSSC; 2 Jun 2012 at 16:53. Reason: missing letters
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3084765)   #203
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC View Post
A swap with Sauber is not out of the question, but it will not happen until after the season.
That assumes that Sauber would even want Massa. Even if they didn't promote Gutierrez, why take Massa instead?
Old 3 Jun 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3084781)   #204
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Fair point, unless Ferrari cash were somehow involved.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 09:33 (Ref:3084989)   #205
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Fair point, unless Ferrari cash were somehow involved.
I'm not sure that Ferrari owe Massa anything, esp paying for his ride, that said, Felipe still has a lot to offer imo and given how tight it is between the midfield teams, Sauber might be better off having 2 experienced drivers in Massa and Kobi than a rookie and Kobi.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 10:08 (Ref:3084997)   #206
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Expect the announcement at Monza
Old 9 Jun 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3088255)   #207
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good qualifying today from Felipe, hope he keeps it up !
Old 9 Jun 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3088273)   #208
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfettafan View Post
I hope he has good race; he needs to.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3088364)   #209
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfettafan View Post
Did exactly what he needed to do, 3.5 tenths off Fernando.

Fingers crossed for a good result from him today.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3088443)   #210
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Did exactly what he needed to do, 3.5 tenths off Fernando.

Fingers crossed for a good result from him today.
Yes agreed, may the force be with him! If he can dig out a result on a circuit that's not always been that kind to him (well, 2004 or 05 was a super drive) then that will be a significant achievement for him under huge pressure.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3088982)   #211
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After yesterday's Canadian GP the pressure will be mounting.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3089052)   #212
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
After yesterday's Canadian GP the pressure will be mounting.
Oh, yeah it's mounting : http://en.espnf1.com/canada/motorsport/story/81171.html
Old 11 Jun 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3089135)   #213
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately it could well be that the ink is already drying on his P45 after Canada....
Old 11 Jun 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3089269)   #214
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
He did seem to be driving the nuts off the car in the early part of the race, so much so I thought he would connect with any wall, let alone the wall of champions. Its obvious Ferrari have had words and told him to get results, he almost seemed on the edge early on. Then the silly spin....goodnight and goodbye, a real shame..
Old 24 Jun 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3097148)   #215
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Lapped again........
Old 24 Jun 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3097176)   #216
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well he was pretty strong in the early going but got caught up in 2 accidents not of his making. Signs are he's still getting stronger pace wise in a race, if not qualy.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 14:34 (Ref:3097193)   #217
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, who knows about the future...
Old 24 Jun 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3097205)   #218
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah he was a bit unlucky today but the back luck could seal his fate too as he's still not getting the results.

Can anyone honestly see him finishing on the podium at all this year?
Old 24 Jun 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3097241)   #219
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Well he was pretty strong in the early going but got caught up in 2 accidents not of his making. Signs are he's still getting stronger pace wise in a race, if not qualy.
He was beaten by both Caterhams and a Marussia while his team mate won the race.

Cant see a good way of looking at that really.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3097250)   #220
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke g28 View Post
He was beaten by both Caterhams and a Marussia while his team mate won the race.

He gets to drive a Ferrari. What's not to like?
Old 24 Jun 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3097274)   #221
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:

It's a funny old world isn't it!

Imagine how he would have looked had he finished there as a result of NOT having any accidents and problems in the race.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3097304)   #222
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:

Did you watch the race ?
Old 24 Jun 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3097466)   #223
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:

And why, do you suppose, that he finished behind the Caterhams and a Marussia?
Old 25 Jun 2012, 08:11 (Ref:3097614)   #224
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both the Caterhams had fairly large incidents, its not like they had a smooth race either. If I remember rightly the Marussia also had an incident.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 08:26 (Ref:3097622)   #225
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Massa is going, think that one's obvious.

How about Grosjean to replace him?

Right age and beginning to look the "real deal" - certainly quick.
Closed Thread