Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Oct 2009, 04:32 (Ref:2557982)   #201
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2009 Hot Laps Dates" Book Now!

Current News: Current News: 4th October 2009
TKR SET TO UNVEIL THREE NEW CARS FOR THIS YEARS NZ MOTORSPORT CHAMPIONSHIP.
TKR will unveil three new cars and drivers at the opening round of this years New Zealand Motorsport Championship in November.
The opportunity for all three drivers has been heavily subsidised by TKR and the teams sponsors along with each driver being provided the use of a TKR car FOC with TKR also agreeing to pickup the damage budget of each driver for the season as-well.
TKR will also unveil later this month at an official team function the teams naming rights sponsor the three cars who has proudly supported TKR for over 10 years now.

Similar to 8th Junes news...and these Hot Laps dates come and go....
So do these "UNVEILINGS"...
"Gunna John"...author of sorts...
Old 11 Oct 2009, 06:23 (Ref:2558770)   #202
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought a previous release said there was a 'new' sponsor?

It was mentioned previously TKR had purchased 2x Mini'a... what's the third car?
Old 11 Oct 2009, 06:35 (Ref:2558780)   #203
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Apparently it was Sam Murray and it involved a five figure sum of a deposit of which the services were never rendered nor the deposit returned.

Unfortunately, I believe it was Ken Block that had recommended Murray to my friend. There was no interest in running the full championship, but I think my friend was just looking for some international experience. Ken Block has done a few rounds himself down there.
There are some very reputable people in NZ that can provide genuine deal .Don't give up on them. Happy to put you in contact.

Also sorry for all those bitten by the money scavenger.For those who have not suffered a loss-- perhaps it is better if you do not criticise those whose lives have been affected.
Old 11 Oct 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2559188)   #204
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is off topic I know, but some more info on Sam Murray... (real name Stephen Allan David Murray). Now residing near Wiamate in the South Island.

His company RallyFanz was effectively shut down by Robbie Leicester who went after him for monies owed.
The 6 monthly liquidators report (filed on the NZ Companies web site) showed there were 44 unsecured creditors, who along with a handful of secured ones, were owed a total of $512,601.85.
Assets - nil.

This resulted in people 'obtaining' complete cars, drivetrains, suspension etc etc and holding them for ransom till they got some return. Most didn't get anything.
He burnt close friends and a lot of small businesses along the way to his championship title, and then scuttled off into oblivion.
How he ever got as far as he did beggars belief.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 00:14 (Ref:2559331)   #205
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geewizz View Post
This is off topic I know, but some more info on Sam Murray... (real name Stephen Allan David Murray). Now residing near Wiamate in the South Island.
Chrikey, how did we inherit both of them??
i knew rob (bert) murray moved down these ways, didn't know it was a 2 for 1 deal!!
Old 12 Oct 2009, 00:15 (Ref:2559332)   #206
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The thing I dont understand.. is if these masterminds can put their efforts to doing allegedly underhanded things with poise, grace and success.. why can they equally not put their energies into making money the conventional way?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 Oct 2009, 00:53 (Ref:2559353)   #207
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Exactly GTR M,
Others have said the same thing,Indicators are these b****s are just plain lazy,both with the truth and the ability to do the work.

Psst...the "green light" comes on today...
Old 12 Oct 2009, 01:30 (Ref:2559376)   #208
Geewizz
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
Chrikey, how did we inherit both of them??
i knew rob (bert) murray moved down these ways, didn't know it was a 2 for 1 deal!!
I think Deb's parents live down that way, that's why Bert is there. As for Sam, once all you have left is family you might as well stick with them....
Old 12 Oct 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2559516)   #209
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WTF!
C'mon Mod's, where the f are you?
Why is this crap still wasting space?

TKR's gone so should this rubbish.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2559548)   #210
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
hey fredd1!
Old 12 Oct 2009, 17:34 (Ref:2560010)   #211
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1 View Post
WTF!

Not quite,I think you will find a new pile of DJ coming up soon...
Green lights ,Unveilings...and no doubt another onslaught of...Aahh...You will just have to wait and see......it won't be new... but I bet it starts!...
Old 13 Oct 2009, 04:37 (Ref:2560341)   #212
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
ITM Folks…
It seems DJ’s creditors have been “settled” as the phrase goes…It would appear our former self claimed multi millionaire ex supercar players affairs have mostly been resolved by the OA in the issue of his personal bankruptcy…
INEVITABLY HOWEVER…
Coincidentally... as with TKR/DJ’s practices…payments fell well short of the amounts owed to all…No surprise there...
The ANZ/National did not recover all owed funds …Although one cannot help but feel that the banks staff and employees were not adversely affected by the shortfall…
Nor did another well known identity get his full $ for $ return on his “investment” from his TKR/David John’s “involvement”…
Although one has to admit that given the time and distance traveled by this guy to receive “payment of sorts” he must be relieved at this outcome…He has waited a long time for it…
My guess is he may well still be some quarter of a mil out of pocket… ...the cost of doing business with the “player"…
The shareholders of Numero Uno [a liquidated DJ entity] must likewise be enjoying a “heavy sigh of relief”…
It wasn’t too long ago they were astonished to find themselves in the unenviable position of being “leveraged” by our “player”. Fortunately… they seem to be made of sterner stuff and their “actions taken” have proved to be beneficial to those directly involved in this event…IMO...

It appears that the “floating debenture holder” has paddled away…They received some coin, and it seems as though they too have “had enough”…Oh well, everyone wakes up sooner or later don’t they?

The OA’s office…Naturally received “payment in full”…for “services rendered” and knowing this “operation” as I do…She will have earned every dollar of it in dealing with "the dream"…
She and her co workers now know TKR/DJ’s style…
Although …like the banks staff …not at their personal cost...

Unlike SBR, FORD, Scooters mob and many others who have learned the hard way…

Now I recon apart from the banks lawyers [who did a great job] the only “winner” in this has been the OA’s office…they got to beaver away…sort the $$$...pay the claimants…and take home their pay…I assume they cost about $10K a month to operate…plus GST…
AND…it appears there is a small amount left “in kitty”…Although given that the"administration" takes its fees first…If you make a phone call to “enquire” the cost you incur may well take care of the last of the “funds in hand”…
Haere Ra...
Old 15 Oct 2009, 05:34 (Ref:2561727)   #213
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

His company RallyFanz was effectively shut down by Robbie Leicester who went after him for monies owed.
The 6 monthly liquidators report (filed on the NZ Companies web site) showed there were 44 unsecured creditors, who along with a handful of secured ones, were owed a total of $512,601.85.
Assets - nil.

This resulted in people 'obtaining' complete cars, drivetrains, suspension etc etc and holding them for ransom till they got some return. Most didn't get anything.
He burnt close friends and a lot of small businesses along the way to his championship title, and then scuttled off into oblivion.
How he ever got as far as he did beggars belief.
Thanks for that.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 04:24 (Ref:2562466)   #214
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Hey Geewizz,
You wouldn't happen to know Robbie L's whereabouts these days would you, I'd like to hear from him.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2562592)   #215
Geewizz
Racer

I believe he is in the Kinloch area....
Old 16 Oct 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2562947)   #216
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Bailey to drive for TKR

Kart-turned-car driver, 20-year-old Ryan Bailey will drive one of Team Kiwi Racing's development cars in this season's MINI Challenge championship.

....their back...
Old 16 Oct 2009, 21:33 (Ref:2562976)   #217
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion8head View Post
Not quite,I think you will find a new pile of DJ coming up soon...
Green lights ,Unveilings...and no doubt another onslaught of...Aahh...You will just have to wait and see......it won't be new... but I bet it starts!...
Hi,
Martin Collins [Challenged] may care to comment here, but as it stands' as of yesterday, there was only 3 confirmed entry's for the Mini Cooper Class, which runs with in the NZ Production Car Championship.

In fact the whole Production Class Category, appears to be in trouble. with only a total of some 10 entries confirmed.

Whilst I am not privy to the exact number of Mini's, Martin is charged with delivering, as part of BMW New Zealand's deal with TMC [the Series promoter's] it may very well be that Mr John "re-launch off the brand", is in trouble already.

MP.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 00:32 (Ref:2563035)   #218
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I believe he is in the Kinloch area....

... still building houses?
Old 17 Oct 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2563158)   #219
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi,
Martin Collins [Challenged] may care to comment here, but as it stands' as of yesterday, there was only 3 confirmed entry's for the Mini Cooper Class, which runs with in the NZ Production Car Championship.

In fact the whole Production Class Category, appears to be in trouble. with only a total of some 10 entries confirmed.

Whilst I am not privy to the exact number of Mini's, Martin is charged with delivering, as part of BMW New Zealand's deal with TMC [the Series promoter's] it may very well be that Mr John "re-launch off the brand", is in trouble already.

MP.
Oh dear, what to make of it all. I bet those people that payed for the cars for dj to call his own are gutted, more so martin as the team he left because of you no are the owlny ones wanting to race.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2563238)   #220
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
Oh dear, what to make of it all. I bet those people that payed for the cars for dj to call his own are gutted, more so martin as the team he left because of you no are the owlny ones wanting to race.
What you talking about willis, I mean DJJ Are you suggesting that the Mini racers have boycotted even being on the track with TKR branded competitors...Taking the moral high ground...not wishing to be associated in any way with the dream.
Admirable, and they have a choice...refreshing...assuming any of this is real.
It appears that Ryan Bailey,a young talent on the rise has signed to be one of TKRs "development series" drivers.
I can't help thinking the local Lions club may well have been a better source for his folks to have sought backing for Ryans development...
the motivation and success of such organisations being well known...
Old 17 Oct 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2563407)   #221
CHALLENGED
Rookie

CHALLENGED should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi,

MP.
Mark,

Just to help clarify the situation, we look like having eight or nine cars on the grid at the first round at Pukekohe. I speak with the owners regularly and they have just been very very slow at getting their entries in.
Also for clarification, MINI Challenge is still a stand alone Championship but running on the track at the same time as the Production Car class. MINI Challenge will be on the front of the grid with a delayed start for the Production Car field. I believe Production Cars are in a similar position with late entries to come.
It is a shame we find ourselves in this position, fighting to stay alive following the introduction (albeit very covertly) of a second small production car class.
Hope this helps clear things up.
Cheers Martin
Old 21 Oct 2009, 06:37 (Ref:2565971)   #222
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
hey fredd1!
C'mon Richard.
Get with it.
Old 23 Oct 2009, 00:37 (Ref:2567553)   #223
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1
WTF!

Quote:
Not quite, I think you will find a new pile of DJ coming up soon...
Quote:
bet it starts!...
spotted in news...a fresh pile of DJ...well not fresh, the names are fresh the rest

"TKR has certainly been dealt a number of king hits and many low blows recently, there’s no denying that. but we are definitely fighters, we have been able to clear our name on many of the trumped up accusations putting that behind us and we are looking forward to getting back on the road and re-establishing the fantastic relationships we have built up with kiwi Motorsport fans over the past 10 years."
This could do with “tidying up” me thinks...Try this…

TKR and I have been forced to comply with a couple of legal requirements recently; unfortunately for me and my company this was enabled by a judge who did not believe what I told him. Hence this situation has been resolved by an official organization that had forced us to respond, something we don't usually bother with. As, over the past 10 years we have found that our lawyers have been successful in our avoiding the payment of accounts along with breaches of alleged contracts and other shortcomings on our part.

Fortunately I managed to keep TKR out of the ensuing enquiries as we managed to persuade the officials involved that my shortcomings, regarding the provision of personal guarantees and securities over the supposed assets of one of my companies, was an oversight. As you are perhaps not aware my personal bankruptcy was also able to be utilized to distance me temporarily from the directorship duties I have as well. This time was spent by creditors, most adopting a “wait and see attitude”, giving us a temporary respite from their persecutions, statutory demands and so on.
Thus freeing me to continue albeit somewhat surreptitiously in furthering the aims of the team without the implied responsibility of the directorships, a holiday really and I learnt some interesting new things as well.
As we have managed to extricate ourselves from further compliance by that particular entity, we now look forward, with this experience now behind us, to continue our revenue gathering and hope to find more marks in NZ Motor sports and persevere with our fairly successful enterprise.

I’m on the bones of my arse so to speak, but I’m still free to persevere in my endeavours,and as I continue to find malleable citizens to assist me...Oh Yeah!...” never say die and stay one step ahead”...that’s the formula.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 02:29 (Ref:2568427)   #224
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
September 25th - Friday SOLDOUT
October 16th - Friday
October 21st - Wednesday SOLDOUT
November 12th - Thursday
December 18th - Friday

Holden versus Ford in TKR's very own V8 Supercars.

Chose either the TKR Holden V8 Supercar and or TKR Ford V8 Supercar when you book.

Both the Holden and Ford are on the track together at the same time so get a mate, book yourselves in at the same time and hold on for a blast like no other.

Obviously if you do not want to book in a mate at the same time we will have a passenger in the second car so you can experience what it is like firsthand to race door to door at full speed in a V8 Supercar.

TKR HOT LAP PACKAGE INCLUDES:

Morning Tea, Lunch or Afternoon Tea.
Light refreshments all day.
Signed certificate of complettion
Team Poster signed by drivers
1 piece of Official TKR Merchandsie
3 laps at full speed
Overalls supplied
Helmet supplied
Gloves syupplied
Photo of your experience.
Use of TKR VIP Hospitality facility.

All you need to do now is book in on the date you prefer and we will call you to arrange a suitable time throughout the day you have chosen in the car of your choice.

October 21st been and gone,...just like Sept 25th...
Old 24 Oct 2009, 04:00 (Ref:2568436)   #225
mememe
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
mememe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can they not afford a spell checker either.
Gloves syupplied