Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who will win this year's 6 Heures du Spa-Francorchamps?
Audi 25 29.07%
Toyota 42 48.84%
Porsche 13 15.12%
Rebellion 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 May 2014, 02:14 (Ref:3401006)   #201
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been at laguna all day,what did I miss!! Saw the highlights on the wec app.and man that looked like an exciting session. I wonder if Audi is playing games or if this Audi showing how week they become with real competitors a la Peugeot and make mistakes? Either way I hope this internet is fast to stream the app in the morning.

...on the hybrid thing,it doesn't really amaze me any.seen and worked on road cars with hybrids.the turbo hybrid units is what interests me,like why didn't we think of that sooner and why aren't they on road cars yet.a hybrid turbo unit on a Prius would be awesome!!
Old 3 May 2014, 02:20 (Ref:3401007)   #202
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone know where I can watch/stream this?

It's meant to be shown live now on Motors TV, but for some reason it's an FIM 24hr race at Magny Cours.

Selby
--
Duh... It's on during the day, not the night. My bad. F1 Fanatic accidentally put their live chat for it up tonight (am) rather than during the day today (pm).

Last edited by ECW Dan Selby; 3 May 2014 at 02:33.
Old 3 May 2014, 03:06 (Ref:3401013)   #203
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
The pole sitter on it's quick lap:

Pretty bummed out with not having RLM at the track BTW. Really miss them...
That is a great photograph!
Old 3 May 2014, 04:54 (Ref:3401024)   #204
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualifying for those who missed it is up on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-wki1PXVS4
Old 3 May 2014, 05:28 (Ref:3401032)   #205
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Incredible photo, NelisB! Will be watching it live in a few hours!
Old 3 May 2014, 05:29 (Ref:3401033)   #206
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just checked the forecast Stavelot and looks like the weather will be a bit chilly. But at least it's not gonna be a rainy day.
Old 3 May 2014, 05:30 (Ref:3401034)   #207
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Just checked the forecast Stavelot and looks like the weather will be a bit chilly. But at least it's not gonna be a rainy day.
And, at least for the ones sitting at home, that's the best news!
Old 3 May 2014, 06:32 (Ref:3401044)   #208
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
To me, the qualifying today had the excitement of an entire raced condensed into 30 minutes.

Quality and historic happenings real-time.
Which 30 mins are you talking about, GT or LMP?
Old 3 May 2014, 06:34 (Ref:3401045)   #209
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
It can't update fast enough.

What a qualifying though! Congrats to Lieb/Porsche!

That 919 just gobbled up the R18 down the Kemmel straight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Live pictures look good but the info going across the top is rubbish positions are in the wrong order
Positions were correct. Even though they looked wrong. Remember two drivers for each car have to do 2 laps each otherwise your times don't count (yet).

Last edited by eps; 3 May 2014 at 06:43.
Old 3 May 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3401046)   #210
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here some more pics from the practice sessions on friday:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2014/w...l&gal=Training

and from Qualifying:

http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2014/w...gal=Qualifying
Old 3 May 2014, 07:43 (Ref:3401050)   #211
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Posted originally in the R18 thread:

I've been thinking looking at some videos of last year, and I'm wondering if Audi went for more downforce this year to try and milk more life out of their tires during a race.

We have to remember that post LM that there's a ton of tracks that are very abrasive on tires, and the last track last year where Audi or Toyota had much success with double stinting tires was COTA. Shanghai is hard on tires, Bahrain is hard on tires, and Interlagos is hard on tires.

High downforce cars tend to make better use of their tires and have better tire durability. For Spa, the track is more abasive than Silverstone, and unlike the past day, the sun should be out. And that means higher track temps and slicker race track.

It could be then that if Toyota or Porsche sacrifice any tire durability by running less downforce, it'll show then.

But that's just a theory on why Audi opted for more downforce than their competitors this year, to try and get an edge in cornering and also maybe tire wear.
Old 3 May 2014, 08:56 (Ref:3401065)   #212
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Positions were correct. Even though they looked wrong. Remember two drivers for each car have to do 2 laps each otherwise your times don't count (yet).
That makes sense i had totally forgotten about that, well only a few hours now until the start, just heard from some mates there that the weather is looking good so lets hope it stays that way
Old 3 May 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3401073)   #213
Azy
Rookie

Azy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi is fast as hell in a place where the hardest to overtake (corners)
Old 3 May 2014, 09:36 (Ref:3401074)   #214
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here a deeper overview of how the times in Qualifying developped
Old 3 May 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3401075)   #215
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post

But that's just a theory on why Audi opted for more downforce than their competitors this year, to try and get an edge in cornering and also maybe tire wear.
For sure the reason is that, anyway the LD #3 showed a poor top speed as well compared to porsche and toyota LD. Maybe the 2014 R18 LD has still more downforce than rivals LD package or maybe because of eot the audi engine has 20-30hp less than porsche and toyota.
Old 3 May 2014, 11:04 (Ref:3401088)   #216
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
For sure the reason is that, anyway the LD #3 showed a poor top speed as well compared to porsche and toyota LD. Maybe the 2014 R18 LD has still more downforce than rivals LD package or maybe because of eot the audi engine has 20-30hp less than porsche and toyota.
When it comes to power deficit, 300bhp is a conservative estimation compared with Toyota and Porsche. So I'm quite happy with Audi winning nothing at all now. The only one to blame is EoT.
Old 3 May 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3401098)   #217
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Posted originally in the R18 thread:

I've been thinking looking at some videos of last year, and I'm wondering if Audi went for more downforce this year to try and milk more life out of their tires during a race.

We have to remember that post LM that there's a ton of tracks that are very abrasive on tires, and the last track last year where Audi or Toyota had much success with double stinting tires was COTA. Shanghai is hard on tires, Bahrain is hard on tires, and Interlagos is hard on tires.

High downforce cars tend to make better use of their tires and have better tire durability. For Spa, the track is more abasive than Silverstone, and unlike the past day, the sun should be out. And that means higher track temps and slicker race track.

It could be then that if Toyota or Porsche sacrifice any tire durability by running less downforce, it'll show then.

Something to add watching the #2 onboard again - it reached it's top speed about half a kilometre before the end of the straight. It was almost as if the Audi had lost its top gear because there's still a massive amount of torque from that engine.

Given that GTE cars are topping out at ~255km/h (20km/h difference), it looks like the wrong choice if it was a conscious decision.
Old 3 May 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3401099)   #218
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Really looking forward to this race after Silverstone, though I fear it may not be as close.

Any idea why the splash screen for streaming says the race is on Sunday?
Old 3 May 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3401101)   #219
EverOne
Racer

Spain
Madrid
EverOne has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Really looking forward to this race after Silverstone, though I fear it may not be as close.

Any idea why the splash screen for streaming says the race is on Sunday?
Says Sunday but tha date is 3, just a mistake
Old 3 May 2014, 12:04 (Ref:3401103)   #220
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
Stream has started! New link: http://backvideo.ampi.tv/embed/8ialzp
Old 3 May 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3401104)   #221
EverOne
Racer

Spain
Madrid
EverOne has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS View Post
Stream has started! New link: http://backvideo.ampi.tv/embed/8ialzp
Thank you!
Old 3 May 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3401105)   #222
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really excited for this. Top cars all fast in different places. Jealous of everyone who's there but two attendances in three rounds will have to do me.
Old 3 May 2014, 12:13 (Ref:3401108)   #223
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Looks like I'm going to miss the first 1 1/2 (i.e. the most interesting) hours of the race.

Would anyone on here be so kind as to give me a recap when I get back online?
Old 3 May 2014, 12:13 (Ref:3401109)   #224
tiger5181125
Rookie

tiger5181125 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could someone please help me, i paid for the whole season and watched silverstone on my pc, but this race i cannot find the link to watch it on my pc on the wec website??
Old 3 May 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3401111)   #225
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger5181125 View Post
could someone please help me, i paid for the whole season and watched silverstone on my pc, but this race i cannot find the link to watch it on my pc on the wec website??
This should be it: members.fiawec.com