Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2007, 21:32 (Ref:2027335)   #201
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Todt
"As I said before, we will respect a contract for a guy cleaning the floor so you can imagine that I will respect a (drivers') contract."
Who's that guy ????
Old 1 Oct 2007, 00:36 (Ref:2027441)   #202
CATMAN
Racer

CATMAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Some people when commenting seem to forget that Lewis Hamilton works as part of a team at all times, something that Alonso has shown he does not do!
Lewis showed today where Alonso failed to show, don't knock the rookie and don't start blaming him for what is reported rather than what he says
Old 1 Oct 2007, 02:43 (Ref:2027485)   #203
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATMAN
Some people when commenting seem to forget that Lewis Hamilton works as part of a team at all times, something that Alonso has shown he does not do!
So what is the disregardign team orders over the radio and suggesting that the Monaco win was taken from him?
Old 1 Oct 2007, 08:18 (Ref:2027624)   #204
CATMAN
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32
So what is the disregardign team orders over the radio and suggesting that the Monaco win was taken from him?
McLaren employs drivers as equals, realising that your team mate is not as good as he'd like you to think and finding he is working against you behind the scenes to be given a favourable position would you not stamp your feet!
You also presume OZ_HCR32 that what he did and said was not supported or to the team managements advantage, what is said and what is printed is not always to be assumed to be un=scripted or un-planned in F1
Old 1 Oct 2007, 09:28 (Ref:2027685)   #205
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATMAN
McLaren employs drivers as equals, realising that your team mate is not as good as he'd like you to think and finding he is working against you behind the scenes to be given a favourable position would you not stamp your feet!
You also presume OZ_HCR32 that what he did and said was not supported or to the team managements advantage, what is said and what is printed is not always to be assumed to be un=scripted or un-planned in F1

You may be right. But rather then presuming that much what i am pretty sure of is at Monaco Hamilton started making noise that he could have challenged Alonso for the win but the team and the pit stops meant that he didnt get the opportunity. Wasnt there an investigation about team orders...though nothing came from it.

Hungarian GP he disobeyed instructions from the pit wall. Direct quote...Dennis explained that it was Alonso's turn to benefit from "the longer fuel burn" and that Hamilton should have slowed to allow Fernando to pass him in the Q3 session.

"He did not. He charged off," said Dennis. "That was somewhat disappointing and caused some tensions on the pit wall."

So Lewis had just come from a challenging European GP, prior to that had caused himself a headache in the pitstop meaning he finished 3rd behind Alonso....but found himself ahead of the Championship courtesy of his consistency, speed and misfortune of others.

So it is my understanding that he started some of the "talk" and then threw the first punch so to speak at the Hungarian GP...with Alonso immediately hitting back. (but being heavily penalised) Hamilton is a competitive animal which is why he will enjoy a lot of success.

But with him playing the victim card and the press eating it up?!?!?!? I think Alonso will hang around. There arent any other competitive drives and he will want to beat Hamilton in the same car. I may not be a huge Alonso fan but he is a great driver and a 2 time WDC...he will want to beat Lewis next year.

I think Hamilton wants to set up camp/HQ at Mclaren much like Mika was able to...but with a driver and personality as strong as Alonso dont think he will enjoy the same level of support and success that Mika was able to. So if Hamilton can see Alonso out the door improves his chances of dominance. Didnt DC even com eout recently and say he knows how hard it would be for Alonso based on his experience at the team? Suggesting that if anything it is theuir chosen son that could be getting preferential treatment?????

Ultimately, only those in the team know whats going on. If Dennis keeps Alonso then i think we can take a lot of what we have read and heard this year as simpel media beat up

Last edited by OZ_HCR32; 1 Oct 2007 at 09:35.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 09:54 (Ref:2027699)   #206
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Who's that guy ????
That's the job they've offered Massa for when they replace him with Alonso.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 1 Oct 2007, 10:09 (Ref:2027714)   #207
CATMAN
Racer

Ron Dennis and McLaren are the most skilled users of the media and mis-information. Hence his and others extreme annoyance/anger over the Stepney and Gouglan affair.

( " Hungarian GP he disobeyed instructions from the pit wall. Direct quote...Dennis explained that it was Alonso's turn to benefit from "the longer fuel burn" and that Hamilton should have slowed to allow Fernando to pass him in the Q3 session.

"He did not. He charged off," said Dennis. "That was somewhat disappointing and caused some tensions on the pit wall." )

OZ_HCR32, you are assuming with your quotes above that they are "gospel" and the action of Lewis did not suit Ron or the team. What Ron Dennis says about his cars or a drivers action is often part of a wider strategy.

There's more than one way of skinning a rabbit and when a driver starts to strut, preen and demand ,skilfull use of the other drivers planned actions and words can send a message that the probelm driver has chosen to be deaf to.

In Alonso McLaren have drivers contract to pay and at present only a short term immediate investmant that has been fractious and costly as the season developed, there is though also the atraction for sponsors by having double WDC.

In Lewis , McLaren have many years of past expensive investment and with his history with the team a proven dedication to the McLaren machine and the team members and "family" that make up the McLaren work force. Lewis is a PR and advertisers dream that Sponsors will and have allied themselves to no matter what Alonso may think his worth is.

Think outside the box, move back at a ten mile tangent and think lateraly and may be you will come near to understanding McLaren and F1 workings
Old 1 Oct 2007, 10:25 (Ref:2027727)   #208
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

Sorry, i suspect from 10 miles away i will see nothing. And call me silly, but im not with you. Prior to Monaco wasnt it all happy sailing at Mclaren.

I am happy to be convinced. But you havent presented anything that i can be objective about What makes you think that Dennis wants Alonso gone...at what point of the season do you thnk he made the decision?
Old 1 Oct 2007, 10:47 (Ref:2027741)   #209
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso isn't going to take a sabbatical - "however and wherever" he will be racing next year!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62919

I hadn't considered that missing out on the first year in ages without TC would be a problem, but clearly it is a massive factor.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 11:00 (Ref:2027750)   #210
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

LOL...like i was saying above...

"If we are not together next year and I have a competitive car, then fine, and if we have to stay together we'll have another beautiful fight," Alonso said.

I dont think Alonso would run from the opportunity to beat Hamilton next year. They are boith very fast drivers and perhaps the whole "equal driver" thing doesnt sit so well with either of them. Alonso feels that two WDCs means he should be given the lead in the team whilst Hamilton feels that because when headign back to Europe he shoudl have been give the support of the team...not be told to move over so that Alonso can have the optimal strategy to go for pole at the Hungarian GP.

I hope they stay together and Lewis stops whinging and trying to get the press to part oceans for him
Old 1 Oct 2007, 11:07 (Ref:2027755)   #211
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32
I hope they stay together and Lewis stops whinging and trying to get the press to part oceans for him
Absolutely. I wish both LH and FA would shut up and just get on with the racing, although I thought Alonso's post race interview was very calm and honest. He didn't take the opportunity for any silly remarks which is how it should be
Old 1 Oct 2007, 11:11 (Ref:2027758)   #212
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So with Jean Todt seemingly on the outer at Ferrari as the battle for power continues between Luca and Jean, I ponder these latest rumours I am hearing from Japan!

- Jean Todt and son not wanted or liked by Luca M.
- young Nick manages Massa, and we all know Massa is a reincarnation of MS
- Luca hated the lovey relationship JT and MS had in the glory days
- Massa known to be shopping elsewhere incase he is dumped (toyota)
- MS wanted to get back at Luca for signing Kimi over keeping him... so helps FM win races...
- Luca would love to sign another driver that is not under the influence of JT ala ALONSO
- Rumour has it that Webber may have a buy out clause that Ron and co are looking into....

interesting!
Old 1 Oct 2007, 11:16 (Ref:2027764)   #213
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

Any substance to the rumours? I so hope that Webber doesnt go to McLaren. I dont think he would be able to shine at McLaren alongside Lewis. Im not sure he is mentally strong enough to resist punching him if LH choses to enlist the PR machine to help him along

Ferrari and Mclaren are the sorts of teams that can break good drivers because of the environment. Maybe now that MS has left Ferrari are not so bad...but i think the environment at RBR is that Webber will get his chance to shine.

That all said, bring it on. Lets just see what Webber is made of and can get from a car and a GP weekend