Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Feb 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3019757)   #201
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Likely to be a typing error, third driver announced by Labre originally is Christophe Bourret. I´ll expect monsieur Bouchut in for L5.
I remember the announcement too and yes it probably is Bourret. Got excited thinking Boucht back in a Larbre car again. Oh well the Sacred Monster returns to the Level 5 tribe in 2012 to go on the warpath with Chief Tucker.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3019789)   #202
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
And here's the list!

01x P1
03x P2
05x PC
12x GT2
02x GTC

Only three WEC entries (Larbre vette, Krohn and Pecom) and some very apparent teams like Dysons, BS etc missing. Interestingly ESM has 3 458s and RLL bimmers are under BMW Motorsport banner. No second Falken though.

I wouldn't worry about those numbers, and this is a very early draft of the entry list.
thats just the winter test right ("WTEntry")? not the alms list. I was a bit shocked at first when i saw that short lmp list

(cant wait to see the arx 03a and 03b)
Old 1 Feb 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3019843)   #203
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
thats just the winter test right ("WTEntry")? not the alms list.
That's right.

But as I said I wouldn't worry, as we've seen in the past this particular test doesn't necessarily reflect how the actual full season list looks. And we already know that some of the teams that are absent are commited to the season.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 02:44 (Ref:3020085)   #204
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 ESM Ferraris? Is that correct?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 03:01 (Ref:3020089)   #205
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
3 ESM Ferraris? Is that correct?
Sort of. Three entered. One is actually a Micheletto test car.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 13:06 (Ref:3020286)   #206
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Eric Lux tweeted he hopes to announce his plans in the next 10 days. I'm guessing it will be an ALMS ride, but with who I don't know. He wants to move up to LMP2, but what rides are available?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3020291)   #207
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Eric Lux tweeted he hopes to announce his plans in the next 10 days. I'm guessing it will be an ALMS ride, but with who I don't know. He wants to move up to LMP2, but what rides are available?
Conquest?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 13:46 (Ref:3020305)   #208
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It's "BARROOM BRAWL II", with the rematch of the century! Eric Lux squares of against Adrian Sutil in the "BARROOM BRAWL OF DOOM!!!!!!". Featuring Lewis Hamilton as special guest referee. It's only 19,99$, order now from your local cable provider.

Old 2 Feb 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3020449)   #209
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sebring Raceway @sebringraceway Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Excellent Sebring WEC entry: 9 LMP1 (3 Audis!); 9 LMP2; 12 in the GT categories. The 60th Sebring is going to be great!
That's a nice pack indeed (minus dull Audi podium sweep), also means 34 spots for ALMS entrants Well actually more assuming/knowing that some WEC entries postpone their start for the season
Old 2 Feb 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3020456)   #210
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
RLM just said they think there will be 3 Audis at Sebring but only 2 entered in WEC - with one Le Mans car entered as an North American car is there a chance of an ALMS entry?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3020461)   #211
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
It's "BARROOM BRAWL II", with the rematch of the century! Eric Lux squares of against Adrian Sutil in the "BARROOM BRAWL OF DOOM!!!!!!". Featuring Lewis Hamilton as special guest referee. It's only 19,99$, order now from your local cable provider.

Different Eric Lux of course. The one involved in the brawl with Adrian Sutil is the Lotus team co-owner.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:00 (Ref:3020488)   #212
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
RLM just said they think there will be 3 Audis at Sebring but only 2 entered in WEC - with one Le Mans car entered as an North American car is there a chance of an ALMS entry?
Perhaps keep a car over here to run at Petit Le Mans as well?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3020505)   #213
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi NA might be running 2 of the 4 cars at Lemans. My guess.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:23 (Ref:3020507)   #214
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who would Audi NA be? Penske?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:29 (Ref:3020510)   #215
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Who would Audi NA be? Penske?
Audi NA is just the entry listed on the entry form. It has nothing to do where the team is based. They have been going this for years with their Petit entries. A way to get around the two car rule.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3020511)   #216
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Audi NA in recent years is a way to get around the 2 cars per team rule for Audi to run 3 or more cars at LM. I don't really expect that to change.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3020512)   #217
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Audi NA was Champion but now I just think it's Joest with a few ex-Champion staff left. Looks good for PLM though if they run three at Sebring I hope. Unless it's just in case of backing up the hybrids in case of teething issues.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3020529)   #218
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Audi NA was Champion but now I just think it's Joest with a few ex-Champion staff left. Looks good for PLM though if they run three at Sebring I hope. Unless it's just in case of backing up the hybrids in case of teething issues.
Not sure if I heard correctly, but did Hindy suggest on RLM that the Audis at Sebring might be TDI's rather than the hybrids...?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3020534)   #219
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Audi press release mentions that the entries (possibly as many as three) are "R18 TDI" cars. I don't know if they mean the 2011 spec cars, or, as at Le Mans, the newer cars without the hybrid system installed or activated. I do think that it would make sense for Audi to run the R18H's without the hybrid systems to get race miles on the new chassis and aero packages.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3020541)   #220
Bubak
Rookie

Bubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not that I think you had to deal here before, according to rules and entry list here (and rules :-), who want to find it, find it! :-) ) http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/..._mans_2012.pdf that 3rd entry in WEC can be this year in all rounds, or maybe in 24hrs ( I really do not know now :-) ) ? It can be 3rd Joest can, two best score points, 3rd keeps a position. :-)

The same will probably be in SPA if there will be three Audi.

Or even how many Audi cars will be in Spa? Four? :-)
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3020552)   #221
Bill38
Rookie

Bill38 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When is Sebring going to anounce the AMLS entrants?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:44 (Ref:3020563)   #222
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Core Autosport has released its full 2012 LMPC plans. The 2nd car will be run by the Downs brothers. Also the 3rd driver in the 05 car will be David Martinez. New Livery looks good too.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3020581)   #223
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill38 View Post
When is Sebring going to anounce the AMLS entrants?
"Later this month" according to alms presser, but that was pretty obvious.

It's a shame that it's now very likely going to be a 1-2-3 podium sweep for Audi. With Toyota not participating it would've been a great chance for Cytosport or Dyson (or WEC petrols) to stand on the podium.

Strangely enough, seeing how reduced the GTE-PRO will be at Le Mans this year, the Sebring GT2 battle might actually prove to be the toughest of the year! Ie five WEC cars and the regular ALMS field for GT, and then GTE-AM.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3020597)   #224
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
It should be noted that the Chinese WEC round has been announced for October 27th, the week after PLM. For those who had some false illusion that some WEC cars might come over after the October 14th round in Japan, well... that is completely dead now.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3020636)   #225
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
According to DSC there is a good possibility we will see a Starwork HPD for a part season (a second car as the first will be raced in WEC).