Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Mar 2024, 17:48 (Ref:4201249)   #2301
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they talk this for years and nobody really shoves up

why would they come in a declining national series ??
Old 14 Mar 2024, 17:54 (Ref:4201250)   #2302
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People often mention crossovers and suvs but is there a large enough intersection between people that want to buy one and would be impressed by seeing one race? Personally I don't see the connection. As said elsewhere if it was that simple then the truck series in the USA and Australia would be far more popular than NASCAR and Supercars.

Last edited by TinTopGrumpy; 14 Mar 2024 at 18:10.
Old 14 Mar 2024, 17:54 (Ref:4201251)   #2303
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I think what he means is that if Unimog, or some other new manufacturer, wanted to run a team then TOCA could easily extend the 24 limit. That would be harder to accommodate if all 32 spaces were already taken.
Certainly hope so.

I guess if there are ‘only’ three seasons left of NGTC as we know it (or rather two winters with this year effectively set) then the cars / models we have now will be here to the end of it and it’s unlikely we’ll see anything new until then.
Old 14 Mar 2024, 17:58 (Ref:4201252)   #2304
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think what he means is that if Unimog, or some other new manufacturer, wanted to run a team then TOCA could easily extend the 24 limit. That would be harder to accommodate if all 32 spaces were already taken.

I think he could also allow a few one car teams in to test the water
Old 14 Mar 2024, 18:17 (Ref:4201257)   #2305
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if someone will test the waters with a crossover before the rule change comes in or if this will be status quo in terms of what's on the grid and no one tries to introduce a new car to the series before then because of the costs.
Old 14 Mar 2024, 19:02 (Ref:4201260)   #2306
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
I wonder if someone will test the waters with a crossover before the rule change comes in or if this will be status quo in terms of what's on the grid and no one tries to introduce a new car to the series before then because of the costs.

That is the worry. Perhaps they should have thought of this before they announced planned new regs
Old 14 Mar 2024, 20:33 (Ref:4201269)   #2307
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Reminder that Excelr8’s livery is tomorrow at 2:00.

Laser Tools next Thursday (21st)
Old 14 Mar 2024, 23:06 (Ref:4201282)   #2308
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2024 TBL2024 TeamCarDriverStatus
Excelr8 Motorsport-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformancePearsonConfirmed for 2 years in press release (24&25)
Excelr8 Motorsport-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngramConfirmed in Press Release
Excelr8 Motorsport-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChiltonConfirmed in Press Release
Excelr8 Motorsport-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing-1NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STSutton Confirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing-2NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STCammish Confirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing-3NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STRowbottom Confirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing-4NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STOsborne Confirmed in Press Release
West Surrey Racing-1Team BMWBMW 330e M SportTurkingtonDiscussed his 2024 aspirations in interview
West Surrey Racing-2Team BMWBMW 330e M SportMorgan? 
West Surrey Racing-3Team BMWBMW 330e M Sport??? 
West Surrey Racing-4Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in Press Release
Speedworks Motorsport-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UKToyota Corolla GR Sport WatsonConfirmed in Press Release
Speedworks Motorsport-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UKToyota Corolla GR SportHuff?Team stated they are evaluating the option
Speedworks Motorsport-3LKQ Euro Car Parts with SYNETIQToyota Corolla GR SportCookConfirmed in Press Release
Speedworks Motorsport-4LKQ Euro Car Parts with SYNETIQToyota Corolla GR Sport MoffatConfirmed in Press Release
Power Maxed Racing-1CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraTaylor-SmithConfirmed in Press Release (24&25)
Power Maxed Racing-2CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraDobleConfirmed in Press Release
Power Maxed Racing-3CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall Astra??? 
Restart Racing-1Restart RacingCupra León SmileyConfirmed in Press Release
Restart Racing-2Restart RacingCupra León SumptonConfirmed in Press Release
Aiden Moffat Racing-1Team HARD.Cupra LeónDeLeonConfirmed in Press Release
Aiden Moffat Racing-2Team HARD.Cupra León???Confirmed in Press Release
CBM Racing-1????????? 
One Motorsport-1N/AN/AN/ATaking a ‘pause’ for 2023
One Motorsport-2N/AN/AN/ATaking a ‘pause’ for 2023
One Motorsport-3N/AN/AN/ATaking a ‘pause’ for 2023
Other Rumours    
?????????HamiltonSpoke to ITV stating he is working on a deal
?????????ThompsonStated he is confident of being on the grid, and supported by Team Dynamics

Key:
Green/Bold – Confirmed in a press release since the start of 2023 season
Green – Confirmed in a press release prior to 2023 season
Amber – Indicated as happening by comments from official sources
Blue – Rumoured in multiple sources
Old 15 Mar 2024, 11:11 (Ref:4201309)   #2309
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From my experience on doing the school runs, the SUVs seem to me to be more often driven by women, whilst more men have estate cars or saloons.

A bit of a sweeping generalisation, yes, but even from casual conversation I find its usually women or older drivers who prefer the 'higher up seating position'.

Yes women enjoy the BTCC too, but I wonder if there's less of a correlation with liking SUVs than in the general population.
Old 15 Mar 2024, 11:23 (Ref:4201311)   #2310
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That is the worry. Perhaps they should have thought of this before they announced planned new regs
With NGTC TOCA built their own Avensis with GPRM to test the regs in private (Kelvin Burt, Marino Franchitti, Tim Harvey and others drove it before James Thompson did in FP1 and FP2 in publicat the finals Day Brands 2010) against the S200s. Before that they allowed NGTC engines to run for a year in S2000 cars before the rules switch.

Logic says they'll repeat this to compare the performance of a ''generic Typical potential car'' but I think the new cars would still have the current Hybrid powertrain just in different shells/subframes so no extensive testing needed really.

Again TOCA and Speedworks tested a hybrid Corolla with Darren Turner and Andrew Jordan in private before taking it public. TOCA would do this again with any ruleset replacement.

Matt and Jason aren't that busy these days

Anyways, WSR are selling damaged race-used panels and old memorabilia on their ebay shop now so must be looking for a few quid.

Last edited by tocatrucky; 15 Mar 2024 at 11:29.
Old 15 Mar 2024, 11:45 (Ref:4201313)   #2311
S griffin
Veteran

That’s fine, but the worry is it will deter other makes/manufacturers appearing until the new rules come in. We could do with a bit more variety right now
Old 15 Mar 2024, 12:58 (Ref:4201319)   #2312
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That’s fine, but the worry is it will deter other makes/manufacturers appearing until the new rules come in. We could do with a bit more variety right now
sounds like you havent read the interview
he says the current cars will be updated
so they are not completely new regulations
Old 15 Mar 2024, 13:52 (Ref:4201325)   #2313
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
sounds like you havent read the interview
he says the current cars will be updated
so they are not completely new regulations

Yes I have. And my point stands. It would be better for new makes to come in before they are updated
Old 15 Mar 2024, 14:18 (Ref:4201328)   #2314
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://www.btcc.net/2024/03/15/team...btcc-campaign/
New Exclr8 livery

It's a bit uninspiring. When they said they were doing a special 100th anniversary livery I was expecting something more that just "100 years of" in small text before 'Bristol Street'
Old 15 Mar 2024, 14:37 (Ref:4201331)   #2315
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocatrucky View Post
Anyways, WSR are selling damaged race-used panels and old memorabilia on their ebay shop now so must be looking for a few quid.
Or need some space in the workshop...
Old 15 Mar 2024, 14:42 (Ref:4201332)   #2316
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
New Exclr8 livery

It's a bit uninspiring. When they said they were doing a special 100th anniversary livery I was expecting something more that just "100 years of" in small text before 'Bristol Street'

I wonder why there was no mention of Halstead or no inclusion of his car?
Old 15 Mar 2024, 14:47 (Ref:4201336)   #2317
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
He is meant to be racing in a completely different livery - basically an XXL version of a CrazyKart - and I would assume Halstead + sponsors want to give that livery its own dedicated announcement.
Old 15 Mar 2024, 14:48 (Ref:4201337)   #2318
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
New Exclr8 livery

Yeah, not bad but personally think last year’s flowed better and the sponsors were a bit less cluttered. Cool to see a semi-large / public launch event!
Old 15 Mar 2024, 14:51 (Ref:4201338)   #2319
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
New Exclr8 livery

Yes, for all the teasing I did expect something slightly more special for BSM's centenary. But IMO what they've gone for is a nice livery, a reimagining of what they had last year.
Old 15 Mar 2024, 15:07 (Ref:4201340)   #2320
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Or need some space in the workshop...
Indeed. One of the few teams with a ‘spare’ car they could use for this season.
Old 15 Mar 2024, 15:59 (Ref:4201348)   #2321
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
RML, Cosworth, ITV and TOCA's own contract are all up for renewal at the end of 2026.
From that list the only one I’d be concerned about losing is ITV. If they decided to step away, we’d be in a bad place as spectators.
Old 15 Mar 2024, 16:01 (Ref:4201349)   #2322
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
New Exclr8 livery

Looks a bit BMW-y with the colours on the side. Nice to see a Team Dynamics logo on the car!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
Old 15 Mar 2024, 16:17 (Ref:4201351)   #2323
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Alan Gow must be so comforted to get all of this advice
Old 15 Mar 2024, 17:23 (Ref:4201355)   #2324
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Nick’s livery will be totally different to the other three so will be released at a seperate event
Old 15 Mar 2024, 20:59 (Ref:4201370)   #2325
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Be interesting to see what models are actually suitable post 2026 as many manufacturers may have few pure petrol models in their range by then and probably model ranges will have consolidated even more.

Sent from my SM-T736B using Tapatalk