Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jul 2024, 12:34 (Ref:4220807)   #2326
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So… what of the stories on the unknown clickbait websites that suggest that Mr Sainz shall be a Williams pilot for 2025, and has his options completely open for 2026 and beyond…

While Mr Newey is equally set to join Williams, for (hopefully) longer.

Til it hits Joe Saward or Autosport it seems unreal…
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Jul 2024, 23:40 (Ref:4220944)   #2327
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So… what of the stories on the unknown clickbait websites that suggest that Mr Sainz shall be a Williams pilot for 2025, and has his options completely open for 2026 and beyond…

While Mr Newey is equally set to join Williams, for (hopefully) longer.

Til it hits Joe Saward or Autosport it seems unreal…
Simply an unconfirmed comment from a person with 'insider knowledge' has made to a clickbait site that Sainz has signed for 10 million for a year with options that allow him to leave without ever racing for them if he secures a Mercedes or RBR seat for a year....!

Honestly.
About as reliable as carrying an ice cream home for my sider while walking to her place about 30 min away on a 35C degree day.....
Old 29 Jul 2024, 07:29 (Ref:4220969)   #2328
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I doubt Sainz has signed anything, he's still looking. Really Idk where have these rumours come from. I'll wait for any official statement, if it does come out
Old 29 Jul 2024, 14:55 (Ref:4221021)   #2329
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Sainz announced as Williams driver "for 2025 and beyond".

Good move by the team, not unexpected of course but still a good move.
Old 29 Jul 2024, 15:05 (Ref:4221023)   #2330
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"Oh, no he won't"
"That's ludicrous"
"No way would he"
"Oh"

Old 29 Jul 2024, 23:12 (Ref:4221078)   #2331
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Simply an unconfirmed comment from a person with 'insider knowledge' has made to a clickbait site that Sainz has signed for 10 million for a year with options that allow him to leave without ever racing for them if he secures a Mercedes or RBR seat for a year....!

Honestly.
About as reliable as carrying an ice cream home for my sider while walking to her place about 30 min away on a 35C degree day.....
this aged well
Old 30 Jul 2024, 04:58 (Ref:4221106)   #2332
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
this aged well
Yes, it did!
I had seen an item that sounded very dubious because it included all sorts of clauses that allowed Sainz to leave with a moments notice if he was offered a seat at Red Bull or Mercedes.

And it was from 'an exclusive source' so i winced and thought Argggghhhh.

Then directly below it was a denial by Sainz that any decision had been made.

30 hours later there was a confirmation from Vowles and it was done, but maybe not with 'special clauses', or maybe it has them, but they're not being talked about.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 12:51 (Ref:4221141)   #2333
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It's got to be something like 1 + 1 with the priority decision on Carlito's side?

I.E Hamilton struggles season and retires and Fred says 'come back Carlos, all is forgiven', or Red Bull come a cropper with Max who retires!
Old 30 Jul 2024, 15:29 (Ref:4221173)   #2334
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I honestly thought that Sainz was a sure thing for that 2nd Red Bull seat. Interesting that he is going to Team Willy. I imagine that deal has a lot of performance clauses in it though, with exit options.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 16:21 (Ref:4221192)   #2335
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I honestly thought that Sainz was a sure thing for that 2nd Red Bull seat. Interesting that he is going to Team Willy. I imagine that deal has a lot of performance clauses in it though, with exit options.
I don't think I've ever heard of an F1 contract without performance clauses in about 30 years!
Old 30 Jul 2024, 19:02 (Ref:4221228)   #2336
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I imagine that deal has a lot of performance clauses in it though, with exit options.
James Vowles says that isn't the case. No exit clauses according to him & also according to him, Carlos wanted to wholly commit and not have the clauses.

I actually like this approach - team and driver wholly commit to each other, succeed or fail together but each understands that the other, even if unhappy at times, is in it for the long haul.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 19:42 (Ref:4221233)   #2337
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
James Vowles says that isn't the case. No exit clauses according to him & also according to him, Carlos wanted to wholly commit and not have the clauses.

I actually like this approach - team and driver wholly commit to each other, succeed or fail together but each understands that the other, even if unhappy at times, is in it for the long haul.
There will still be performance clauses. There has to be.
Old 30 Jul 2024, 20:19 (Ref:4221238)   #2338
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
its Williams...someone will have to give them cheap engines if they want to poach CS early!

but seriously a great step for Williams as its been a while since they havent needed to employ a pay driver or been a spot for a top end team to park a junior driver into.
Old 31 Jul 2024, 00:17 (Ref:4221249)   #2339
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
It's got to be something like 1 + 1 with the priority decision on Carlito's side?

I.E Hamilton struggles season and retires and Fred says 'come back Carlos, all is forgiven', or Red Bull come a cropper with Max who retires!
Vowles has said he didn't want Carlos for a 1 year deal.
He wanted a long-term commitment to rebuild the team.
So I think its 2 years plus options.
Old 31 Jul 2024, 01:12 (Ref:4221254)   #2340
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there a clause in the contract for giving up your chassis to your teammate?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 31 Jul 2024, 02:55 (Ref:4221258)   #2341
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Actually that is not what is said in that article. To paraphrase, Vowles said the specific exit clause they asked him about (open seat at Mercedes or Red Bull) didn't exist. And that only a few people know the details of the contract, so anything you read is speculation. Even then, any type of guessing game that might hit upon any truths around the contract structure are likely (and should) be met with denials from all parties.

Quote:
I do expect there are clauses that protect both the team and the driver, but I also agree that they are likely focusing on commitment to each other and the clauses are not structured around quick and easy ways for Carlos to jump ship or for the team to push Carlos out. And I also agree that is a good thing. I really hope it works out for both. I am happy to see Carlos at Williams.

I think Williams is focusing on (A) moving from their old way of doing things, such as the internal design and manufacturing processes that Vowles is implementing and (B) focusing on 2026. I can imagine the 2025 car will be incremental improvements (maybe no longer overweight if that is still an issue) and other things. But I don't see them performing significantly differently than this year. Also 2025 (and 2026 for sure) will be the fruit of the new practices being put in place.

Of course many teams are looking to steal a march on everyone with the 2026 regulations and yet someone still has to finish last. So who knows where Williams will end up. Probably better than Audi and Alpine.

Richard
Old 31 Jul 2024, 02:57 (Ref:4221260)   #2342
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
How are Williams still in F1, that’s the real question isn’t it.
Old 31 Jul 2024, 11:41 (Ref:4221294)   #2343
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sainz announced as Williams driver "for 2025 and beyond".

Good move by the team, not unexpected of course but still a good move.

Or is it?

Sainz denies Williams deal now set in stone

Carlos Sainz has denied reports that he has now signed with Williams for 2025 - although the Oxfordshire-based team's boss sounds very confident.

Carlos was quoted on the Williams website yesterday saying.

Quote:
Carlos Sainz: “I am very happy to announce that I will be joining Williams Racing from 2025 onwards. It is no secret that this year’s driver market has been exceptionally complex for various reasons and that it has taken me some time to announce my decision.
What was that about exit clauses? Triggered already?

Old 31 Jul 2024, 13:52 (Ref:4221324)   #2344
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Or is it?
Article is a few days old. Probably written/published prior to official announcement. Williams has announced it on their website and Carlos has done the same on his social media.

Richard
Old 31 Jul 2024, 14:30 (Ref:4221327)   #2345
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/empzxjZwi6a1PhhN/
Old 31 Jul 2024, 14:31 (Ref:4221328)   #2346
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
No. It isn't.
Old 31 Jul 2024, 14:33 (Ref:4221330)   #2347
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm sure he'd give it a good go. I remember him racing Formula 3 back in the day (also Marlboro sponsored), he was no slouch.
Old 31 Jul 2024, 14:44 (Ref:4221331)   #2348
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Article is a few days old. Probably written/published prior to official announcement. Williams has announced it on their website and Carlos has done the same on his social media.

Richard
OK....article was dated 29th so I guess must have been published just prior to the confirmation which is shown on the Williams website as 30th. https://www.williamsf1.com/posts/22c...s-carlos-sainz

I thought Sainz was confirmed on the 29th. My bad.
Old 31 Jul 2024, 21:27 (Ref:4221359)   #2349
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
No, it isn't
according to Vowles all their sponsor openings are now filled.
Their cap limited budget is full for 2025.
So, they obviously have the operating budget to continue, and their owners are investing in infrastructure.

They are only going to get stronger under the current operating rules.
Old 31 Jul 2024, 23:14 (Ref:4221367)   #2350
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
No, it isn't
according to Vowles all their sponsor openings are now filled.
Their cap limited budget is full for 2025.
So, they obviously have the operating budget to continue, and their owners are investing in infrastructure.

They are only going to get stronger under the current operating rules.
They’ve been saying that for years now. The most overrated team on the Grid.