Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Mar 2021, 09:23 (Ref:4037828)   #2326
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
That is disappointing - a genuine title contender has gone.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 09:24 (Ref:4037829)   #2327
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
That's a massive shame and I completely didn't see that coming! I'm very much disappointed because Dan Cammish was a quality driver.
Sadly, as we know more and more about the grid this year, it's becoming more and more disappointing...
I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed by this year's grid.

Also Proctor just posted on twitter with a picture of the PMR astra on 2 wheels saying he might start using twitter more. JPs team mate?
Old 2 Mar 2021, 09:25 (Ref:4037830)   #2328
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda Swindon only tipped in hardware - money and road cars come from Honda UK and they are performing badly so piggy bank is empty. Halfords going green, Big € hole Shedden / Rowbottom?
Old 2 Mar 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4037831)   #2329
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's a massive shame and I completely didn't see that coming! I'm very much disappointed because Dan Cammish was a quality driver.
Sadly, as we know more and more about the grid this year, it's becoming more and more disappointing...
Quality..... maybe... but I always seemed to find him a bit miserable and negative.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 09:38 (Ref:4037834)   #2330
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Miserable? No. He was being a bit arrogant and had a tendency to moan about things but I'd rather see such drivers who are really talented and add value to the grid than nice and funny blokes who are amateurs and nowhere near the top level...
Old 2 Mar 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4037837)   #2331
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Honda Swindon only tipped in hardware - money and road cars come from Honda UK and they are performing badly so piggy bank is empty. Halfords going green, Big € hole Shedden / Rowbottom?
If Dynamics have dropped Cammish because of budget then they aren’t likely to put Shedden in the car that brings no budget
Old 2 Mar 2021, 09:49 (Ref:4037839)   #2332
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
If Dynamics have dropped Cammish because of budget then they aren’t likely to put Shedden in the car that brings no budget
Unless having Shedden in the car is enough of a draw for a potential big sponsor for the team...
Old 2 Mar 2021, 09:58 (Ref:4037843)   #2333
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gordon sheddan and Henry Neal will form team Dynamics, that’s my shout for the season
Old 2 Mar 2021, 10:04 (Ref:4037844)   #2334
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Unless having Shedden in the car is enough of a draw for a potential big sponsor for the team...
Exactly Being able to drive is not enough- having a personality is almost as important. On the other side who will be Harvey's new fave?
Old 2 Mar 2021, 10:04 (Ref:4037845)   #2335
Robshillito1990
Racer

I notice how Dan hasn't thanked Dynamics on twitter but has others. I don't think this was to do with budget. They've done it before dropped decent drivers in favour for others.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 10:09 (Ref:4037847)   #2336
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I don't think it will be Shedden, because Cammish was likely dropped because of budget, and I doubt it will be Neal - he wouldn't sacrifice his own team's title hopes just so he could have a 31st year in the BTCC. It might be his son, Henry Neal, but somehow I doubt it. Most likely it will be Rowbottom and somebody who brings sponsorship and money. And Honda have almost certainly pulled out (in terms of manufacturer backing).
Old 2 Mar 2021, 10:13 (Ref:4037848)   #2337
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I don't think it will be Shedden, because Cammish was likely dropped because of budget, and I doubt it will be Neal - he wouldn't sacrifice his own team's title hopes just so he could have a 31st year in the BTCC. It might be his son, Henry Neal, but somehow I doubt it. Most likely it will be Rowbottom and somebody who brings sponsorship and money. And Honda have almost certainly pulled out (in terms of manufacturer backing).
I don't think it will be budget. He seems very surprised at it himself so maybe he's had a personal backer pull out last minute. After all he will still need to find his own sponsorship
Old 2 Mar 2021, 10:14 (Ref:4037849)   #2338
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
I notice how Dan hasn't thanked Dynamics on twitter but has others. I don't think this was to do with budget. They've done it before dropped decent drivers in favour for others.
Maybe not on Twitter, but:

Dan Cammish said: “Whilst it is really disappointing for me, I have to thank Dynamics for their faith in bringing me into the Championship three years ago.

“If it weren’t for them, I probably wouldn’t have got my ‘big break’ in the BTCC and managed to do what I have done. We have parted on exceptional terms and I will be keeping in contact going forward. You never know what the future will bring.”
Old 2 Mar 2021, 10:19 (Ref:4037850)   #2339
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
On the other side who will be Harvey's new fave?
Dunno, is he paid to manage anyone else?
Old 2 Mar 2021, 10:22 (Ref:4037851)   #2340
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport are also mentioning the rumour of Honda support being pulled. Might end up with just two teams entering the constructors this year - WSR BMW and Speedworks Toyota (as the Vauxhall tie with PMR sounds unlikely to continue).

Not that it matters hugely, but it is nice to see some manufacturer stickers on cars. Adds a level of professionalism to the championship IMO, although it's superficial in reality.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 10:24 (Ref:4037852)   #2341
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Dunno, is he paid to manage anyone else?
Didn't know he managed him - did a good job there then!
Old 2 Mar 2021, 11:11 (Ref:4037862)   #2342
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Miserable? No. He was being a bit arrogant and had a tendency to moan about things but I'd rather see such drivers who are really talented and add value to the grid than nice and funny blokes who are amateurs and nowhere near the top level...
I was more thinking along the lines of some one like Shedden who even on a bad day, picked out the positives.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 11:13 (Ref:4037864)   #2343
Robshillito1990
Racer

The tweet matt neal has just put out makes it sound like they had planned on a 3 car team this season with 2 other drivers already there but some teams blocked it happening. This is what he said

"Truly gutted about @DanCammish he is a class act, we worked our socks off to make it happen but devastated we couldn’t keep him on the grid 😩
Thanks to the few individuals who blocked our attempts but real thanks to those who welcomed the competition and supported our efforts."
Old 2 Mar 2021, 11:14 (Ref:4037865)   #2344
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD View Post
A good Solid driver Dan and a shame to lose his talent. I just never warmed to his personality. It'll be interesting to see who they bring in and if it matches Dan's ability. Not many make a switch to the BTCC and hit the ground running like he did. No matter how dominant they were in other series.
Agreed, one of my least favourites personality wise but he's a championship contending driver the series needs.

I really think it'll only be Sutton and Turkington for the championship next year, which isn't great.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 11:14 (Ref:4037866)   #2345
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting tweet from Matt Neal: https://twitter.com/MattNealRacing/s...03785201045512
Matt Neal
@MattNealRacing
Truly gutted about
@DanCammish
he is a class act, we worked our socks off to make it happen but devastated we couldn’t keep him on the grid
Thanks to the few individuals who blocked our attempts but real thanks to those who welcomed the competition and supported our efforts.

"blocked out attempts" ??
Old 2 Mar 2021, 11:15 (Ref:4037867)   #2346
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
Very interesting tweet from Matt Neal: https://twitter.com/MattNealRacing/s...03785201045512
Matt Neal
@MattNealRacing
Truly gutted about
@DanCammish
he is a class act, we worked our socks off to make it happen but devastated we couldn’t keep him on the grid
Thanks to the few individuals who blocked our attempts but real thanks to those who welcomed the competition and supported our efforts.

"blocked out attempts" ??
3rd car is all that can mean
Old 2 Mar 2021, 11:25 (Ref:4037870)   #2347
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
3rd car is all that can mean
So this must mean they wanted three cars: one (Cammish) to fight for the championship and two to bring money, but they weren't allowed three cars, and as they needed the money Cammish was the one who had to go. So who is the second driver alongside Rowbottom? I can't think of any candidates.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4037872)   #2348
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
So this must mean they wanted three cars: one (Cammish) to fight for the championship and two to bring money, but they weren't allowed three cars, and as they needed the money Cammish was the one who had to go. So who is the second driver alongside Rowbottom? I can't think of any candidates.
Not necessarily I honestly think they would have had Shedden return with Cammish and then possibly a full pay driver or possibly even Matt Neal and obviously as all TBLs are allocated they would have had to request one of TOCAs reserved ones which I guess requires the agreement of all other teams before being given.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 11:36 (Ref:4037877)   #2349
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats a shame, i am sure I remember Matt saying they were blocked from a 3rd entry last year too.
So this is almost certainly tying in with Rowbottom with some cataclean money, Shedden would be the obvious partner if he has found some money to bring to the table but I think if Honda or Halfords are pulling away they will want someone with a huge cheque book to take the seat, I cant really think of anyone tho.

Looking at who Dynamics have courted in previous years when Shedden left, we have Tom Onslow Cole and Mat Jackson, neither of whom are renowned for the budget they can bring, TOC is too successful in other categories to want a full time return, and Mat has no budget.

But lets go leftfield, after a year out could Sam Tordoff be ready for a comeback with come JCT600 money?
Old 2 Mar 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4037879)   #2350
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
thats a shame, i am sure I remember Matt saying they were blocked from a 3rd entry last year too.
So this is almost certainly tying in with Rowbottom with some cataclean money, Shedden would be the obvious partner if he has found some money to bring to the table but I think if Honda or Halfords are pulling away they will want someone with a huge cheque book to take the seat, I cant really think of anyone tho
Wierd other teams seem to have negotiated entries Toyota , Motorbase etc Dont TOCA have spares?