Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Aug 2024, 18:01 (Ref:4221453)   #2351
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is a clip on tiktok of the announcement to the Williams faithful of Mr Sainz’s arrival at the team.

Mr Vowles was in a seriously happy place.. and his long suffering Williams employees were more than pleased, and jumping up and down quite literally at the news.

Mr Sainz shared the news via video clip, devoid of logos and happy to share the news.

The energy was good.. it seemed like a happy environment despite the team’s championship position this year. They are definitely drinking Mr Vowles’ KoolAid..

That said.. it would be good for another customer Benz team to emulate their papaya mates up the road, and be a genuine threat again…
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Aug 2024, 19:06 (Ref:4221460)   #2352
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is a clip on tiktok of the announcement to the Williams faithful of Mr Sainz’s arrival at the team.

Mr Vowles was in a seriously happy place.. and his long suffering Williams employees were more than pleased, and jumping up and down quite literally at the news.

Mr Sainz shared the news via video clip, devoid of logos and happy to share the news.

The energy was good.. it seemed like a happy environment despite the team’s championship position this year. They are definitely drinking Mr Vowles’ KoolAid..

That said.. it would be good for another customer Benz team to emulate their papaya mates up the road, and be a genuine threat again…
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Aug 2024, 10:02 (Ref:4223600)   #2353
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Do Williams have a spare tub at Zandvoort?

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Aug 2024, 10:57 (Ref:4223609)   #2354
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Do they have a spare driver?
Old 24 Aug 2024, 11:14 (Ref:4223610)   #2355
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That was scary seeing the pictures. Glad Logan was able to bolt out so quickly
Old 24 Aug 2024, 11:39 (Ref:4223615)   #2356
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Do Williams have a spare tub at Zandvoort?

They don’t have any more of that bodywork.
Old 24 Aug 2024, 12:01 (Ref:4223617)   #2357
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Logan Sargeant crashed at Zandvoort twice last year. The first one was after getting into Q3 for the first time and the second was in the race.
Old 25 Aug 2024, 06:06 (Ref:4223707)   #2358
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
They now need a better tape measure, apparently. I don't know why Vowles is so highly rated. The team still makes too many mistakes, and surely his biggest error was to keep Sargeant in the car this year, despite plenty of evidence from last year that he was out of his depth. This has proved very costly.

Sent from my SM-T736B using Tapatalk
Old 25 Aug 2024, 06:36 (Ref:4223709)   #2359
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
They now need a better tape measure, apparently. I don't know why Vowles is so highly rated. The team still makes too many mistakes, and surely his biggest error was to keep Sargeant in the car this year, despite plenty of evidence from last year that he was out of his depth. This has proved very costly.

As I think you know, many were amazed when they gave him the job. I really have no idea what they were thinking. I’d see him as totally unsuited to the job and promoted well above his real level.
Old 25 Aug 2024, 10:15 (Ref:4223726)   #2360
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
As I think you know, many were amazed when they gave him the job. I really have no idea what they were thinking. I’d see him as totally unsuited to the job and promoted well above his real level.

Are you talking about Sargeant, Vowles, or both?
Old 25 Aug 2024, 13:28 (Ref:4223755)   #2361
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Are you talking about Sargeant, Vowles, or both?
Vowles.

Sergeant was just supposed to be a money machine.
Old 25 Aug 2024, 16:46 (Ref:4223790)   #2362
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Reminiscent of Paddy Lowe, who looked good and came with a big reputation from a team with virtually unlimited resources, but also struggled to make an impact and recreate that at Williams.

Old 25 Aug 2024, 23:55 (Ref:4223875)   #2363
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
He speaks very well but so far nothing has shown Williams are on the right track.

Poor Carlos.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 01:51 (Ref:4223878)   #2364
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vowels was looked to make Williams the B team for Wolff and Mercedes, since he was Toto's right hand man previously.

As for Sergeant, he was put into this situation by those that him as a draw point for american fans and viewers, but also wanted to redirect from another whom was getting a lot of press at that time, namely Colton Herta.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 02:22 (Ref:4223879)   #2365
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think time will tell if Vowles is a good or bad think for Williams. I think they team has been pretty clear that while they are bringing updates for 2024, their focus is on 2026. I personally think too early to say for him.

As to Vowles being to blame for the Albon DSQ, I guess the buck stops with him. So I guess fire him. Same for Toto as he was at fault for George being underweight. I guess we should build a list of mistakes and line up the TPs and shoot them all.

Regarding Sargent, I have mixed feelings. I am not sure what advantage might be gained by replacing him, other than the hope that it might reduce the repair costs! Just like Vowles keeping Sargent (another firing offense), we need to add Horner to that list for keeping Perez. Maybe fire Vasseur for brining in Hamilton vs. keeping Sainze. Like I said, firing squad seems appropriate.

Richard
Old 26 Aug 2024, 04:43 (Ref:4223883)   #2366
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lawson in for Sargant this weekend "maybe"

https://speedcafe.com/liam-lawson-li...turn-at-monza/
Old 26 Aug 2024, 05:01 (Ref:4223884)   #2367
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I think time will tell if Vowles is a good or bad think for Williams. I think they team has been pretty clear that while they are bringing updates for 2024, their focus is on 2026. I personally think too early to say for him.

As to Vowles being to blame for the Albon DSQ, I guess the buck stops with him. So I guess fire him. Same for Toto as he was at fault for George being underweight. I guess we should build a list of mistakes and line up the TPs and shoot them all.

Regarding Sargent, I have mixed feelings. I am not sure what advantage might be gained by replacing him, other than the hope that it might reduce the repair costs! Just like Vowles keeping Sargent (another firing offense), we need to add Horner to that list for keeping Perez. Maybe fire Vasseur for brining in Hamilton vs. keeping Sainze. Like I said, firing squad seems appropriate.

Richard
Williams has been focusing on 'next year' for the last 10 years....!

Old 26 Aug 2024, 05:01 (Ref:4223885)   #2368
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post

Apparently, Marko said NO to loaning him out even though Williams requested a decision to loan him!

So, if that is the case, they had better have something for him to drive before the season is over. They have mucked around for over 10 months now about placing him somewhere so if he could have been in a drive gaining experience then he should have been at the steering wheel.

So what is the plan? Is it possible that DR or Checo are not going to see the season out?
Old 26 Aug 2024, 06:15 (Ref:4223886)   #2369
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Apparently, Marko said NO to loaning him out even though Williams requested a decision to loan him!

So, if that is the case, they had better have something for him to drive before the season is over. They have mucked around for over 10 months now about placing him somewhere so if he could have been in a drive gaining experience then he should have been at the steering wheel.

So what is the plan? Is it possible that DR or Checo are not going to see the season out?
IM only going on what I read.
I think both Checo and Daniel will see out the season.
This might be a introduction to another team?
Old 26 Aug 2024, 06:25 (Ref:4223887)   #2370
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
IM only going on what I read.
I think both Checo and Daniel will see out the season.
This might be a introduction to another team?
Sauber Audi? With Wheatly going there that may be in their thinking, but that still wouldnt be a reason not to loan Lawson out to Williams for the next 9 races....
Old 26 Aug 2024, 06:44 (Ref:4223889)   #2371
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Sauber Audi? With Wheatly going there that may be in their thinking, but that still wouldnt be a reason not to loan Lawson out to Williams for the next 9 races....
Well above my thinking,

Who knows, Marko says something Horner contradicts it, etc etc etc
Old 26 Aug 2024, 06:53 (Ref:4223892)   #2372
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post

Richard
What a lot of nonsense you do write, that’s shows virtually no understanding of F1. You just can’t use your undoubted real life common sense in this.

One reason to replace Logan now is to save millions in repair bills.

Another reason is to develop the car without trashing upgraded parts.

A third might be to actually score more points with both cars to potentially finish higher in the WCC.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 07:17 (Ref:4223898)   #2373
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:

Not sure. They’ll maybe not want to help a team that could then potentially beat their own RB team.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 07:47 (Ref:4223900)   #2374
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Quote:
Not sure. They’ll maybe not want to help a team that could then potentially beat their own RB team.
Could be Mick Schumacher.

Sent from my SM-M336B using Tapatalk
Old 26 Aug 2024, 09:28 (Ref:4223913)   #2375
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It would probably make sense for Williams to take on a new strategy for the second car. Regardless of who is aboard, to use it in a spec from earlier in the season, and not evolve that spec, and only continue to upgrade the #23 chassis with the new parts.

It is only 9 races to go, and as you might imagine, the team tends to learn very little about effectiveness, efficiency and wind tunnel correlation when they have the 2 pack Araldite being whipped out across the weekend putting the pieces back together.

Sure, the second car will likely be slower than the lead one. It mostly already is, so how bad could it be? Just needs to be better than the 107% in some session somewhere across a weekend and all will be well..

Stupid to think in such contexts.. yet 2025 isn’t that far away…
#CANCERSUCKS