Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Aug 2024, 18:40 (Ref:4224212)   #2401
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Mercedes.

According to this article, Michael Latifi was potentially looking to buy Williams after having loaned millions to them.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/michae...liams-takeover
Old 28 Aug 2024, 18:56 (Ref:4224213)   #2402
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
According to this article, Michael Latifi was potentially looking to buy Williams after having loaned millions to them.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/michae...liams-takeover
Yes, and he previously bought 10% of McLaren.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 19:07 (Ref:4224214)   #2403
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Basically trying to "buy" a seat for his son, much like Dimitri and others. Not surprising...
Old 28 Aug 2024, 19:13 (Ref:4224215)   #2404
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes, and he previously bought 10% of McLaren.

You mentioned Mercedes earlier, so where does that come in?
Old 28 Aug 2024, 19:24 (Ref:4224216)   #2405
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
You mentioned Mercedes earlier, so where does that come in?
You thought he spent a lot testing with Williams before racing in F1. It was Mercedes IIRC. Same as Mazepin.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 19:31 (Ref:4224217)   #2406
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
You thought he spent a lot testing with Williams before racing in F1. It was Mercedes IIRC. Same as Mazepin.

No, that's not what thought. At the time, I thought Michael Latifi spent a lot of money, loans as it turns out on Williams, when his son was racing with them, hence the article I posted. Basically, he was going to do a Lawrence Stroll with Williams.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 19:43 (Ref:4224218)   #2407
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
No, that's not what thought. At the time, I thought Michael Latifi spent a lot of money, loans as it turns out on Williams, when his son was racing with them, hence the article I posted. Basically, he was going to do a Lawrence Stroll with Williams.
Sorry, that was Chillibowl.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 20:00 (Ref:4224219)   #2408
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sorry, that was Chillibowl.
yeah that was me...Stroll did his private tests with Williams so was assuming that Latifi did the same. my bad!
Old 29 Aug 2024, 04:49 (Ref:4224245)   #2409
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope 1 keeps it off the wall in Quali this weekend.
Old 31 Aug 2024, 12:12 (Ref:4224549)   #2410
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oof. Mr Vowles had a mouth before brain moment this morning, describing Mick Schumacher and Logan Sargent as "good, but not special".

He has now clarified that by "special" he meant "legendary", as in Hamilton, Senna etc al.

Whoops.
Old 31 Aug 2024, 13:58 (Ref:4224564)   #2411
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Oof. Mr Vowles had a mouth before brain moment this morning, describing Mick Schumacher and Logan Sargent as "good, but not special".

He has now clarified that by "special" he meant "legendary", as in Hamilton, Senna etc al.

Whoops.
Fortunately he is a very good Project Manager / engineer / racer / leader so PR skills ( BSer) can be left to others
Old 31 Aug 2024, 14:29 (Ref:4224569)   #2412
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Didn’t hear him say it, just read about it online…kind of seams like a storm in a teacup kind of thing?

Certainly nothing about it seemed untrue or mean spirited to me at least.

Thought it was ‘convenient’ that they fired up the engines at the same time as Vowles was giving his apology SKY interview!
Old 31 Aug 2024, 14:46 (Ref:4224570)   #2413
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Teacup, more like a thimble. No one is ever gonna argue that Mick is special. Acceptable, possibly good but special?? It's not relative the average bloke on the road, Vowles was specifically referring to OTHER F1 DRIVERS so he's not wrong at all
Old 31 Aug 2024, 16:53 (Ref:4224581)   #2414
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Was a very silly thing to say and, more importantly, just didn't need saying.

Everyone knows it's true but why say it?
Old 31 Aug 2024, 19:33 (Ref:4224602)   #2415
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Was a very silly thing to say and, more importantly, just didn't need saying.

Everyone knows it's true but why say it?
Everyone knows its true, so why not say it? Are we worried about hurting the boys feelings? You put yourself on the worlds stage claiming to be "one of" if not "the best" in the world youre either going to end up a hero or a zero very publicly. You get the fame and wealth or you have to accept the shade.

Ask an Aussie breakdancer...
Old 31 Aug 2024, 19:40 (Ref:4224604)   #2416
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Everyone knows its true, so why not say it? Are we worried about hurting the boys feelings? You put yourself on the worlds stage claiming to be "one of" if not "the best" in the world youre either going to end up a hero or a zero very publicly. You get the fame and wealth or you have to accept the shade.
You just don't go round saying the truth so baldly, as no good comes of it.

"We picked Franco because we believe him and, by the way, he brought us $4.5m to pay for the drive."

I don't think so.
Old 31 Aug 2024, 20:32 (Ref:4224617)   #2417
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You just don't go round saying the truth so baldly, as no good comes of it.
Agree. It was foot in mouth moment.

Richard
Old 1 Sep 2024, 04:52 (Ref:4224678)   #2418
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Teacup, more like a thimble. No one is ever gonna argue that Mick is special. Acceptable, possibly good but special?? It's not relative the average bloke on the road, Vowles was specifically referring to OTHER F1 DRIVERS so he's not wrong at all
Errrrr… have you seen the verbal diarrhoea from Mr R. Schumacher any time seat opens up and Ms Jr doesn’t get the ride?

Perhaps Mr Vowles just wanted to shut RS up.
Hope it does

And it’s all Guenther Steiner’s fault….
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Sep 2024, 11:31 (Ref:4224694)   #2419
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Errrrr… have you seen the verbal diarrhoea from Mr R. Schumacher any time seat opens up and Ms Jr doesn’t get the ride?

Perhaps Mr Vowles just wanted to shut RS up.
Hope it does

And it’s all Guenther Steiner’s fault….
What?

--

Anyway, James is right. Mick isn't legendary. However, neither are Williams not. He doesn't get to pick legendary drivers.
Old 1 Sep 2024, 12:51 (Ref:4224702)   #2420
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Anyway, James is right. Mick isn't legendary. However, neither are Williams not. He doesn't get to pick legendary drivers.
Kinda feel like that was his point.
Old 1 Sep 2024, 13:49 (Ref:4224713)   #2421
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Colapinto seems to be having a pretty solid debut so far.
Old 1 Sep 2024, 16:26 (Ref:4224740)   #2422
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He could become the stabilizing force that Williams needs to be in contention with Haas. A far better #2 than Sargeant, allowing Albon to challenge for points

Vowels couldn't ask for more...
Old 1 Sep 2024, 16:28 (Ref:4224741)   #2423
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Double post.
Old 1 Sep 2024, 17:54 (Ref:4224755)   #2424
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
He could become the stabilizing force that Williams needs to be in contention with Haas. A far better #2 than Sargeant, allowing Albon to challenge for points
Out of interest, how did Sargeant stop Albon challenging for points?
Old 2 Sep 2024, 17:22 (Ref:4225270)   #2425
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!
With so much debate about the top 4 teams at Monza, Williams and their drivers seem to have been left in the shadows. 9th for Albon means he added 2 points to his own and Williams' tallies. 12th for Colapinto was an impressive debut. All in all, a good weekend. I think Carlos would have been pleased to see that performance too.