Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 22 Oct 2003, 12:49 (Ref:759460)   #1
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
digital slr part duex

basically, leading on from the digital slr thread and the advice given from there.

where do you buy yours? on the net or from a shop?
Old 22 Oct 2003, 12:52 (Ref:759464)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was thinking of buying mine online......
Old 22 Oct 2003, 12:52 (Ref:759465)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I found the cheapest place on the net, they didnt have the lens I wanted, so I went to Jessops and they matched the price
Old 22 Oct 2003, 12:55 (Ref:759473)   #4
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
price runner.com thing does help a little with searching for the best price, but misses out on all the smaller traders on the net. and as for ebay, well i wouldnt part with that sort of money on there.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 13:05 (Ref:759489)   #5
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This place seems quite cheap - I haven't tried them though.

http://www.parkcameras.com/digitalcameras/
Old 22 Oct 2003, 13:25 (Ref:759521)   #6
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have ordered from these - and they seem cheaper still...

http://www.cameras-at-lowest-prices.co.uk/index.asp
Old 22 Oct 2003, 13:36 (Ref:759540)   #7
Ian_H
Rookie

England
Durham
Ian_H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can recommend Park Cameras Got my 10D from them good price & good service.

Cheers
Ian
Old 22 Oct 2003, 13:48 (Ref:759556)   #8
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used park cameras to get prices then wonder along to Jessops (as it a lot closer than park) and they match the price
Old 24 Oct 2003, 13:42 (Ref:761927)   #9
G_Ilott
Racer

United Kingdom
Dorset, UK
G_Ilott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's the cheapest you're looking for, can't help really, but if you're looking for good service, I've bought a body and three lenses from Ffordes.com in Scotland over a period of about 2 years and I can't fault them. Next day service all the way from Scotland right down here to Dorset, and I'd ordered after 3pm. Another good place is Mifsuds.com in Brixham Devon, where I bought my 300 2.8. Personal and friendly.

I use Warehouse Express quite a lot as they are reliable and cheap and have fast delivery.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 15:29 (Ref:762005)   #10
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
especially with high-demand cameras like the 10D, there doesn't seem to be a huge discount available online so I think you're better off getting it at a store. If places like Jessops happen to match prices, then all the better!
Old 24 Oct 2003, 17:22 (Ref:762091)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Guess it depends if you are happy buying on-line/mail order or prefer the personal touch of going to a shop. I wouldn't particularly recomend Jessops but as gi_gav says they will match internet prices.

I went to Warehouse Express for mine. Not sure if they were necessarily the cheapest, at most there was only a few pounds in it but they did do a good finance deal - 10% down and the balance interest free 9 months later.
Old 25 Oct 2003, 13:05 (Ref:762657)   #12
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i know its getting off the point a little, but i'd be keen to hear peoples' views of high street stores like Jessops.

I worked for them over the summer and really got to enjoy it. I'd also rate some of the staff very highly indeed. Trouble is, there seems to be a huge inconsistency across the country as regards the quality of service in Jessops stores.
I'm toying with the idea of a working Saturdays in Jessops at my new location (south of the border doing my Masters) but i've already got the impression that the store manager doesn't know much... Like the fact that Velvia 100 exists for instance.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 15:16 (Ref:767032)   #13
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
In my view Jessops is good if you need something in a hurry or for pricematching. It's probably best if you know what you want already.

I've just ordered my Canon 300d DSLR. I took the risk and ordered it and 2 extra lenses from B+H in New York. Even if I get charged the VAT it'll still be more than £200 cheaper than here. And should I avoid the tax I'll get it £350 cheaper! Fair enough, if it goes wrong I'll have to send it to the US but the savings will cover a fair bit of postage and I haven't had to send a camera back yet.

I'm getting the 300D kit (with the 18-55 lens, the 50mm prime and a lovely 28-135 with image stabilisation for £915 or £1064 inc postage I can hardly wait. I'll let you know how I get on.