Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 30 Jan 2004, 15:28 (Ref:856498)   #1
Brandy_snap
Racer

Brandy_snap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gt3

Sorry if this question is really obvious (i'm new to GT3 ) but how do you get bonus cars? Thanks!

Alonso for 2004 WDC! - perhaps not
Old 30 Jan 2004, 15:48 (Ref:856522)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
By winning endurance races.
That way you can get hold of the good ones like a Toyota FTO with 4 wheel drive (i won the Monaco endurance race for the first time with that car) and then those F1 clones.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 19:17 (Ref:856793)   #3
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a: get all golds on license tests (i got all gold on all tests execpt S before i started racing so i used the panoz gtr and subie wrc proto for most of my first races)

b: win races. some races give out cars for indivual race wins

c: win championships. they all give out at least 1 car in one to 6+ colours.

d: you get a car when you complete 50%, 75%, and 100% of the game. iirc, arcade is part of the percentage though you only win cars/tracks for arcade there.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 21:06 (Ref:856888)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And here i was trying for ages to get that old Toyota Corolla Levin up to speed...
Thank god for that Mustang that liberated me from my pains...
Old 31 Jan 2004, 19:28 (Ref:857881)   #5
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a kind of general summary of what I did:

Bought and tuned up a Mazda MX-5, then raced it in Beginner races and in particularly winning repeatedly the GT World Championsip race at Super Speedway to get enough dosh for a...

Tommykaira ZZS. Which I used to win the Colosseom endurance race at Rome which won me the...

Pagani Zonda Race Car. A beast of a car which I used to win plenty of championships and races, and ultimately to win all the Endurance races, which won me the...

- Polyphony001. The creme-de-la-creme. Ignorant people who buy this game and think they can just jump straight into a Formula 1 car are to be disappointed, but when you do finally get there it sure is worth the effort This can be used to win almost all of the remaining races in the game

And while I'm at it, I guess this is the right place for a bit of blagging...

I've now won all championships in GT3!!!

Beginner, Amateur, Professional, Rally and Endurance. I've not won all the individual races, particularly bothered with Arcade mode, or got gold on all the licence tests, but I've certainly got plenty of cars and my completion level is up to 83%!!!

Last edited by crozier74; 31 Jan 2004 at 19:31.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 31 Jan 2004, 20:30 (Ref:857977)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

Damn, and i'm still stuck on 72...
Old 1 Feb 2004, 21:01 (Ref:859441)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got to about 95% complete, then moved onto Colin McRae 4.

A bit of advice to keep the game interesting.

Once you have won the various championships, go back and race them again with an equivalent car. It is much, much tougher and more satisfying when you win. None of this racing against Toyota Corollas with a Toyota GT-One

Oh, and keep the cars oil topped up, otherwise you lose power.

My personal favourite cars are as followes:-

Toyota GT-One
Ruf R-GT
Aston Martin Vanquish
Lotus Motor Sport Elise
Honda Civic Type-R
Skyline GT-R v-Spec II
Focus WRC
Panoz GTR-1

Last edited by JAG; 1 Feb 2004 at 21:05.
Old 1 Feb 2004, 22:09 (Ref:859514)   #8
Es Nes
Veteran

its impossible to change it in the middle of longer series
Old 2 Feb 2004, 09:25 (Ref:859850)   #9
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Once you have won the various championships, go back and race them again with an equivalent car. It is much, much tougher and more satisfying when you win. None of this racing against Toyota Corollas with a Toyota GT-One
Agreed!

My housemate usually picks something ridiculously quick, which makes it all seem a bit too easy!

I got to 99% a while back and got bored trying to work out where the 1% was. I now have much more fun trying to win races in cars that shouldn't really be quick enough. My favourite thing is to buy a new road car and enter it in the odd Polyphony series race for non-tuned cars and see where a given car will be. The really slow cars, like the superminis aren't worth bothering with, but almost anything else is worth a go. Even if you're not quick enough on the track, the AI's silly pit-stop strategy usually brings you into contention.

Last edited by krt917; 2 Feb 2004 at 09:25.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 09:45 (Ref:862380)   #10
Brandy_snap
Racer

Thanks guys i got my first car this sunday! After getting all golds in the Sunday championship thing (i think) its so rubbish i cant even remember what it is, but i won at the mid-field raceway on its first outing!

Old 5 Feb 2004, 07:40 (Ref:863671)   #11
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I puttered along in my little car, until as allways I bought myself the Viper and did some butt whoopin' until I unlocked the Camaro Race Car, and whooped some of that, then the following notables happened:
Got The Zonda
Got Zonda Race Car
Got Mazda Le Mans Prototype
Could Out Race AI Mazda Prototype on harder tyres
Some ******* stole console, forgot to claim memory cards on insurance, havn't played Gt3 for ages...(I occasionaly play and enjoy beating the Gtone in a Viper in Arcade mode..)
Old 5 Feb 2004, 14:42 (Ref:864102)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

Where did you get the Mazda LM Prototype??
Old 5 Feb 2004, 19:56 (Ref:864463)   #13
Es Nes
Veteran

the 787b? i got it from winning the "like the wind"
Old 6 Feb 2004, 16:01 (Ref:865554)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

Nonono, i already have the 787B.
I meant the Mazda Le Mans Prototype, that blue car.
Old 6 Feb 2004, 17:55 (Ref:865655)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I had 100% completion....until I sold my memory card with the data on!!!

I started again on Monday and it's amazing how long you spend trailing round in the Toyota Trueno before you win something that actually has a throttle pedal that works!
Old 6 Feb 2004, 19:08 (Ref:865712)   #16
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Got 97% now Only 3 race wins and the golds on the licence tests to go...
Old 6 Feb 2004, 19:15 (Ref:865716)   #17
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
FWIW, those 3 races are as follows:

Pro - Vitz/Yaris - SS Route 11
My pace just generally sucks in this series, but is particularly bad at this track. I've tried everyting when it comes to tuning the car, but the speed just isn't there.

Pro - Formula GT - Laguna Seca
Tyres are ripped to shreds much earlier than the rest of the drivers, and I can't just simply buy a harder compound as their not available to purchase on the Polyphonies.

Pro - Formula GT - Apricot Hill
Same problem as Laguna Seca.

Anyone able to help me out with these problems?

Last edited by crozier74; 6 Feb 2004 at 19:20.
Old 6 Feb 2004, 22:16 (Ref:865845)   #18
Es Nes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
Nonono, i already have the 787B.
I meant the Mazda Le Mans Prototype, that blue car.
the rx-7 lm?
Old 6 Feb 2004, 23:49 (Ref:865925)   #19
ASCII Man
Veteran

Or was it a Nissan? *ponders*
Old 7 Feb 2004, 00:03 (Ref:865940)   #20
Es Nes
Veteran

the r390?
Old 7 Feb 2004, 00:32 (Ref:865959)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

Oh yes, that's the one!
Anyone know where to get/win it?
Old 8 Feb 2004, 03:04 (Ref:866800)   #22
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm a HUGE fan of the TVR speed 12 what a car . I've completed all bar the last enduro
Old 8 Feb 2004, 06:50 (Ref:866840)   #23
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pro - Vitz/Yaris - SS Route 11
My pace just generally sucks in this series, but is particularly bad at this track. I've tried everyting when it comes to tuning the car, but the speed just isn't there.

well at this track, one of my faves in the Vitz is really a great momentum and driver track.
the setup has always been tight and firm, a stiffer rear roll bar than the front- and qualify on soft tyres, switch to medium/medium soft for the race
remember slower is faster, so on the tighter sections trail brake and zoom out fast as the turns are often sharper than they appear, i tend to late apex most of these as well, a key I find- and if you must cheat, which isn't fun in the Vitz because you do lose speed, the double hairpin turns passing the ferris wheel straight(i think its there) with the chicane those 2 sets of walls lead into another so you can zoom through with losing but 10 klicks...if you want to cheat...
the other two problems - i am not sure, feather the throttle and the brake, and short shift out of 1 and 2 to avoid too much wheel spin.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 15:43 (Ref:868338)   #24
Brandy_snap
Racer

What car did everyone start on? I've still got my new Beetle and fitted it with the turbo chip, the sports exhaust and so on its lovely! I never want to part with it!

Old 9 Feb 2004, 16:13 (Ref:868375)   #25
ASCII Man
Veteran

I started with the worst possible car, the Toyota Corolla Levin......

After a month, yes a month, I was very happy to finally get my hands on my second and more powerful car; a Ford Mustang SVT Cobra!!