Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 4 Apr 2003, 23:02 (Ref:558865)   #1
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moderators

As an ex-moderator I would like to point out (seeing as a certain thread has been closed) - it is a bloody hard job to do. They are entitled to their opinion too - why shouldn't they be!

If you've ever done the job then you'll know how much pressure you are under. Give them a break!
Old 4 Apr 2003, 23:10 (Ref:558872)   #2
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not a moderator and in a way hope i never have to have to job as i can comprehend how much work it must be, but i have to agree with u there Fran!
Old 5 Apr 2003, 00:12 (Ref:558921)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I fully agree that moderating is a difficult job, and I fully agree thatmoderators should be entitled to opinions like everyone else - otherwise they could not join in discussions. However, I do think that moderators should also follow the rules in their discussions, don't you?
Old 5 Apr 2003, 06:35 (Ref:559069)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I used to be a moderator but muy job got in the way. Now though I can put some of the more uninteresting or just plain daft posters on "ignore".
Old 5 Apr 2003, 08:13 (Ref:559102)   #5
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Well said, Francesca. As a moderator (we calls ourselves sysops) on the Compuserve Automobile forum (oops, is that advertising?) I know just how difficult the job can be.

I was disgusted at the thread slagging off one of the moderators; I'd have pulled that one right from the start!
Old 6 Apr 2003, 01:06 (Ref:559696)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Now though I can put some of the more uninteresting or just plain daft posters on "ignore".
That would be me then
Old 6 Apr 2003, 17:00 (Ref:560160)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
...Now though I can put some of the more ...just plain daft posters on "ignore".
So that explains why you never respond to my jibes!
Old 6 Apr 2003, 22:09 (Ref:560867)   #8
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not know what has happened to "I Am Tifosi" but I have not seen him posting recently, possibly I may have just missed his posts. However, if he has been banned I would like to state my objections. He only responded to a very inflammatory post by another. Surely another way of resolving the problem could have been taken.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 08:45 (Ref:561200)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
The issue of users being banned has already been debated fairly thoroughly
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=20623

However, if you are concerned, may I suggest you PM one of the administrators - they would be the obvious people to address any query you may have rather than posting to a forum.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 11:39 (Ref:561396)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Why not PM I Am Tifosi? Muggle, you can also PM me because I Am Tifosi sent me a PM about this.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 12:28 (Ref:561508)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Muggle, just to put your mind at rest "I Am Tifosi" has NOT been banned. As to why he hasn't posted recently, I can't help you there.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 12:32 (Ref:561512)   #12
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Redshoes....my appreciation for giving me the info.

Thanks to you also EP for letting me know the proper procedure.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 22:09 (Ref:564563)   #13
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
I had 2 posts deleted in the forum "RANT - Car Parking Charges". I sent a PM to one of the moderators but they told me that they had nothing to do with the deletion. How can I find out who deleted the post and WHY? It was in no way offensive.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 22:13 (Ref:564568)   #14
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I beleive Maisie has already said she will find out for you. There's a lot of mods here, whoever did it is probably off-line now. we'll let you know when we find out.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 22:24 (Ref:564579)   #15
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
redshoes.....if maisie had told me that she would find out I wouldnt have posted here asking the question. this is her statement to me "Nothing to do with me, sorry".
Old 9 Apr 2003, 22:34 (Ref:564588)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
muggle, why not celebrate the end of the war instead? In such fantastic occasions, parking charges sorta become minor problems. hehehehehe........just joking, Buddy.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 23:10 (Ref:564623)   #17
I am Tifosi
Rookie

I am Tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is one for muggle!
Old 10 Apr 2003, 00:02 (Ref:564654)   #18
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Maybe I should have posted my thread The war is OVER in Announcements and Feedeback. After all, it is one helluva announcement and that way, the posters who have not posted their 50 posts can also share in my joy. My mistake.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 00:58 (Ref:564688)   #19
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
VB - I do not understand your comments above.

I was under the distinct impression that you were in favour of the 50 post rule, so much infact, that you wanted it applied to the F1 forum? (with reference to the "forum changes" thread, in this A&F forum)

This A&F forum is here for information regarding this site. The Gravel Trap is for non-motorsport topics (such as the war) and the F1 forum is for F1.

Could you please clarify what your problem is?
Old 10 Apr 2003, 01:03 (Ref:564691)   #20
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Muggle - I sent you a PM some hours ago (whilst you were still online), and hope you will reply in due course.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 02:08 (Ref:564710)   #21
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. :(

Quote:
Originally posted by Diabando
VB - I do not understand your comments above.

I was under the distinct impression that you were in favour of the 50 post rule, so much infact, that you wanted it applied to the F1 forum? (with reference to the "forum changes" thread, in this A&F forum)

This A&F forum is here for information regarding this site. The Gravel Trap is for non-motorsport topics (such as the war) and the F1 forum is for F1.

Could you please clarify what your problem is?
No! I was never in favour of anyone having to post 50 posts elsewhere before posting in the Gravel Trap, and that is clearly indicated in my post in the thread discussing this in the announcements forum.

I have no problem at all regarding anything right now - I am over the moon about the latest developments in Iraq, and my post above is just my lighthearted way of bringing some happiness to the Announcements forum, because it was one helluva announcement that the war is over.

I am well aware that the Gravel Trap is for non-motorsport topics, such as the end of the war.

When I noticed on my TV the latest developments in Baghdad, I was also posting in the F1 forum, I saw many, many posters there, most of whom were friends of mine, and I decided to share the good news with them. If you look at the third post in my thread, I did beg the forgiveness of the mods for posting there, and explained that I just wanted to share the news with my many friends there in the F1 forum. I trust this explains things for all who wondered why I posted in the F1 forum in the first place.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 10 Apr 2003 at 02:09.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 18:42 (Ref:565399)   #22
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I made the decision to move your thread to the Gravel Trap, and that decision was based on our forum policy, which Diabando has already pointed out.

However, I appreciate your explanation for posting where you did, and I left a redirect arrow in the F1 forum when I moved the thread, so that it would be easy to find for those who otherwise may not have known where it had been moved.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 22:08 (Ref:565637)   #23
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
I know you did, R. And I thank you for this.