Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 17 Aug 2006, 18:21 (Ref:1685316)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP Round 12 Thread, Brno

The summer break is over and it's back to racing!

Brno may not be Rossi's favorite track, and Hayden says it's not his favorite either. Melandri or Capirossi maybe?

I suppose the robot ridding the #26 Honda will go well here.

I'm hoping Stoner will make a return to the Podium. Time for Edwards to make a late push. And how will the Suzuki riders fair against each other?

Caution, shameless national pride comment here: COME ON NICKY!

Last edited by jhansen; 17 Aug 2006 at 18:25.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1685390)   #2
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Your "national pride" isn't because you support Nicky, but because you think Edwards can do a "late push" ... or perhaps did you mean a "late crash"?

(This is the week of free beer, payed by Ten-Tenths)
Old 17 Aug 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1685445)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually, I said it's "time for Edwards to make a late push." As in save his season. Mind you, I don't think he'll get the job done in that regard.

Are we responsible for paying for the wine then?
Old 17 Aug 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1685528)   #4
nihil
Racer

nihil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a feeling that the M1 will struggle through this one - its a fantastic track, but a bit lumpy in places... the sort of surface that'll test whether Michelin and Yamaha are any nearer sorting out the chatter problems in qualifying. So that's Rossi starting down the grid again...

Capirossi ran well at Mugello, and Brno has those fast, sweeping bends, so I reckon he and the Ducati will be up there. The winner is anyone's guess though...
Old 17 Aug 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1685533)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Capirossi said that this track has been friendly to the Ducati-Bridgestone package in the past. So I'm expecting him to do well also. And if it is a Bridgestone friendly package, maybe we'll see Kawasaki and Suzuki right there as well. I wouldn't be disappointed if a non Ducati/Honda/Yamaha team won.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 22:40 (Ref:1685539)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Well, I just had a look at last year's Brno results. In qualifying we had three Bridgestone riders in the top 10, which included Capirossi on the front row. For the race, we had two Bridgestone riders in the Top 10, which included both Ducati riders. Capirossi finished second.

Rossi won on a track he doesn't like and Hayden started second slipping to fifth at the finish.

So after examining the results, I have come to no conclusions.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 23:24 (Ref:1685571)   #7
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Btw, Hoffman is on the second factory Ducati.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 23:42 (Ref:1685582)   #8
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Thanks for that. Hopefully he makes a better go of that opportunity.
Poor Sete is having a miserable season.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 05:36 (Ref:1685670)   #9
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, I think Ducati (i.e. Capirossi) can do well. The climb in the second part of the lap requires a good amount of HP to not be ridiculed by the others bikes.

(And yes, the wine is payed by us, unfortunately. Ten-Tenths don't make that amount of money)
Old 18 Aug 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1685818)   #10
nihil
Racer

Pedrosa, of course, has won here before on the 250, so maybe the final laps will be a battle between the old guard and the new... with Valentino slipping through the middle?
Old 18 Aug 2006, 14:54 (Ref:1686059)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
FP1 was headed by Nicky Hayden with a 1:59.387. He was followed by Rossi, Melandri, Roberts, Pedrosa and Stoner. Most of the contenders were in the top 10.

Rossi lead FP2 with a 1:57.871. The rest of the top 5 is all different with DePuniet taking a surprise second. Hayden did not manage to better his morning time and was down in 11th. Rossi's time on a soft tire perhaps?

Last edited by jhansen; 18 Aug 2006 at 14:57.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 15:00 (Ref:1686063)   #12
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

nihil:

Pedrosa, well seen. In this smooth and technical circuit perhaps he can shine again.

But in the battle of news and oldies, who are the oldies? Colin? Biaggi? In fact I give those two the same possibilities for a win

And of course that "boring" Rossi can slip through!
Old 18 Aug 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1686067)   #13
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

One of the interesting things this season is how far can Roberts and his bike go
Old 18 Aug 2006, 15:55 (Ref:1686098)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
A Roberts win would be sweet!
Old 18 Aug 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1686173)   #15
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Am I the only one here???

Rossi confirms that he ran a qualifying tire in FP2:

"We also tried a qualifying tyre today, in order to give us more of an idea about what we need to adjust tomorrow in the afternoon session in order to challenge for a place at the front of the grid. This is really why I am in first place but anyway the race setting is also good and I was second fastest in the morning practice too so we know we have the pace."

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Qu...6~id~135813.htm
Old 18 Aug 2006, 23:39 (Ref:1686374)   #16
nihil
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy

But in the battle of news and oldies, who are the oldies? Colin? Biaggi? In fact I give those two the same possibilities for a win
Lol... But I was thinking of Loris as the old boy. Granted he's younger than me, but since he's in his early thirties that makes him a veteran on the motogp grid!

Talking of whom, he was third fastest in free practice, on race tyres, not qualifiers, so he's showing well.

With the Kawasaki's looking quick, Pedrosa about halfway down the time sheet, and Chris Vermuelen a full four seconds off the fastest time, its an interesting mix. Guess things will fall into a more familiar order tomorrow, but it bodes well for another edge-of-the-seat race.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 07:19 (Ref:1686466)   #17
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Aaah, Capirossi! I forgot him as an old guard. I'd like to see him doing well in race

It's a pity Sete is completely out. I would like he doing well here as well.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 08:59 (Ref:1686502)   #18
nihil
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy

It's a pity Sete is completely out. I would like he doing well here as well.
Yeah, it must be frustrating to be Sete at the moment. And he deserves the chance to make good on last years misfortune at Brno.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 09:32 (Ref:1686528)   #19
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Am I the only one here???
not anymore

ducati seems to go well .. Yamaha too . with both bikes in top 5
for now .. . it's Rossi for the win

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Aug 2006, 11:29 (Ref:1686581)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have gotta say I was watching the qually on Friday and the Yam is still suffereing from horrendous chatter! Well Colins bike was anyway!

Did think Vale must have used a qually tyre as his time was over a second quicker for most of the session until the Bridgestone last 5 minutes came in at the end.

I think Yamaha have been very busy bees in the break put it that way!
Old 19 Aug 2006, 18:07 (Ref:1686687)   #21
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Well Rossi is looking very tough indeed. Yamaha do look the business.

The rest of the top 5 are very close.

Thought Predrosa would go better here.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 22:48 (Ref:1686827)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rossi looking unbstoppable all weekend really. Can't see him losing it tomorrow either, maybe Capirossi can pull a surprise on the Bridgey tyres though?

Rossi could be right back in this Sunday night.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 08:01 (Ref:1686985)   #23
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
125: Baustisa
250: Barbara
motogp: lois, dani
Old 20 Aug 2006, 09:17 (Ref:1687039)   #24
nihil
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asha
125: Baustisa
Sad to hear that Bradley Smith broke his arm.

I still reckon Pedrosa will make his presence felt in the race, but I was plainly wrong about the M1 struggling!
Old 20 Aug 2006, 09:20 (Ref:1687040)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pedrosa's gearing has apparently been wrong all weekend.

Surely this should be sorted even before they hit the track almost?

Still, I tend to agree he will be there or thereabouts come the end...shame Rossi will be halfway to the moon by then.