Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jul 2024, 09:53 (Ref:4217858)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
British Grand Prix 2024

There's quite a big British contingent on Ten Tenths. Anyone attending this weekend?

Norris has learned that appealing to the referee isn't the only way to beat Verstappen on track. You're going to have to actually position your car less clumsily to come out on top. I am not a fan of some of Verstappen's wheel-to-wheel, but I'm not sure he as out of order in Austria as some thought (at least not with all the moves). The second tag on Verstappen's car seemed one of frustration and bad car placement, but it's easy to criticise and I need to see it played back more.

Either way, it's set things up well for Silverstone. Norris seems to be acknowledging that he might need to get the elbows out against him, but also that Austria was very clumsy, so it's about how you do it.

Quote:
“But at same time, Max has a very different way of racing comparing to a lot of others, and that’s some of the reasons why he’s a champion. But, all in all, I’m excited to go again this weekend.”

Pushed on how Verstappen races differently, Norris spoke of enjoying their battle when he responded: “I think it’s clear, it’s not stuff I need to talk about. It’s tough, it’s on the limit. I think it’s what we love.

“A lot of adrenaline, a lot of emotions. I probably said some things I didn’t necessarily believe in, especially later on in the week. It’s tough, it was a pretty pathetic incident in terms of what ended both our races![/B] The middle paragraph suggests he did enjoy it, but he knew he was appealing to the referee a bit.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...WWZeMpClf30l7M
Old 5 Jul 2024, 14:38 (Ref:4217878)   #2
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good start by Lando Norris as he tops FP1.
Old 5 Jul 2024, 16:37 (Ref:4217889)   #3
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthrie View Post
Good start by Lando Norris as he tops FP1.
And FP2.
Old 5 Jul 2024, 17:39 (Ref:4217891)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looking forward to the British GP. With their current form, we could be in for another McLaren win. It would be great if Lando could mount a serious challenge to Super Max for the WDC.
Old 5 Jul 2024, 22:43 (Ref:4217919)   #5
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for the intro Born. And likewise BJ, looking forward to the British GP.

Yay, Silverstone!! An all-time favourite track.

Bring it.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 07:34 (Ref:4217935)   #6
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Imagine paying all that dough and waking up in a muddy field!!
Old 6 Jul 2024, 09:50 (Ref:4217948)   #7
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Reports from friends who are there in various guises: wetter than an otter's pocket.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 11:49 (Ref:4217954)   #8
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Reports from friends who are there in various guises: wetter than an otter's pocket.
Doesnt look warm at all.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 12:26 (Ref:4217956)   #9
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Doesnt look warm at all.
It isn't! People are wearing what they'd normally wear in April or October. I know there's a running joke about Silverstone having it's own microclimate but 16C in July is just daft.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 12:51 (Ref:4217960)   #10
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
It isn't! People are wearing what they'd normally wear in April or October. I know there's a running joke about Silverstone having it's own microclimate but 16C in July is just daft.

That's quite balmy; up here it's just scraping 14 degrees, but with the keen wind it feels like about 10.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 14:07 (Ref:4217968)   #11
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
And they're off for Q1.

Currently not raining, bright and sunny but very threatening clouds around. Wind is drying the track quite quickly from the west.

Sainz just had quite the run wide.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 14:08 (Ref:4217969)   #12
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bottas goes for slicks.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 14:12 (Ref:4217970)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perez goes off, after changing to slicks, beaching the car and bringing out the red flag.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 14:26 (Ref:4217972)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Verstappen almost emulating Perez, with an off track excursion.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 14:38 (Ref:4217973)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Question about the spotters that Zak was just talking about…would teams have their equipment (like drones) deployed around the track?
Old 6 Jul 2024, 15:16 (Ref:4217977)   #16
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Question about the spotters that Zak was just talking about…would teams have their equipment (like drones) deployed around the track?

I thought that the FIA had banned weather spotters a few years ago, and that all the teams had use one specified forecast provider.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 15:27 (Ref:4217978)   #17
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent qualifying. British 1 2 3. Hope the race is similar. Lando to win?
Old 6 Jul 2024, 15:38 (Ref:4217980)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Second pole of the season for George Russell and the third in his career, so far.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 16:44 (Ref:4217986)   #19
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The "average at best, mistake prone" George Russell, has another pole.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 17:30 (Ref:4217995)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanozDP01 View Post

I thought "average at best, mistake prone" George Russell, made everyone else look rather average and in changeable track conditions.

Leclerc, couldn't get it together and Sainz was off the boil. Super Max went off and damaged the floor of his car. Both McLaren drivers seemed to drop off in Q3 and when it looked like Lewis was going to get pole, Russell pulled it out of the bag.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 18:57 (Ref:4218008)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
George Russell is more than average, despite his occasional mistake. I think today proved that. Leclerc was unlucky, but Ferrari aren't looking good at this event.

How much damage really did hold Max back? I'd like to think it would have been a tough job even without it. Anyway Merc back on top, should be an interesting race to the first corner tomorrow
Old 6 Jul 2024, 19:31 (Ref:4218011)   #22
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
George Russell is more than average, despite his occasional mistake. I think today proved that. Leclerc was unlucky, but Ferrari aren't looking good at this event.

How much damage really did hold Max back? I'd like to think it would have been a tough job even without it. Anyway Merc back on top, should be an interesting race to the first corner tomorrow
According to RB Vestappens car floor has 100 points of damage. They can change the floor before the race without incurring any penalties.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 19:46 (Ref:4218013)   #23
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanozDP01 View Post
I’m sure he did a great job in qually, although I didn’t see it.

Though to be fair his “questionable” reputation has always been for racing. Hence the nickname.
Old 7 Jul 2024, 02:23 (Ref:4218031)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I thought that the FIA had banned weather spotters a few years ago, and that all the teams had use one specified forecast provider.
Banned because teams were getting silly with it all?

From a trackside operations point of view I’m kind of curious.
Old 7 Jul 2024, 06:15 (Ref:4218035)   #25
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really difficult thing to ban that. TP's wife happens to be in their hotel a mile or so upwind and rings in. "Hope you took your coat, darling, it's pouring down here."

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk