Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Sep 2000, 00:43 (Ref:39062)   #1
gp19
Rookie

gp19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yesterday I saw JV run like his old man, what was important was the podium, and when he drives like that he make mistakes that JV in normal mood would t do like the passing of Frentzen he knew that he couldn’t do it but he did ,and missed, I think if he would have been patient he would have pass him in the next 2 laps. Like the old saying goes (like father, like son) he even said today that he know that (("Today was a lot of fun and we were really quick in the race, but it's frustrating to get so close to a podium. I made a couple of mistakes, but it probably wouldn't have made a difference in the end. I wasn't really close enough to pass Frentzen but I just decided there were no sand trap and no tyre wall, so I'd take a chance. I lost track of where the corner was and as soon as I touched the brakes I knew I was not going to be able to stop. We were a lot closer to the pace of the McLaren today and the car was much better than in qualifying.")) Next time JV leave your genes at home please!!!!!

Tell me what you think?????

Have a sssssuper week GP19
JV like father like son
Old 25 Sep 2000, 03:19 (Ref:39080)   #2
Hyacinth
Rookie

Hyacinth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Tell me what you think?????"

I think Gilles would have LOVED it!!!!

Great drive, JV!

Old 25 Sep 2000, 08:58 (Ref:39110)   #3
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I for one have started to like Jaques again, now that he has stopped his whinging. But I thought it was a poor performance by him at Indy. First of all he spun at a crucial moment to let Rubino past, and his move on Frentzen had amateur written all over it. Had he not gone for that move he could have spent the last four laps trying to get into a better position to pass Frentzen instead of trying to make up lost ground. This however is not unusual for Jaques. I remember in Canada 98, he seered down the straight to take the lead for about 0.1 of a second until going straight into the gravel trap at turn 1. I admit his moves look spectacular for a split second but as they always say "Slow in fast out, Fast in not out".
Old 25 Sep 2000, 12:43 (Ref:39154)   #4
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will tell you what I think. I think JV finally raced like on the old days. And that BAR was great, the team really worked for a podium, but he just got toambicious, but thats racing folks, I wish all the luck to Jaques in suzuka.
Old 25 Sep 2000, 13:33 (Ref:39164)   #5
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, JV didn't get it done . . . but his balls to the wall attempt certainly made the end of the race more exciting.

I think Gilles would have been smiling.
Old 25 Sep 2000, 16:43 (Ref:39185)   #6
gp19
Rookie

with the HART

I think Gilles would have LOVED it!!!! I think your right thats my point but I love to see him drive like his dad,more with the HART less with the brain. But look were dad finished!!!!!!
Old 25 Sep 2000, 18:48 (Ref:39202)   #7
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While I can't help cheering on Jordan after being present for the entirety of the EJ10 celebrations, I really was supporting JV all the way in that one. There was even a slight possibility of second were it not for that bried spin.

Surely, but surely, JV's and BAR's first podium - win? - can't be far away at all now. Bring on the (second) greatest driver's track of them all: Suzuka!!
Old 25 Sep 2000, 20:10 (Ref:39232)   #8
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, yes, I'm really looking forward to Suzuka. Should be a great race there as well, just as Indy was great.

I have to agree with neutral, Jacques made a couple of crucial mistakes, and it definitely cost him the podium. First podium in the BAR isn't far away now, however. That package just keeps on improving.

GO JACQUES!!!
Old 25 Sep 2000, 23:25 (Ref:39301)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I don't think he drove like his father ... Gilles would have got it done ... and you remember that Gilles never cared if he won a race, he just wanted to lead as many laps as he could, even if it was only six!

Which is not to say that Jacques' drive was a poor one - it was great fun to watch and I almost wish he could have got on the podium save that I am a Frenzy fan and was relieved that Jordan finally had some luck.

But I think Gilles would have been proud of Jacques in any case. How could he not?
Old 26 Sep 2000, 12:31 (Ref:39384)   #10
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree that Jilles would be proud of Jaques. The boy has grown up for real fighting. He has learned to drive and to cope with his car. Maybe I take a risk to run into your discontent, but I don't think much of his driving for Williams. He hasn't matured for WDC in 1997, he ruined a half of his starts and won because of trouble of other pilots. Fortunatelly for JV, Ferrary in 1997 had a weak car.

But today he drives like real WDC. He makes mistakes but TFG and MH make them too. JV earns new podiums and wins now.
Old 28 Sep 2000, 15:56 (Ref:39831)   #11
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well Jacques was close to making that move succeed wasn't he? He just braked one meter too late.
Well of course he could have done better but for us mortals one meter too late at 310 kmh is pressing the pedal 0.01 s too late.

Most stupid thing he did that race was when he went off at that move and kept ploughing through the grass instead off returning to the way faster tarmac at once. He lost the most there I guess.
Old 3 Oct 2000, 12:54 (Ref:40784)   #12
Viceroy
Rookie

European Union
Vienna, Austria
Viceroy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
test
Old 3 Oct 2000, 12:59 (Ref:40786)   #13
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I say that's enigmatic! Welcome to the forum Viceroy
Old 4 Oct 2000, 11:24 (Ref:40961)   #14
gp19
Rookie

Viceroy: that a very nice test hope you liked it, Welcome Welcome nice test