Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 1 Sep 2005, 15:38 (Ref:1396497)   #1
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rFactor Released

Get it now - download links @ rfactor.net

Lime Rock has been released already as an add on!

Old 1 Sep 2005, 16:27 (Ref:1396522)   #2
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there any websites with screens, info, that sort of stuf?
Old 1 Sep 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1396557)   #3
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RSCnet has a dedicated rF forum, the official website has the rest of the info
Old 1 Sep 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1396673)   #4
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is it download only? as theres no way im going to download a complete game on dial-up >(
Old 1 Sep 2005, 21:48 (Ref:1396818)   #5
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I tried the website for this, i found that for information for someone who knows nothing about the project, it's absolutely useless - and since I can't currently access RSC thanks to a problem with my browser, can anyone give a run down of what it's all about? I do hear a lot of people are not releasing things for GTR because they're saving efforts for rFactor instead...
Old 1 Sep 2005, 22:38 (Ref:1396861)   #6
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rFactor, is either a further update to the engine used in f1c or a completely new engine. im not sure which tbh as what the mod groups are really interested in is the fact thats being made to be moded. isi is going as far as releasing tools for the mod groups as well. there are some rumours floating around that these are the same tools isi used to make/tweak offical cars and tracks.
Old 2 Sep 2005, 00:41 (Ref:1396911)   #7
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a completely new game engine; it's not the engine that powered F1C and GTR. The graphics side has had a reworking, too, with dynamic lighting changes - a proper 24-hour race with full day-to-night transitions is now possible - dynamic shadows, better reflections and so forth. The one thing that is yet to make it into the game is wet-weather, but that is expected to be rectified in a future patch.
Old 2 Sep 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1397398)   #8
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
..and an F3 Euroseries mod isn't far off either
Old 2 Sep 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1397453)   #9
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Before i even could try it i am annoyed the first time. thanks to paypal (3-5 days because of account renewal for which odd reason ever)and german banks starting into early weekend on fridays. I have no credit cards either but could easily and instantly have paid using iban/bic/swift codes if it would be supported. This lack of payment methods really annoys me.

the transaction is supposed to take place on tuesday/wednesday next week so the code might not arrive until end of next week.

For addons like 24h support or wet weather. such things do exist since old SCGT days
Old 2 Sep 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1397470)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has anyone a list of the mods set for release?
Old 2 Sep 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1397472)   #11
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So what do you do, then? download a game engine and the games are released around it? or is there a program to download and then you download mods like you would for, say GTR or F1C? OK it's a game engine, but you can't "run" a game engine without there being a game in the first place, so what do we actually pay for and download?
Old 2 Sep 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1397483)   #12
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AFAIK . there is a game . and it's a "normal" game . but the main thing with rFactor is it's moddabillity

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Sep 2005, 10:00 (Ref:1397808)   #13
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Essentially rFactor is a shell for modders to use. Right now I'm hearing its not really worth the money as a basic game, so I'm holding off getting it.

We'll see if the mods for it give it any life in future.

A quick question though for anyone who has gone ahead and got it; what are the minimum requirements system wise? Right now I'm on a 2.8 gig, 512mb RAM lap top with ATi Mobility graphics card which will run GPL well at fairly mediocre graphics levels (it seems to be the graphics card which holds the whole thing up). GP4 ran OK when I had it installed. The frame rate on the GTR demo made it utterly undrivable. Am I going to experience similar problems with this or do you reckon it'll run OK?
Old 3 Sep 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1398059)   #14
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
My performance with GTR and rFactor appears to be about the same, running in DX8 mode - try the demo and run it in DX7 mode, best performance - but doesn't look to pretty.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1401425)   #15
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, rFactor is very pretty on the graphics and if GTR struggled, so will rFactor. The game is very much a shell with only 2 "championships" to race with and about 5-6 tracks with different configs. Admittedly it is very steep for what you get to start with, but the mods (which as far as i know will all be free) should more than make up for it. I already have the F3 mod and it's stunningly good to drive with 30+ other cars online. Online is where this game excels, with better net code give approx 1.5 times the number of cars as GTR could manage on the same line.

The mods work exactly the same way as GTR does - download and unzip them in to the right directory and away you go!
Old 7 Sep 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1401569)   #16
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How does the online racing compare with Live For Speed?

I'm planning to buy rFactor at some point but out of the box it doesn't represent huge value at the moment. Once a good endurance racing mod comes out to take advantage of the day/night cycle in game I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 07:22 (Ref:1406372)   #17
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've done a lot online races using rFactor mutiplayer demo - absolutely great, no lags, no warps or anything. Unfortunately, I have problems with full version - my graphic card is prehistoric and I need uprage However, I've read on simracing forums, that online is still fantastic - but they've limited maximum number of racers from 32 to 20.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1409587)   #18
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the best game outside of NR2003, imo.

Graphics are great. Online play is great. Sound is great (love the F1 cars). Cars handle brilliantly.

This is the game GTR should have been. SO glad I don't play that crap anymore.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 22:38 (Ref:1409633)   #19
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got it, but without mods, in my opinion, it's crap.

*starts up GTR*
Old 17 Sep 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1409885)   #20
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got it last weekend. But it just dosent feel finished. Started playing the touring cars bit but i dont like the fact there no clear classes just levels of upgrades. If there is supposed to be a carreer or progession to it why give you 3 cars to start with. Do you get more cars to play with further down the road? Whats the point of racing against cars that are far more powerful then you, talk about demoralising. A manual would have helped to explain everything.

On the other hand I'm finding the single seaters alot better with only one car and little upgrades i'm a bit more positive. Not sure about the AI, i need to wait till i'm upto speed against them, and learnt the circuits.

I think GTR is a more complete package. Most people seem to think its so good just with the MP.
Old 17 Sep 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1409937)   #21
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
try the mods .
and play online

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Sep 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1410802)   #22
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What mods?

F3.............
Old 18 Sep 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1410805)   #23
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
there will be more . i'm sure of that ... better than nothing

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Sep 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1410888)   #24
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are 2 more mods coming.

F1 2005

GP2 2005
Old 19 Sep 2005, 06:58 (Ref:1411076)   #25
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The single player is crap, but who wants to play against AI anyway? How many of you do that on GTR? rFactor is really only a shell of a game, with all the fun to come from the excellent modding community out there. Currently there is one car mod (F3) and 2 tracks (Limerock and Birmingham) but there is lots in the pipeline. I still play GTR - i won't give up on that - but the online code for rF is so much better it tends to lead to less frustration.