Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 2 Mar 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1534758)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World Of Outlaws Sprint Cars 2002

This is a great game! Its like NASCAR but on Clay and Dirt, it gets messy when you get it wrong and its great when you get it right! it visits tracks like Charlotte and Las Vegas and Bristol (Bristol gets covered in clay once every year) it was made by Ratbag and its probably the most realistic Sprint Car game out. It has a great Career mode, you could enter a World Series race as your first race if you liked! Anybody played it?
Old 2 Mar 2006, 20:06 (Ref:1534878)   #2
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Carreer mode you have to pay for your damage and when you'r racing mud gets onto your visor so to get a clear veiw you have to Tear-Off.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 20:53 (Ref:1534913)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its not bad but very very very samey, you will soon get bored of racing on the same tracks believe me!!

THey also do a dirt late models version which is pretty good but again driving round the3 tracks in standard cars loses its appeal, the late models takre ages to get to!
Old 3 Mar 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1535193)   #4
Schrodes
Rookie

Australia
Sydney ish
Schrodes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't played it for a while but I think it's a great game. I never got sick of the tracks. If you only do the WoO races I think you only visit each track twice.
Old 3 Mar 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1535661)   #5
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had good fun with this one for awhile on the 'ol PS2... but it did get old after awhile, for sure.

My main beef was this: you don't have enough money at the start to have good equpiment to run competitively in WoO, you have to run the smaller series... which isn't in itself necessarily bad, but the fact of the matter is that the WoO cars behave the same, they are just faster than the beginning equipment. That means you end up toiling and toiling in slow equipment, and when you can finally buy something worth taking to a WoO race, it's on the same tracks against more or less the same AI with cars that more or less behave exactly the same, just faster...

Anyway, I love WoO, I have gone to one of the races at Eldora every year for the past half decade...
Old 4 Mar 2006, 20:42 (Ref:1536311)   #6
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its strange but i never got bored of this game at all. i didn't do career,mainly 2 players and stuff and its allways fun
Old 5 Mar 2006, 00:48 (Ref:1536413)   #7
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It has to be one of the best racing games ever.

I got up to the WoO series but I cba finishing it because I was in a gulf between flogging the series below and finishing 10th in the Outlaws.

Had some brilliant races aswell. I liked it how the AI sometimes got it wrong. Like this race in bristol where the lead AI got away from me and I was hunting him down, but not by much and the AI binned it into the wall and probably caused a huge pileup. On the restart I managed to slipstream (I'm not sure though if you actually can, it felt like it though ) the leader down the back straight and dived up the inside.

Oh, and thoose great races @ Lowe's where it was a battle to see who could get through the traffic the best! Brilliant!

We had the Speedway PAck in Aus which has Outlaws, DTR2 and Leadfoot (Oh, and "Pinball") all for like $30au. Great vallue.