Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:04 (Ref:1390978)   #1
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi to Ferrari in 2007?

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15460.html

so what do we think about this then ?
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1390981)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My instinct is not to believe it.

Look at it this way - Kimi is close to being the best and most in demand driver on the grid.

There's no need for him to decide on his 2007 future this early.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1390991)   #3
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If it is true, it's surprising. But I've been surprised before.

Is it unrelated to Norbert Haug's conversations with Michael Schumacher? Maybe there's something in all of that after all.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1390996)   #4
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think that a TGF, Kimi switch for 2006 might even be in the cards.

It would be cool to see how fast TGF would be in relation to Montoya.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:34 (Ref:1391002)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lets remember that Bild was the newspaper who last year broke the "exlusive story" that Ralf Schumacher would drive for Renault in 2005.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1391004)   #6
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well, I dont believe it, yet. I can't understand why Kimi would want to leave McLlaren who I believe have built the best car this year but haven't had the reliability of Renault. I think next years McLaren will be as just as quick as this years one, and I can't see the motive to go to Ferrari, at the moment, McLaren are obviously quicker than Ferrari but I see McLaren as the only team to turn Kimi into a champion.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1391010)   #7
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Publicity stunt?

or is it one of those "if we are right, we will be remembered as the ones who first broke the story" as its easier to be wrong than right. And anyone can throw a cat amongst the pigeons to generate enough talk.

its a bit like if 1000 foolish people believe the same thing, does it make it right??
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1391011)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I could imagine circumstances which might tempt Raikkonen to Ferrari from McLaren. The lure of simply being a Ferrari driver aside, the Scuderia is more likely than McLaren to offer megabucks to secure Raikkonen's services, and might conceivably offer Schumacher-style 'number one status' which McLaren probably wouldn't. Just speculation, of course, but it isn't utterly unthinkable.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1391024)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suppose both Kimi and Ferrari are thinking that he is likely to win the title next year, therefore taking the number 1 across as well as being able to withstnad a slightly poor run. With Adrian Newey possibly gone for 2007, McLaren may be less competitve than Ferrari, and Kimi may crave status and prestige more than some drivers.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1391043)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
There's no need for him to decide on his 2007 future this early.
i think that depends on how large of a contract is sitting on the table. sure he could command more money if he has a championship under his belt. but if ferrari are promising to pay a signing bonus or garuntee part of the contract even if the driver cant drive who knows. maybe hes just a bird in the hand kind of guy!
Old 25 Aug 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1391059)   #11
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may have something to do with it....

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15445.html
Old 25 Aug 2005, 15:23 (Ref:1391076)   #12
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
The two could be linked. Or both could be wrong, of course. I confess that I find the idea of Schumacher in a McLaren-Mercedes-Benz in 2007 an intriguing one.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 15:28 (Ref:1391078)   #13
CobraSVT
Rookie

CobraSVT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Shumacher will retire once his contract is up?
Old 25 Aug 2005, 15:34 (Ref:1391085)   #14
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe this thread should be merged with "Schuey to McLaren?"
Old 25 Aug 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1391086)   #15
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
...With Adrian Newey possibly gone for 2007, ....
Gone where?
Just to spice it up we could start hinting that he could go to Ferrari too, replacing Byrne's replacers...
Old 25 Aug 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1391123)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Ferrari, Ron Dennis and Kimi Raikkonen have all now denied the story categorically
Old 25 Aug 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1391127)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That doesn't really mean anything does it though?

I don't know......it's quite possible Kimi could move. Let's see what happens.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 16:17 (Ref:1391131)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

The wording of Kimi's denial is far more thorough than the wording of a "I am going but I can't say anything" type statement though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi Raikkonen

I don't think there is any doubt that we have the fastest package on winning races, I'm still challenging for the world championship, the team is fantastic and I have a great relationship with everybody here so why would I want to consider changing?

Surely I am in a position that most drivers in Formula One want to be in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dennis

We anticipate long-term relationships with both Kimi, who is in his fourth season with us, and Juan Pablo.

Consequently the team is not in discussion with any other driver, including Michael Schumacher about a possible team McLaren-Mercedes race seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari spokesman

We already have two drivers under contract for the 2006 season.

It is too soon to start talking about the 2007 season. We have not made any commitments with anybody for 2007.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1391181)   #19
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb
Gone where?
Just to spice it up we could start hinting that he could go to Ferrari too, replacing Byrne's replacers...
Newey is widely believed to want a change of scene when he leaves McLaren. An Americas Cup yacht programme has been mentioned.
Old 28 Aug 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1393264)   #20
Red2
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
Red2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Newey is widely believed to want a change of scene when he leaves McLaren. An Americas Cup yacht programme has been mentioned.
yeah - applying his stuff to boats should be good.

Back to kimi though - why would he leave macca? Once they get the reliability back (which they will) they will be the team to beat as they were in the Hakkinen era.
Ferrari will be back to the Jean Alesi days before too long. Schumi will retire and become sporting director at the end of next year.
Old 28 Aug 2005, 23:45 (Ref:1393349)   #21
mclaren_fanatic
Rookie

mclaren_fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Schuey wants to leave Ferrari because he doesn't want to race in the "lesser" series, why would kimi then want too??
Old 29 Aug 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1393672)   #22
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Look at it this way - Kimi is close to being the best and most in demand driver on the grid.
This is by far the best argument why these things look not very reliable.
Old 29 Aug 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1393855)   #23
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2
Once they get the reliability back (which they will) they will be the team to beat as they were in the Hakkinen era.
The "Hakkinen era" which lasted barely two seasons? McLaren dominated 1998 but in 1999 almost lost the drivers' title to the Ferrari no 2, and did lose the constructors' championship to Ferrari. Bear in mind that McLaren has only won one constructors' title since 1991.
Old 29 Aug 2005, 19:40 (Ref:1393929)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not so much an era as a flutter really.
Old 29 Aug 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1393933)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

Now, now, don't diss Mika!