Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Apr 2004, 15:37 (Ref:957059)   #1
MADDOG-99
Rookie

MADDOG-99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari / New Car / Spain

Michael Schumacher is confident Ferrari will have an updated version of the F2004 for next weekend's Spanish GP at Barcelona.

Having won the first four races of the season, Ferrari's rivals will be concerned, especially as Schumacher reckons the latest development will improve their performance at the Circuit de Catalunya.

"We hope to manage to go to Spain with an updated version of our car, in order to have a better performance compared to the tests carried out before Easter," Schumacher told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We need to prepare well for Barcelona, because that race appears to be the hardest of the beginning of the season."

Schumacher added that Ferrari are conscious of rivals BAR and that he is expecting Jenson Button to push him all the way at Barca.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they are (so strong) in Spain too," Schumacher said. "He'll certainly be one to look out for, that's why I'd be very happy to let him have the pole position, and then win the race."
bulmersfulltime.ie from setanta
Old 30 Apr 2004, 15:46 (Ref:957068)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that is a new source on be: http://www.bulmersfulltime.ie/news_d...asp?id=2304947

An updated car? Well Spain is a good place to introduce siginifacant revisions. It's near home and a track that they all know well.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 16:54 (Ref:957111)   #3
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That white car is getting closer and closer...
Old 30 Apr 2004, 16:55 (Ref:957113)   #4
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Great, just what's needed, a better Ferrari.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 20:48 (Ref:957314)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes OMG... only 2 Ferrari 1-2's out of a possible 4.. what a failure, they needed that new car badly!!
Old 30 Apr 2004, 21:59 (Ref:957369)   #6
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A new Ferrari - a new Europe.

Last edited by Pitstop; 30 Apr 2004 at 22:04.
Old 1 May 2004, 00:08 (Ref:957470)   #7
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crapola! BAR Honda has their work cut out for them and the other OI!
will MacLaren scrap their car and use last years?
what about Williams and thier need for a more consistent drive from BOTH cars?
a new ferrari? I suppose they want a 1-2 start and finish
Old 1 May 2004, 00:13 (Ref:957474)   #8
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The other teams must be looking forward to Spain so much, Ferrari must want Schumacher to lap the entire field.
Old 1 May 2004, 02:07 (Ref:957532)   #9
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait to see it!

Danica Patrick
Old 1 May 2004, 09:48 (Ref:957701)   #10
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 300kph
That white car is getting closer and closer...
You mean the white flag...
Old 3 May 2004, 12:53 (Ref:959333)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
These revisions won't be that big a step forward surely? UPDATED generally means a slightly revised bodywork package or suspension geometry or something like that. Not a new car as such! Stop paniccing!
Old 3 May 2004, 12:57 (Ref:959340)   #12
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quite right Knowlesy. A few revisions. It wouldn't surprise me if some o fhte other teams have a few revisions too - with all the testing mileage they have more data on Barcelona than just about anywhere else - makes it an ideal place to upgrade with a certain amount of confidence.