Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 21 Apr 2008, 05:19 (Ref:2182538)   #1
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Book: "Inside IMSA's legendary GTP race cars"

I have received my book on saturday have had a look over the weekend. I must say a very amazing piece of work from J. Martin and Michael Fuller.
The technical overview of the most significant GTP-cars is ecellent. Many technical pics ( suspension, undertray, engine bay etc), cutaway drawings and pics from wind tunnel models many never seen before make this book together with the text to one of the best motorsport books if have ever seen.
Thanks a lot for this , Mike.
I think this was only the beginning from your writers career.
Every technical interested sportscar fan must have it.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 00:42 (Ref:2183529)   #2
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Oh, yooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeee, order going in now!!!!!

robert
Old 22 Apr 2008, 10:07 (Ref:2183769)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
How much is it folks ? Sounds like a brilliant book . Is there much coverage of the Porsche 962 in the pages ?
Old 22 Apr 2008, 10:19 (Ref:2183781)   #4
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
How much is it folks ? Sounds like a brilliant book . Is there much coverage of the Porsche 962 in the pages ?
22 pages of Porsche. £23/$32 from Amazon .co.uk/com
Old 23 Apr 2008, 04:53 (Ref:2184569)   #5
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ooh dear! - look at the date of the photo on the excerpt....John Paul Jnr, Danny Ongais, Lola-Chevrolets, Lime Rock, 1992...

Doesn't bode well.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 09:13 (Ref:2184670)   #6
hadlou
Rookie

France
Paris
hadlou should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this book seems to be great Any word about specifications of theses cars? Hp weight?
Old 23 Apr 2008, 10:29 (Ref:2184727)   #7
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
this book seems to be great Any word about specifications of theses cars? Hp weight?

This book is great. It has appendix with technical data sheets of all cars in books. Dimensions, Engine, Suspension, weight and so on.
There is all you need
Old 24 Apr 2008, 00:34 (Ref:2185390)   #8
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat
ooh dear! - look at the date of the photo on the excerpt....John Paul Jnr, Danny Ongais, Lola-Chevrolets, Lime Rock, 1992...

Doesn't bode well.
Well, as horribly embarrasing that is, I certainly wouldn't let it detur you from getting the book. And if I'm honest, there are a few more. Too many for my taste and it is reflective of the rushed nature of the book (from zero to completed text in 6 months), I'd be happy if we hung the editor as I wasn't too impressed. But it is what it is and for now I'm hoping the first printing sells out so I can fix the errors in the second printing. The printed page is nothing like the web. At least on the website if I see a goof I can correct it!

Thanks for all the kind words. I've gotten quite a few emails this week with similar comments.
Old 4 May 2008, 17:27 (Ref:2193875)   #9
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Hey Mike, enjoyed the book very much and learned quite a lot from it too.
Old 4 May 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2193952)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I guess I'll wait for the second printing, then, .

One for the list, though, by the looks of things.