Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 20 Jul 2010, 15:14 (Ref:2729649)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP, Round 9 - Laguna Seca

Best race weekend of the year is upon us!

Ok, so I'm a bit biased.

We have no Moto 2 or 125 this weekend, so we can focus on the premier class. This race will put us at the half-way mark for the season. Jorge Lorenzo is on top of the championship with 185 points and five race wins. Dani Pedrosa is 47 points back in second with two race wins. Andrea Dovisioso is third at 102 points with four rostrom finishes. The Ducati pair of Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden are fourth and fifth respectively with 83 points and 78 points. That leaves us with Valentino Rossi in sixth at 74 points and one race win.

Certainly Lorenzo is still the man. But all six of these guys can be competitive at Laguna. The only one without a win there is Dovi and Lorenzo, but both have faired well there. I think you can also throw in Ben Spies for a possible top 5 as well.

On the replacement rider front, we have Roger Lee Hayden filling in for Randy de Puniet. I have not heard if Aleix Espargaro will be riding this weekend, or if there will be a replacement rider, or if Pramac will run just one bike.

My weather forcast this morning says pretty cool temperatures with chances of morning fog. Hopefully we can have a repeat of 2008. I'd even settle for another Sachsenring like race.
Attached Thumbnails
laguna-seca.jpg  

Last edited by jhansen; 22 Jul 2010 at 15:07.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2729668)   #2
2000yellow360
Racer

United States
California
2000yellow360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be an interesting race. I suspect Hayden will do better than expected, he knows the track, and isn't afraid of getting sideways. I'll be there, Suite C above the MotoGP pits, as usual.

Art
Old 20 Jul 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2729671)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going Saturday, riding over for the day to watch practice and qualifying; and take in the sights. Then I'll ride some twisty roads home and enjoy the race on my couch come Sunday.

I'm not sure about Hayden. I think he can podium, but I still feels he lacks that extra punch to challenge for a win.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2729741)   #4
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I think Rossi will try to do some heroic thing in Laguna Seca. He is injured not only physically but in his ego as well. Before his crash Lorenzo was affecting his nerves, same as Sete or Stoner in their best seasons. Rossi doesn't take well true defeats; he can concede graciously eventual defeats but a potentially faster rider is another thing.

IMO he has done a big effort to come back soon just to beat Lorenzo. And, even better, to beat Lorenzo while still injured, to broadcast worldwide he is the best.

No matter how much he smiles, Valentino is not enjoying it at the moment and he *has* to put right this (another question is if he can do it). A side scenario is Rossi can over do it and get further injured. Be careful, Vale.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 19:24 (Ref:2729779)   #5
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
enjoy the weekend all of you going, safe riding J if there are more tourists on the roads than usual (sorry, old guy side of me)
dunno, it just seems Hayden just has been trying too hard here hasnt he lately?
Lord, could you imagine the moto2 field going through there?
Is going to be a tiring week for all the teams with only scant days to get used to the 9 hr time change, I am usually discombobulated for at least a few days and I imagine they will be flying out there on Monday, although for me anyway, its easier going w than e.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2730177)   #6
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all clear for Espargaro to race this weekend meaning a full grid of 17 riders
Old 21 Jul 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2730313)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Full grid of 17 riders"
Oh the utter irony!
Old 21 Jul 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2730323)   #8
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Yeah, I meant to make a comment about that to!
Old 22 Jul 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2730654)   #9
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
me too, but I actually restrained myself!
Old 22 Jul 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2730663)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb View Post
enjoy the weekend all of you going, safe riding J if there are more tourists on the roads than usual (sorry, old guy side of me)
I leave my crazy riding for the race track. I'm a bit of a grandma when it comes to street riding. But for sure, there will be plenty of crazies around the Monterey Peninsula. Most of them on two wheels unfortunately...
Old 22 Jul 2010, 16:53 (Ref:2730713)   #11
djb
Veteran

yep J, I wasnt meaning you, I was meaning the RVs gang and mom+pop not paying attention in the curves. Remember I drove down the Oregon and Cali coast on my touring bicycle many years ago, and highway 1 or whatever it was had its fair share of "mom+pop" + RV moments for me, very cool trip but not for the faint of heart in lots of places (what sticks in my mind were some narrow bits with no shoulder at all, and lumber trucks and RVs...using a handlebar rear view mirror paid for itself on that trip,would give a few seconds warning if some twonk wasnt moving over at all in those dodgey narrow bits, so I could bail onto the dirt shoulder and/or just be super stable and on the limit of what space I had.

have a great saturday

oh, thought afterwards about the "full grid of 17" In moto2, you could have a big first corner shunt that takes out 17 riders, and there would still be more bikes left than moto gp....the comparison really does make it look sparse doesnt it?
Old 22 Jul 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2730755)   #12
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
With the level of performance Marquez, Espargaro and others are achieving in 125, let's put some 125ers in MotoGP grid, some gone teams were not much faster! (and they are funnier too)
Old 23 Jul 2010, 11:20 (Ref:2731089)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Laguna Seca Fiat Yamaha Livery
Old 23 Jul 2010, 12:13 (Ref:2731121)   #14
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Yuck
Old 23 Jul 2010, 14:52 (Ref:2731202)   #15
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
How about Team Texas?
Attached Thumbnails
p03.jpg  
Old 23 Jul 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2731215)   #16
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Who is the chap beside Lorenzo, perhaps a local wildcard? An autograph hunter? A college student who won a breakfast cereal prize?
Old 23 Jul 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2731221)   #17
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
This is the most posts by Schummy in a race thread, perhaps ever. Something is afoot...
Old 23 Jul 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2731355)   #18
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Future teammates?
Attached Thumbnails
n512682_ROSSI_HAYDEN_slideshow.jpg  
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:43 (Ref:2731400)   #19
2000yellow360
Racer

United States
California
2000yellow360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
How about Team Texas?
Once again, the Texans prove they have no taste. UGH!!!!
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2731406)   #20
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
This is the most posts by Schummy in a race thread, perhaps ever. Something is afoot...
I agree: it's summer. Nobody has perceived it, but I can confirm: it's summer, boys.

Ok, there under the middle earth it is not summer, but I meant the proper part of the planet.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 22:07 (Ref:2731491)   #21
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Stoner quickest on Day 1.

Roger Lee Hayden went slower than he did on the Kawi in Friday practice 2007...
Attached Thumbnails
stoner.jpg  
Old 25 Jul 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2732089)   #22
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The battle for the 17th place should be interesting. Roger or De Angelis, who's gonna be the one?

It should be a easy win for Lorenzo, but i hope Stoner can keep up with him...
Old 25 Jul 2010, 19:11 (Ref:2732697)   #23
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
The battle for the 17th place should be interesting. Roger or De Angelis, who's gonna be the one?

It should be a easy win for Lorenzo, but i hope Stoner can keep up with him...

Providing Alex does'nt take out the field on lap1 I think he should finish ahead of Rojerly. I didnt think he would be very good, given his appalling WSB season but he's actually been quite good.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2732698)   #24
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry I meant quite good in comparison to a Japanese test rider.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 21:27 (Ref:2732838)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anyone else having a break in the feed?

Someones got a cable loose somewhere.