Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Sep 2001, 23:38 (Ref:140900)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Breaking news: Burti speaks...

Well, just heard on the TV now :

Luiz Carlos Burti, Luciano's father, and her wife, just got to the Hospital in Belgium, comin' from USA:

"I talked to Luciano and he's fine, he said he just remember the touch of the 2 cars and then nothing else more. He said that Irvine is not guilty in anyway, and he made a bad move."

Altough he was very emotional on the interview (Luciano will stay there until Saturday), he stated that he's happy with his son being in F1...

So it ends all speculation.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 23:55 (Ref:140910)   #2
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another information that makes me more happy. And for sure also Irvine will sleep better...

Best regards,

Julian
Old 4 Sep 2001, 05:27 (Ref:140985)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, the spotlight must turn to Barrichello now. What was all that about Burti wanting to thump Irvine?????
Old 4 Sep 2001, 09:22 (Ref:141026)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonderful news to hear that Luciano is doing well, considering how bad the accident was.

But will he be returing to the cockpit for Monza? Surely after his second big accident in only two races his confidence would have taken a huge knock, plus the human body can only take so much punishment.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 09:49 (Ref:141034)   #5
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news! Speedy recovery, Luchano!

Barricello's words sound strange now. Why on earth Rubinio decided to speak on behalf of Burti?
Old 4 Sep 2001, 10:19 (Ref:141041)   #6
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe everything that was said by rubens was taken in the wrong context or totally exaggerated!!!!
Old 4 Sep 2001, 10:21 (Ref:141042)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Luciano has to recover from severe concussion

First of all, we know that Burti has suffered serious concussion and bruising in two sections of his brain. It is inconceivable that he could take part in any sporting event for at least two weeks, and probably 4. Football teams have learnt through past experience that if anyone suffers concussion, he must be rested the following weekend - otherwise he would just be wandering around the field like a robot during the next week's game. It is even more important than an F1 driver must be in full control of his reactions to be in charge of an F1 car. I can't even see Burti testing an F1 car in the next month, that's my opinion. As for thumping Eddie, that is a good sign as he wanted to do something positive as soon as possible - I am sure his intent and tone were more jokular than malicious. People say a lot of things when they are in shock. I just wish him a speedy and full recovery, right Bononi?
Old 4 Sep 2001, 11:24 (Ref:141081)   #8
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 11:32 (Ref:141087)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
in cart, last time someone got an injury of this nature, he was rested for 6 weeks so as not to do any damage should the same happen again.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 11:43 (Ref:141098)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re: Luciano has to recover from severe concussion

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
First of all, we know that Burti has suffered serious concussion and bruising in two sections of his brain. It is inconceivable that he could take part in any sporting event for at least two weeks, and probably 4. Football teams have learnt through past experience that if anyone suffers concussion, he must be rested the following weekend - otherwise he would just be wandering around the field like a robot during the next week's game. It is even more important than an F1 driver must be in full control of his reactions to be in charge of an F1 car. I can't even see Burti testing an F1 car in the next month, that's my opinion. As for thumping Eddie, that is a good sign as he wanted to do something positive as soon as possible - I am sure his intent and tone were more jokular than malicious. People say a lot of things when they are in shock. I just wish him a speedy and full recovery, right Bononi?
Precisely, Valve.

Even RB stated that it was just in the heat of the moment.

About racing, I read on the paper this morning that it's decided that he will not race in Monza at least.

So there's a vacant seat, who accept the offer ???
Old 4 Sep 2001, 13:22 (Ref:141139)   #11
GanjaGrizz
Racer

GanjaGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Luciano has to recover from severe concussion

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
otherwise he would just be wandering around the field like a robot during the next week's game. It is even more important than an F1 driver must be in full control of his reactions to be in charge of an F1 car.
Tell that to Rubinho...

Great news about Burti, I didnt know his Parents lived in the USA or were they just on Vacation?
So punching Irvine wont be happening then? It must of been something said in the heat of the moment.
Maybe Prost himself will replace him , I know for a fact he would be better then Marques or Mazzacan..
Old 4 Sep 2001, 16:10 (Ref:141195)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Burti says that he does not remember what happened after the cars touched. It could be that what he said was during that time when he didn't know what he was saying. (Prof. Watkins in his books says that quite often drivers say bizarre things after being hit on the head - remember Pironi saying that he had heard Watkins advising that Pironi's legs be amputated ... and another pilot kept asking him about his lap times while they were cutting him out of the car.) But as Burti is Rubens' good friend, I would not think Rubens would make up things and put them in Burti's mouth. Likely Burti did say that at some point.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 18:12 (Ref:141247)   #13
conemoy_fawlef
Rookie

conemoy_fawlef should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Burti says that he does not remember what happened after the cars touched. It could be that what he said was during that time when he didn't know what he was saying. (Prof. Watkins in his books says that quite often drivers say bizarre things after being hit on the head - remember Pironi saying that he had heard Watkins advising that Pironi's legs be amputated ... and another pilot kept asking him about his lap times while they were cutting him out of the car.) But as Burti is Rubens' good friend, I would not think Rubens would make up things and put them in Burti's mouth. Likely Burti did say that at some point.
yeah and frentzen's accident at montreal - he seemed alright and was talking perfectly well and having conversation, then suddenly told everybody that "i am back now" and unbeknown to them, he had been unconcious all that time!!!

i thought that was mazing!!!
Old 4 Sep 2001, 18:34 (Ref:141261)   #14
msps
Rookie

msps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I read in a Brazilian newspaper was that Barrichelo said that after visiting Burti in the hospital Burti told him that he wanted to leave the hospital very soon to have a word with Irvine (no mention about punching...) and to clarify all the incident.
I'm happy both drivers are ok.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 18:34 (Ref:141262)   #15
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was EI sleeping in his car on Saturday. There was a long shot at him showing him sitting in his car with his eyes closed like he was napping.

Was he doing the same during the race when the accident happened? I am not blaming him for it but he does not see totally focus on his job as driver. Specially if he says he did not see Burti alongside him.

I thought he did a great job helping in getting Burti out of his car inmediatelly. That was a good gesture from him in the middle of such a chaotic incident. Well done
Old 4 Sep 2001, 21:07 (Ref:141374)   #16
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news.

Lucky is the understatement of all humanity