Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Oct 2006, 08:17 (Ref:1738958)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tasman to run VZ in 2007??

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/la...M&gid=16306959

Quote:
Tasman Motorsport has elected to repair Jason Richards’ #3 Commodore after its wild airborne ride through the Chase and subsequent crash at Reid Park at Bathurst.

The team does have a spare chassis at its Melbourne workshop but have instead elected to repair the existing car for the Indy event rather than switch the mechanicals and debut the new machine
its all a bit confusing "The team have a spare chassis...debut th new machine" ok they have a spare/new chassis and its new and seeing you can't race a VE this year,this spare/new chassis isn't a VE since they had the option to use it,i can't see a team that is not all that rich having a new chassis at this point of the year that isn't a VE for next year so if they had the option of running this chassis it must be a VZ.

seeing they are not debuting it yet i cant see them debuting it this year,so they must be keeping it for next year and as far as i know the VZ can't be updated to VE so i think we could see Greg Murphy and Jason Richards in VZ next year or at least one of them will be as they could still get one VE on the go.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1738999)   #2
Pirtek_Falcon-1
Racer

Pirtek_Falcon-1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Isnt the VZ-VE change just about panels?
Old 16 Oct 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1739037)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
as far as i know not the VY - VZ was just pannels.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 09:49 (Ref:1739060)   #4
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg Murphy racing has already agreed to purchase 2 VZ commodores from Tasman to run in next year in the Fujitsu series, as in motorsport news.
I'd assume the team will keep one VZ as a spare to go with a pair of new VE's.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1739095)   #5
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, talking about Murphy moving to Tasman has been strengthened by this newsletter about the GMR Ride Commodore going to Melbourne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph.co.nz
At this stage Jason Richards from Tasman Motorsport will be the man to scare you. (Greg Murphy will not be available for any of the Ride days!!)
Is this more confirmation that Murphy is heading to Tasman?
Old 16 Oct 2006, 10:30 (Ref:1739101)   #6
leaso
Racer

leaso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is one team on the way up.

How will be the No 1 driver is the question at hand?

Jason is a great peddler and I hope he stays as the the teams lead driver
Old 16 Oct 2006, 10:53 (Ref:1739123)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/la...M&gid=16306959

its all a bit confusing "The team have a spare chassis...debut th new machine" ok they have a spare/new chassis and its new and seeing you can't race a VE this year,this spare/new chassis isn't a VE since they had the option to use it,i can't see a team that is not all that rich having a new chassis at this point of the year that isn't a VE for next year so if they had the option of running this chassis it must be a VZ.

seeing they are not debuting it yet i cant see them debuting it this year,so they must be keeping it for next year and as far as i know the VZ can't be updated to VE so i think we could see Greg Murphy and Jason Richards in VZ next year or at least one of them will be as they could still get one VE on the go.
It is quite simple.

A 'Chassis' in the Tasman parlance is a caged body shell, complete with electrics, but not necessarily a rolling shell (i.e. with suspension, hubs, diff etc attached)

To say that they can build the 'chassis' up means that they would transfer parts from the damaged shell to the new one.. This is a relatively quick task if most of the hard stuff (e.g. wiring, fuel cell etc) is already complete

Problem of course is the time it shall take to dial in a new shell.. its not something you would normally want to do around a concrete lined racetrack...

Having a shell is as good as having a spare car... if it is kitted to the point that a refit is a relatively minor operation as appears here
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Oct 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1739144)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie
Greg Murphy racing has already agreed to purchase 2 VZ commodores from Tasman to run in next year in the Fujitsu series, as in motorsport news.
I'd assume the team will keep one VZ as a spare to go with a pair of new VE's.
could we see Greg Murphy Racing as a team name extend to main series seeing Greg will run 2 cars in the dev series and obviously GMR will be the feeder team for Tasman so the name might also come into the main game as well so ???.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1739192)   #9
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
could we see Greg Murphy Racing as a team name extend to main series seeing Greg will run 2 cars in the dev series and obviously GMR will be the feeder team for Tasman so the name might also come into the main game as well so ???.
GMR won't be in main game.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1739554)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaso
This is one team on the way up.

How will be the No 1 driver is the question at hand?

Jason is a great peddler and I hope he stays as the the teams lead driver
the quickest driver will be the no.1 in the team
Old 16 Oct 2006, 22:48 (Ref:1739721)   #11
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of the teams have gone that way now where both cars are prepared to the same standard and driving orders dont occur except where 1 driver is actually slowing down the other.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 09:45 (Ref:1739970)   #12
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the launch of the prototype VE at Bathurst? Did I miss something?
Old 17 Oct 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1740046)   #13
leaso
Racer

leaso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uncle Tom did not have time to fit the nitrous kit to it
Old 17 Oct 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1740132)   #14
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ve got delayed due to the brock death. i understand brock was meant to do laps in it similar to what dick johnson did. it was to be unvieled last week, so expect it this week or next week. As for the gmr racing in the development series i would expect it to stay there and not move up. I would also expect both tasman co drivers to pilot these machines.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 12:51 (Ref:1740207)   #15
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do we know who these co-drivers are yet?
Old 18 Oct 2006, 06:26 (Ref:1740815)   #16
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Weren't we just discussing that in the Silly season thread...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 19 Oct 2006, 05:19 (Ref:1741785)   #17
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
Do we know who these co-drivers are yet?
maybe it will be Owen Kelly and Mark Noske or just one of them or none of them but it is going to make it hard if all the drivers have to stay in their car.

Kelly and Noske did well at bathurst they finnished with a straight car and it wasnt their problem the car had no pace (and you could tell it was the car by the way it went passed you it sounded abit off),but with the race time under their belts in the development series those 2 would be one of the strongest co drivers going and Owen has done well at bathurst the last 2 years last year at PWR he and nathan brought the car home traght and in a solid position.but thats if they run in the development series which i heard a rumour they were.

i am sure SBR would run Seto if he decides to stay with the team and cant get a full time drive,and Youlden if he decides to stay with the team and cant get a Full time drive.and with seto's and luke's experience and a year in thedevelopment series they would also be one of the strongest co drivers going.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 10:46 (Ref:1741977)   #18
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GMR, or is that Tasman, were said to be planning to run rookies, or at least young drivers in the developement series in '07. Tratt to stay in the Porsche with a team-mate coming to join him.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1741987)   #19
greenracer
Racer

Australia
greenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgreenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a new vz a possibility for tassie debut
Old 19 Oct 2006, 13:27 (Ref:1742112)   #20
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
maybe it will be Owen Kelly and Mark Noske or just one of them or none of them .......
This bit here is definitely 100% true. It will either be neither, one only, or both of them. At last, a confirmed fact!
Old 19 Oct 2006, 22:41 (Ref:1742524)   #21
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice spotting Rombles1! Sometimes I wonder if PWR Fan reads what he writes...
Old 20 Oct 2006, 02:14 (Ref:1742623)   #22
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
sure do read everything.