Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jan 2004, 21:24 (Ref:842672)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Speed World Challenge Cadillac

My first inclination was to burst out laughing -- all the Cadillacs I know are a lot like driving your sofa, and Gilles referred to a terrible Ferrari he once had as "my hopeless fast Red Cadillac." But I have just completed an interview with Andy Pilgrim, who is going to be driving the new SWC Cadillac and he says this:

Quote:
... the CTS-V is going to be a performance revelation. The CTS-V is amazing, I guess you could call it a muscle car but the handling and brakes are pure sports car all the way.
Andy Pilgrim is an honest man and he knows everything about GM cars. Now I'm looking forward to seeing this car in action!
Old 18 Jan 2004, 21:34 (Ref:842681)   #2
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just hope it has normal "teething" problems like most cars, if it comes out and dominates....bye bye SWC as we know it...
Old 19 Jan 2004, 02:02 (Ref:842874)   #3
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
true enough SPeed World Challenge is the one of the best Road Race series out there, i really hope it does podium out of the box but the competition just stomps it- especially the corvettes, that'll show caddy to act like a GT- it ought to be a tourer but...
and regular teething problems would be welcome, Speeds' dedicated privateers really do not need to be chased out of racing by a mere budget differnece of 6 gazillion dollars.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 04:13 (Ref:842920)   #4
sportscarsRULE
Racer

United States
Bristol, TN
sportscarsRULE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Caddy does dominate then SCCA will inevitably do something about it, like they did with PTG.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 04:18 (Ref:842922)   #5
RM40
Racer

RM40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully they won't whine about it, either. PTG knew it was a part of the rules, and SCCA showed it would do what it takes to even the field and make the privateers happy. Isn't that what a sanctioning body is supposed to do in series that use ballast/restrictor.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 05:12 (Ref:842964)   #6
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forget what PTG whines about they had the money to counter it, look at poor guys like Dave Farmer and John Young. Farmer cannot afford to fight the giants that spend 1 million dollars for a 4 car team and he cannot muster up 60k to do a bare bones effort...which was a pretty good effort if you look at it. John youngs car got destroyed at LRP never to appear again...Im pretty sure it wasnt because he didnt want to, its because he couldnt afford it.

I have nothing against Caddy and Volvo and PTG or Audi...but little man needs a chance too!!!

Hurray for Munford and McClure for beating the big guys at their own games!!

Im looking forward to more in 04
Old 20 Jan 2004, 02:07 (Ref:843476)   #7
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll miss PTG how cool was road america with that BMW frieght train going down to Canada Corner?
but onward...the problem i see is the "giants that spend 1 millin dollars for a 4 car team"
4 cars? that is pushing out any privateer by being able to lock out the podium crappy-
privateers and manufacturers i guess should have the car stable limited to 2 cars, to avoid this, but 1 million spent on 4 cars, makes them beatable i suppose- 1 million spent on 1 or 2 cars, they'd be almost perfected.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 12:05 (Ref:843913)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I think is that they'll teethe in Speed GT and then move on to the regular GT class when they get the car developed. I would imagine they want a wider market than they'll get driving in a series where the races are shown on a cable channel three weeks after they happen.

I do agree about the privateers making Soeed World Challenge what it is supposed to be. I hope they will figure it out over there at Speed TV.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 05:06 (Ref:844978)   #9
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Speed GT is looking like a upgraded version of super touring cars now...what with Audi, Volvo and Caddy all using sedans.....