Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Aug 2001, 15:27 (Ref:132156)   #1
s98sadds
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
s98sadds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coulthard's focus vs. Schumacher's family

Just thinking about something the ITV-F1 commentators said today. Michael Schumacher seems to get his focus and drive from his family and things he enjoys doing like "going to the supermarket"! On the other hand David leaves Heidi to focus on his World Championship and devotes all his time to that, but Schumacher seems to be more content.

Has David got the wrong strategy? - Should he be relaxing more rather than letting F1 take over his life? I would be interested to hear what you have to say.

Stephen.
Old 18 Aug 2001, 16:17 (Ref:132178)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I hate to point out the obvious, but what DC needs is talent, and loads more of it, if he is to give Michael any competition in the future...
Old 18 Aug 2001, 16:17 (Ref:132179)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i believe it was nick heidfeld who said his girlfriend didn't serve as a distraction, she gave him strength.
it's about where you get your strength from. perhaps dc might realise in 6 years time when he's got the world championship (big if there) that his life is missing kids and a missus, but obviously that's not the way he feels now.

and it's about what you do to relax too. michael puts his feet up with the sunday times in front of teletubbies, david goes for a threesome in a jacuzzi. someone else might go thrash the pants of a jetski.

it all goes down to choices of lifestyle too...
Old 18 Aug 2001, 18:30 (Ref:132212)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What about that girl who was in Mclaren pits watching his laps ?

His personal trainer, maybe ?
Old 18 Aug 2001, 18:39 (Ref:132213)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
DC does have the wrong attitude, IMO. But he is also just not good enough, and never will be.
Old 18 Aug 2001, 19:01 (Ref:132218)   #6
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it depends on what sort of character you have.
Old 18 Aug 2001, 23:26 (Ref:132261)   #7
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
What about that girl who was in Mclaren pits watching his laps ?

His personal trainer, maybe ?

i still think Heidi is prettier
Old 18 Aug 2001, 23:29 (Ref:132262)   #8
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
DC does have the wrong attitude, IMO. But he is also just not good enough, and never will be.

but he is in one of the top six cars/teams, so i guess his chances won't be that bad
Old 18 Aug 2001, 23:58 (Ref:132269)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by f1grandprixshop

You bet.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 00:37 (Ref:132273)   #10
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think DC is one step down from beating the lot of them, the question is what secret ingredient is missing from his approach?
Or is it fighting within the team for the same support as Mika has that wears him out and saps his confidence? I don't know and neither does DC by the look of it
Old 19 Aug 2001, 01:10 (Ref:132277)   #11
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones
I think DC is one step down from beating the lot of them, the question is what secret ingredient is missing from his approach?
Or is it fighting within the team for the same support as Mika has that wears him out and saps his confidence? I don't know and neither does DC by the look of it

lack of concentration maybe? DC is too confused as to who he's going to date next....just like Irvinve, that's why they're in the same league. well, maybe DC is better than Irvine, a bit
Old 19 Aug 2001, 04:05 (Ref:132306)   #12
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I still think Heidi is prettier
I want to know what the guy was thinking??? Winning the WDC??? Get over it DC, you will never win it. At least you would have got something from her!!

As for MS, I think he's got it all figured out. Races for Ferrari but goes home to the wife and kids after a day at the office. And gets paid millions for it. Damn he's lucky. I'd also put Mika in the same boat too now, without the luck.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 10:07 (Ref:132355)   #13
economy_waffle
Racer

economy_waffle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Coulthard's focus vs. Schumacher's family

Quote:
Originally posted by s98sadds
Just thinking about something the ITV-F1 commentators said today. Michael Schumacher seems to get his focus and drive from his family and things he enjoys doing like "going to the supermarket"!
i heard that!!!

no1 likes going to the supermarket - cept for me as i like to **** ppl off by cutting em' up with me trolley - classic!!!
Old 19 Aug 2001, 11:37 (Ref:132395)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I think DC is the classic case of "almost a champion". Always in top teams (Williams/Mclaren), a little connection of wins and when comes the pressure of challeging the WDC... nothing.

Most of the champions in the teams he has been/is won WDCs in less time he has spent driving.

The worst of all, is that these teams never had #1 and #2 drivers, and even if one argue about he's not being the boss fave, I'm sure that's not a good reason.

I would be happy if he wins today, but that will not change much the scenario F1 had stuck in.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 14:57 (Ref:132486)   #15
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he's getting better every year.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 15:03 (Ref:132490)   #16
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I'll disagree on that one, Grrrrrrr...
I also think Heidi was a yenta, I'm sure she nagged him to death.

DC could under the right circumstances take a WDC. He'll never dominate a season, but the talent is there.

Everyone has different styles. David has realized that for him to succede, he needs to be more independant. Look at how he has eclipsed Hakkinen this year and the fact that he is second in the WDC despite driving for a team that dseems to have lost its way.

If the Ferrari is that much superior, Barrichello should be second in the points.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 15:04 (Ref:132492)   #17
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Re: Coulthard's focus vs. Schumacher's family

Quote:
Originally posted by economy_waffle

no1 likes going to the supermarket - cept for me as i like to **** ppl off by cutting em' up with me trolley - classic!!!

I think your mother needs to give you a good spanking.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 16:15 (Ref:132528)   #18
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NO!!!!!! heidi left him because she found out about him sleeping with another woman!!!!!!!! so he had no choice - it wasn't to concentrate on the championship it was because he was DUMPED!
Old 19 Aug 2001, 16:21 (Ref:132531)   #19
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
He actually post-poned his wedding to Heidi to concentrate on winning the WDC (but why bother, really?), and then when the newspapers reported that he had cheated on her she broke it off completely.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 16:23 (Ref:132535)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by jiggly_puff
NO!!!!!! heidi left him because she found out about him sleeping with another woman!!!!!!!! so he had no choice - it wasn't to concentrate on the championship it was because he was DUMPED!
It seems it was not a big deal for him... he recovered pretty well.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 22:34 (Ref:132765)   #21
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"He actually post-poned his wedding to Heidi to concentrate on winning the WDC (but why bother, really?), and then when the newspapers reported that he had cheated on her she broke it off completely."

Gosh...i always thought it was Heidi dumped him after she realised he was sleeping with some other old gigs...and DC in a pathetic attempt to cover the truth and not lose face, started "We decide to postpone our wedding for my WDC focus" campaign....

But thankfully, Heidi finally saw the light and left DC...
Old 19 Aug 2001, 23:35 (Ref:132811)   #22
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by nicholaswhite
I think he's getting better every year.

i agree. yesturday's race show MS, RB and DC at the start of the race till the end close knit together. What happened to mika?
Old 20 Aug 2001, 00:00 (Ref:132824)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:

i agree. yesturday's race show MS, RB and DC at the start of the race till the end close knit together. What happened to mika?

He was blocked by the slowers, in Hungary there's no way to pass... but he was the faster one, record breaker and the OLD Mika !!!!
Old 20 Aug 2001, 00:41 (Ref:132835)   #24
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika had the fastest lap of the race, and said that Trulli, who held him up for 29 laps, was about 1.5 seconds a lap slower. DC, for his part, has improved tremendously this year -- to the point that I now consider him a very respectable #2 driver behind Mika.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 06:13 (Ref:132881)   #25
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
DC could under the right circumstances take a WDC. He'll never dominate a season, but the talent is there.

Everyone has different styles. David has realized that for him to succede, he needs to be more independant. Look at how he has eclipsed Hakkinen this year and the fact that he is second in the WDC despite driving for a team that dseems to have lost its way.

If the Ferrari is that much superior, Barrichello should be second in the points.
eclipsed Hakkinen ???????

EERO, Michael's dry set-up in the wet of Brazil'01 and Juan Pablo's dumb blocking move on Schuey in Austria'01 ENABLED DC to win...

The British Media are to blame, they sent a swordfighter to a gun-fight and psyched him up in believing that hes got what it takes to be a WDC.

Magny Cours'00, when all DC did was to 'gesture' the whole nations' feelings on Michael...the Brit Media proclaimed a new champ...phooooie! The Schu dint even finish that race.

Hakkinen in Silverstone'01 and Spain'01 was no man eclipsed by DC....methinks Hugo has played a major role