Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2024, 17:48 (Ref:4224307)   #1
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Safety Car. Italian GP

Hope they have a spare S/C for the GP this weekend. Bernd bent the current one, spun off and hit the barriers. Crew okay.
Old 29 Aug 2024, 18:06 (Ref:4224311)   #2
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think that I'm wrong, but I believe that they always have two safety cars and at least two medical cars for every event. I suppose just for situations such as you describe or vehicle malfunctions.
Old 29 Aug 2024, 19:00 (Ref:4224320)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We need a Monza thread. Maybe this thread can be converted over to the Monza race thread, or maybe these posts can be merged into that thread once it's create.

In other Monza news...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...nges/10648945/

With the complete resurfacing of Monza (including I think reworking of all curbs) the drivers feel they have gone too far. Changes that take away the specific challenges of Monza and allowing areas to be run flat and with much heavier riding of curbs to be expected. And... that the drivers were not consulted in the rework of the circuit.

Richard
Old 29 Aug 2024, 22:34 (Ref:4224346)   #4
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Should footballers be consulted when a pitch is re-laid?

Should basketballers be consulted when a new court is installed?
Old 29 Aug 2024, 22:45 (Ref:4224347)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That’s a different situation.

Not that I feel they should be completely listened too either.
Old 29 Aug 2024, 23:16 (Ref:4224349)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Drivers and riders and teams complain about a circuit.
The circuit listens and attempts to fix the issues raised.
Drivers and riders and teams complain about a circuit.

Twas ever thus.
Old 29 Aug 2024, 23:19 (Ref:4224350)   #7
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But anyway - Maylander's SC excursion looked like some form of brake failure to me. I know he showboats from time to time but the way that snapped was very very abrupt.
It looked very much like the spin was deliberate, to take the speed and sting out of the incident.
Old 29 Aug 2024, 23:58 (Ref:4224354)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, that definitely was not a driver issue and issue on the car. They need to just use a GT3 car and add the electronic bits they need, gotta be possible and they can either upgrade the SC speed or at least take some pressure off driver and car. But I'm guessing cost prohibitive and maybe not easy enough to get out of for a safety car
Old 30 Aug 2024, 00:21 (Ref:4224357)   #9
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am not sure if the drivers should have been consulted. I would however be interested to understand how the requirements came about for the redesign. In short... what did they think were the key factors in curb design? You would think that somewhere driver's comments would factor in somehow? Maybe they were? Anyone who works in product development can understand how things like this can go either horribly wrong or very much right. I guess we will see in a few short hours if the changes are good or bad!

SC crash looked to be mechanical.

Richard
Old 30 Aug 2024, 00:24 (Ref:4224359)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Problem with the car I would say, but still very bizarre, not something you expect to see at all
Old 30 Aug 2024, 01:15 (Ref:4224365)   #11
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, that definitely was not a driver issue and issue on the car. They need to just use a GT3 car and add the electronic bits they need, gotta be possible and they can either upgrade the SC speed or at least take some pressure off driver and car. But I'm guessing cost prohibitive and maybe not easy enough to get out of for a safety car
GT3 cars take time to come up to temperature; see Bathurst 12hr going away from the traditional one lap shootout to a short sessions for half the top ten.

A Safety Car needs to be "on" from the moment it hits the track.

Yeah, he threw it away, but it was during the Thursday test that they do at every event so Bernd knows where the limit is. It was probable to happen at some point.
Old 31 Aug 2024, 17:23 (Ref:4224587)   #12
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that he’d been hoofing around the circuit for a while. It’s quite heavy on brakes, so my guess is that the brake fluid was on a low simmer when he went off.
Old 4 Sep 2024, 15:13 (Ref:4225428)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so turns out the worst crash of the weekend was the safety car!

to quote a fellow canadian...isnt that ironic?
Old 4 Sep 2024, 17:35 (Ref:4225448)   #14
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
so turns out the worst crash of the weekend was the safety car!

to quote a fellow canadian...isnt that ironic?
Nah - Kimi's was worse I reckon but there were a few of them went in at the same spot in a similar fashion - think that the Safety Car started a trend!
Old 12 Sep 2024, 07:53 (Ref:4226223)   #15
huntrashmi
Rookie

huntrashmi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so what is the cause
Old 12 Sep 2024, 09:25 (Ref:4226235)   #16
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrashmi View Post
so what is the cause
I think you would find that the new track surface, plus damp conditions played a part in the crash. Also probably going to quick and didn't realise the state of surface. Just my own opinion, as the FIA has not given the reason for it.