Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 May 2009, 19:02 (Ref:2467247)   #1
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone doing the MSVR at Silverstone on 6th 7th June?

Hi Guys

Anyone doing this meeting? I think it has FPA amongst others?
Old 22 May 2009, 19:23 (Ref:2467253)   #2
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably only 1 day but yes!
Old 22 May 2009, 22:22 (Ref:2467362)   #3
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both days for me - see you there.

still waiting for entry / race details on here http://www.msvracing.co.uk/calendar.aspx
Old 25 May 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2469050)   #4
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there for both days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyDJ View Post
still waiting for entry / race details on here http://www.msvracing.co.uk/calendar.aspx
I believe that the meeting content will include Formula Palmer Audi, Nippon Challenge, MR2 Challenge, BARC (SE) Intermarque, Tigers and MSVR Open Sports/Sports Racing cars.
Old 26 May 2009, 09:23 (Ref:2469324)   #5
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I'll be there for both days.

I believe that the meeting content will include Formula Palmer Audi, Nippon Challenge, MR2 Challenge, BARC (SE) Intermarque, Tigers and MSVR Open Sports/Sports Racing cars.
Well, I might do Saturday depending on circumstances - but not Sunday - though I'll be there in another guise.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances before then, my wife (Nina Fountain - she uses her maiden name) will be driving in the MR2 Challenge. This will be her very first race - so please treat her gently if she pays you a visit - I have versed her a lot on how to react to Marshals - so she should be OK. Hopefully she'll get around without coming off - which is her main aim in first race. (Oh - and not to be a mobile chicane for everyone else). She has been instructed to give a good old wave at the end as well!

She'll be driving our Mk1 MR2 (which I am collecting tomorrow) which is bright green with twin black stripes down the centre and is #74 - so give her a cheer and wave. The car is (hopefully) carrying BMMC stickers and also Silverstone Marshals Team shields on the spoiler.

Anyone who wants to pay us a visit in the paddock (or possibly garages) please feel free - you will all be welcome.

Anyone who knows me will know I also wanted to drive - having passed my ARDS the MSA turned my application down on medical grounds - grrrr - the argument is still running - so at the moment the flag is being flown by the missus. Lucky she is a fellow petrolhead!!
Old 26 May 2009, 10:33 (Ref:2469364)   #6
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
Far prefer to meet Nina in the canteen than the gravel trap - wish her all the best and hope her arms don't ache from waving so hard to all the marshals!

Fingers crossed you get your licence sorted Tony - I realise that they have a job to do, but it seems awfully ungrateful to accept all of your efforts as a marshal & then bounce you when behind the wheel.

Cheers, David
Old 26 May 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2469367)   #7
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyDJ View Post
Far prefer to meet Nina in the canteen than the gravel trap - wish her all the best and hope her arms don't ache from waving so hard to all the marshals!

Fingers crossed you get your licence sorted Tony - I realise that they have a job to do, but it seems awfully ungrateful to accept all of your efforts as a marshal & then bounce you when behind the wheel.

Cheers, David
Well - they have their reasons - whether they are valid or not is the issue - there is a seperate thread on the racers forum under ARDS Questions.

Still fun to support Nina though - really looking forward to the day! I am learning all the time!

Nina and I might Marshal on Sat - that way she can get a sig on her Race licence.
Old 26 May 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2469378)   #8
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good luck to you both! Shame I can't make it but I've promised to spend some time with my family in June, especially after marshalling the last 3 weekends on the trot.
Old 26 May 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2469549)   #9
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Before anyone asks, I will be sending the non-ES tickets out tomorrow.

I am still short of Flags and Observers so if anyone is interested for either or both days, please let me know.

Regards

Fay Crook
Chief Marshal
MSVR - Silverstone
Old 28 May 2009, 08:49 (Ref:2470746)   #10
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Please note that contrary to the information I sent out sign-on will actually be in the Paddock Bar and not the Paddock Diner.

The races at this meeting are for:

Nippon Challenge
Silhouettes
German Formula Vee
Formula Palmer Audi
MR2
Intermarque
MSVR Sports and GT

5 races on Saturday and 10 races on Sunday.

Saturday starts at 0930 and finishes at 1710, Sunday starts at 0900 and finishes at 1735.

If anyone wants a copy of the full timetable please email me.

Regards

Fay
Old 28 May 2009, 17:19 (Ref:2471041)   #11
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
I have just heard that Sunday is now a 10.00am start. Therefore sign-on will be 08.30 am to 09.15 am in the Paddock Bar.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2473419)   #12
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Nina #74

Hi Guys

Have got the car - and barring any issues at our test at Snetterton on Wed - Nina should be racing in the MR2 Challenge on Sunday.

Give her a wave or come and say Hi in the paddock (outside chance we may have a garage so check there if you cannot find us). Here she is with the car - so now you know what it looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Sims1.jpg   Sims2.jpg  
Old 1 Jun 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2473639)   #13
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks ace Tony. Can't marshal that weekend, but maybe out and about.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 20:58 (Ref:2473659)   #14
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please look after my Intermarques!
Old 2 Jun 2009, 15:44 (Ref:2474095)   #15
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks great Tony!
Old 3 Jun 2009, 13:11 (Ref:2474697)   #16
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Weather's looking iffy for Sunday

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2201?area=NN12
Old 3 Jun 2009, 15:46 (Ref:2474781)   #17
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Col_Rugby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to come & see her race Tony but sadly work wont let me have the time off. Best of luck & above all I hope you both enjoy it.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2475176)   #18
Norbert
Racer

England
Norbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there on Sunday.

Best of luck to Nina.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2475533)   #19
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also there, for both days, Tony. I'll come over to see you, and wish Nina good luck too.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 22:45 (Ref:2475627)   #20
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
A sneak preview of Fay's list suggests that I'll be flapping cloth at Copse Out - hope to only notice No 74 when you're leading the race then Nina

Hope that weather forecast improves for Sunday, wet isn't the nicest option for your first event.

Cheers, David
Old 8 Jun 2009, 14:25 (Ref:2477706)   #21
Norbert
Racer

England
Norbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a good day on Luffield In yesterday. Apologies to those on post with me for putting my report pads away before the last race of the day (FPA).

Hope Nina enjoyed her day, shame she didn't make it to the end of the second race.

I personally thought the driving standards in the FPA left a bit to be desired! Particularly during the first race!
Old 8 Jun 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2477798)   #22
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
I would like to thank all the marshals who supported MSVR at this meeting. Dave Scott has asked me to thank everyone from him for the generous gesture of you all missing the lunch break on Sunday which meant all the competitors got their full races.

As some of you know I was in Jersey for the weekend, but I was thinking of you all!

The winner of the Formula Jaguar drive was Nigel Godding.

If any of you would like to do the FIA Formula Two meeting at Donington on 15th and 16th August then please let me know.

Best regards

Fay
Old 8 Jun 2009, 18:27 (Ref:2477843)   #23
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
Had a good day on Luffield In yesterday.
Hope Nina enjoyed her day, shame she didn't make it to the end of the second race.
Hi Norbert

Nina and I had a great day - some dramas one mechanical and of course the off. We have noticed from the in car video that Nina swerved to avoid quite a large bit of debris on the apex of Brooklands and that put her wide at Luffield in - which is why she went off. Any ideas what the debris was - might have been a floppy?

Anyway for those that are interested I will post a blog later and put a link to it in this thread.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 20:04 (Ref:2477908)   #24
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think you will find that it WAS a floppy Tony. There were 3 there at the start of the race,and guess what....NONE at the end!!!
Glad Nina enjoyed her first day racing, we all hope to see her again.
Oh by the way, did you get out of the BRDC enclosure OK?
Old 9 Jun 2009, 07:39 (Ref:2478180)   #25
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
I think you will find that it WAS a floppy Tony. There were 3 there at the start of the race,and guess what....NONE at the end!!!
Glad Nina enjoyed her first day racing, we all hope to see her again.
Oh by the way, did you get out of the BRDC enclosure OK?
Yes - we've established that the leaders banged doors and one went through the floppies. Saw this on one of their in car vids. They had just lapped Nina and she was next through - instead of running other the floppy she naturally swerved slightly to the left which put her off line and wide on the exit - as soon as the nearside two wheels went into the gravel she steered straight to avoid a roll or further loss of control and stopped on the "other" pit entrance having gone throught the gravel. She said it was damned bumpy and uncomfortable. Unfortunately the car stalled and then the starter solenoid jammed so she couldn't restart and had a DNF. She was rescued by John and Bob then towed in behind Daisy. In the first race we had a mechanical failure just as she was catching the car in front by well over a sec a lap - she pitted and was lucky the race was red flagged as it was put back a lap - meaning she did get a classification of 24 out of 30. Will put in a blog for full details when I have written it!

BTW ALL the drivers in the MR2 Series want to pass on their gratitude for you guys in taking no lunch break. Thank you all very much. We are sure had there been cancellations ours would have been the first casualty.

Yes we finally got out of the BRDC stand by climbing the fence at the front - I might mention this to Penny as what if one of us had been elderly or diabled! THey should check before locking up. We then went and saw Bob and John who were still clearing up the FPA crash