Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Feb 2007, 14:40 (Ref:1831926)   #1
Peddler
Racer

Australia
Camden, NSW
Peddler has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
HRT/Skaife crash in testing at Winton today ?

Guys, i heard from someone today who believes that MS crashed heavily in a test session today at Winton. I have not been able to find out if this is factual or not... does anyone know anything ?

Go the Datto!!!
Old 2 Feb 2007, 15:11 (Ref:1831946)   #2
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which part of the circuit?
Old 2 Feb 2007, 18:58 (Ref:1832102)   #3
hrt_rulz01
Racer

Australia
Australia
hrt_rulz01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is this true or not? they were supposed to be testing on the 19th??
Old 2 Feb 2007, 23:19 (Ref:1832245)   #4
Peddler
Racer

Australia
Camden, NSW
i dont know... i am still trying to find out. I thought if anywhere i would be able to find out on this site

anyone?

Go the Datto!!!
Old 2 Feb 2007, 23:24 (Ref:1832250)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The gang hasnt all been thru the 10/10ths gates today, give it some time.

Despite the "official" test day not coming up for a few weeks, it has me wondering if the first VE built by HRT/WP will ever be logbooked as a V8Supercar? It is more than possible that this is the vehicle that has been scratched... if a vehicle has been scratched at all......

The BA Ford that Mr Hoinville's mob built never was, and debuted at Bathurst with a sequential box with Mr Johnson aboard for show purposes... and has since had the ring rung out of it at YouYangs, and as a show car with various team liveries aboard....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 Feb 2007, 23:49 (Ref:1832271)   #6
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard Jamie Whincup & Craig Lowndes crashed in testing at QR yesterday... They were practicing blocking techniques to take the challenge up to TWPG cars ... and Jamie forgot to brake and took out Craig, who in turn crashed into Paul Morris who was testing there yesterday as well... Morris speared across the infield and took out Russell & Courtney who were going through the motions for SBR.. Russell rolled his car, and Steven Johnson had nowhere to go, and poor old Will, he was involved in other peoples accidents again...and T boned Johno....

Can anyone else confirm this????? It's from a really good source... my Kiwi mate Les Tartaruma.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 00:04 (Ref:1832274)   #7
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Head Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km
I heard Jamie Whincup & Craig Lowndes crashed in testing at QR yesterday... They were practicing blocking techniques to take the challenge up to TWPG cars ... and Jamie forgot to brake and took out Craig, who in turn crashed into Paul Morris who was testing there yesterday as well... Morris speared across the infield and took out Russell & Courtney who were going through the motions for SBR.. Russell rolled his car, and Steven Johnson had nowhere to go, and poor old Will, he was involved in other peoples accidents again...and T boned Johno....

Can anyone else confirm this????? It's from a really good source... my Kiwi mate Les Tartaruma.
I heard a different version of this accident at QR from my source, Itis Aruma, and yes, he is from NZ as well, what a coincidence.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 00:21 (Ref:1832279)   #8
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Rev
I heard a different version of this accident at QR from my source, Itis Aruma, and yes, he is from NZ as well, what a coincidence.
Must be cousins...

On the Winton one... News just in, there is footage of the illegal secret test day crash by HRT, by all accounts the mobile phone video footage is rather dynamik.. its on U Tube for those that want to view it... posted by W.O Mera.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 01:56 (Ref:1832316)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
LOL

Very inventive guys

Is it April 1st ??

Im taking it that this "alleged " Crash by Skaifey didnt happen at all then ?
Old 3 Feb 2007, 01:56 (Ref:1832317)   #10
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
On the Winton one... News just in, there is footage of the illegal secret test day crash by HRT, by all accounts the mobile phone video footage is rather dynamik.. its on U Tube for those that want to view it... posted by W.O Mera.
Ok, whats the video title?
Old 3 Feb 2007, 02:11 (Ref:1832324)   #11
Lukin
Racer

Australia
Perth
Lukin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you guys suffer badly from cramp or do you alternate hands?
Old 3 Feb 2007, 02:30 (Ref:1832329)   #12
Peddler
Racer

Australia
Camden, NSW
I am simply trying to confirm if what i heard was correct! As per usual... threads on this site get taken over by off-topic spammers who think that they are entertaining. If you know anything, let us know... if you dont go back to whatever else you were doing

Go the Datto!!!
Old 3 Feb 2007, 02:45 (Ref:1832332)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
LOL

Very inventive guys

Is it April 1st ??

Im taking it that this "alleged " Crash by Skaifey didnt happen at all then ?
Peddler has heard that it did happen... no reason so far to suggest it has or hasnt... Its all quiet from the powder room but they are busy trying to get their own cars ready for Adelaide...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 3 Feb 2007, 02:55 (Ref:1832335)   #14
Lukin
Racer

Australia
Perth
Lukin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok then. It didn't happen.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 06:22 (Ref:1832365)   #15
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it did happen what would be the usual course of action as far as announcements/press releases etc? ie is the fact that there has been no statement an indicator that nothing happened, or could it mean something may have happened that they don't want known?
Old 3 Feb 2007, 10:01 (Ref:1832440)   #16
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Must be cousins...

You better shut up or me and Raglan Parade might have to come and rain on yours and give you the bash!

Bringing our good Kiwi name into disrepute is quite an offence...so we might have to bring Jonah Lomu since he is bigger than both of us.

Shiver in your shoes aye bro!
Old 3 Feb 2007, 10:02 (Ref:1832442)   #17
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
You better shut up or me and Raglan Parade might have to come and rain on yours and give you the bash!

Bringing our good Kiwi name into disrepute is quite an offence...so we might have to bring Jonah Lomu since he is bigger than both of us.

Shiver in your shoes aye bro!
Can't we take Shane Cameron instead??
Old 3 Feb 2007, 11:03 (Ref:1832464)   #18
Lowndesfan6
Racer

Lowndesfan6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rest assured, Skaifey was not in any accident, he has been at my place for the last three days. He's safe and well, and having a quiet giggle in the corner, whilst reading all the rumourmongering.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 11:06 (Ref:1832466)   #19
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndesfan6
Rest assured, Skaifey was not in any accident, he has been at my place for the last three days. He's safe and well, and having a quiet giggle in the corner, whilst reading all the rumourmongering.
People have been committed for less than that.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 11:39 (Ref:1832492)   #20
dirttrack
Racer

dirttrack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Testing crashes are more common than you may think. If this one did happen it wasn't in his race car due to the testing ban that runs until the middle of this month.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 11:49 (Ref:1832498)   #21
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would say someone has had a dream somewhere along the line of this rumour.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 3 Feb 2007 at 11:52.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 20:57 (Ref:1832808)   #22
Lowndesfan6
Racer

Lowndesfan6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally hate the guy, just thought I'd get in on the rumours.

If I was dreaming, he would have defininately crashed the Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) car.
Old 4 Feb 2007, 00:33 (Ref:1832909)   #23
hrt_rulz01
Racer

Australia
Australia
hrt_rulz01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndesfan6
I personally hate the guy, just thought I'd get in on the rumours.

If I was dreaming, he would have defininately crashed the Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) car.
thats nice of you to say...
Old 4 Feb 2007, 01:06 (Ref:1832923)   #24
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
no news is good news.

thread closed
Old 4 Feb 2007, 07:19 (Ref:1833023)   #25
grange54
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
grange54 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I ventured to a raceway situated in North East Victoria today and had some discussions with those that would know. It was clearly stated that one
M. Skaife has not been at the circuit this week and had definately not been involved in a on track incident unless of course he was wearing leathers and fell out of a side car on Friday.
It was further gleamed from those who should know, that the level one teams are still some 2 weeks off hitting the circuit for the first test session of 2007.
I hope that this information will allay the fears of HRT and Holden supporters that Mr Skaife's 2007 season is following on from his 2006 disaster.