Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 Jan 2004, 18:07 (Ref:834492)   #1
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sports Car GT

Having remembered you lot all raving about this one I decided to try and find a copy on ebay and have put in a bid for. Any info on where to get downloads etc would be great. Also, am I right in thinking it's similar to GPL handling wise?
Old 11 Jan 2004, 18:22 (Ref:834500)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No. In simple terms, although I was an SCGT addict, the handling is nothing like as good (real-feeling, if you like) as GPL. It is a very good sportscar sim though - IMO far far better than the various mods for the other F1 series of games. The Le Mans track made by Matt Lucas is superb - you can have it with or without chicanes, even!

As for downloads, I'm completely out of touch with SCGT. I used to have a whole CD of them, but I haven't a clue where it is. I've only driven SCGT once in a year and a half.......
Old 11 Jan 2004, 18:24 (Ref:834501)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BTW, I don't know if its still the same now, but the process of modding SCGT was far more technical than GPL - lots of utilities needed and so on. Good fun to work on graphics for the cars - even though the most I ever did was the rear wing of a 917. When you look for add-ons, go for the 917s and McLaren F1s - absolutely awesome.
Old 11 Jan 2004, 18:25 (Ref:834503)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
BTW2 - If you do a search here, you're bound to throw up more info Damon - SCGT has been mentioned a few times before, for sure....
Old 11 Jan 2004, 18:50 (Ref:834519)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
good idea, probably should have thought of that.
Old 11 Jan 2004, 19:00 (Ref:834528)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damon, if you are looking for downloads I would point you in the direction of http://www.speedsims.com/ they have something like 2000+ cars to download, that not just sportscars, there are Indycar, F1, Touring Cars, Rally Cars etc oh and they also have around 300 tracks to download aswell.

Another site well worth checking out is http://home.freeuk.net/jrknight/scgt/ it does not have as many downloads, but it does have quite a good users guide.
Old 11 Jan 2004, 19:07 (Ref:834538)   #7
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Cheers for those rob.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 12:25 (Ref:835291)   #8
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah...the classic that is SCGT.

Haven't played it in a while, I used to have loads of mods for it, like the full ETCC grid from 2001, a couple of BTCC Accords, Volvos, Mondeos etc, even that B&Q Integra! My fave were the Labatts Sierra of Tim Harvey, and a couple of Lotus Cortina Mk1's that I had...

Best go and find the disc now.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 13:09 (Ref:835335)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It certainly was/is a classic. I think I must have downloaded about 300 cars. Every sports car you can imagine, to really stupid things like a go-kart and an RV. It was also very good in the way you could adjust the engine wavs as well. Some lovely beefy V8 growls available. When I was driving SCGT the most, I was running with full grids of McLaren F1s and nothing else. I had downloaded every F1 I could find although my favourites were the Gulf longtails and a plain unlivered white one.

You know, if it wasn't for the fact that I've lost a lot of the downloads I had, I could be tempted to install it again......
Old 12 Jan 2004, 13:14 (Ref:835338)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Here's some links from a search:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=SCGT

(A lot of links in the first post - although I don't know how many are still "live".....)

Old 12 Jan 2004, 13:20 (Ref:835344)   #11
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he he .. haven't played it in a few years .. ... but i'm gonna stick to GPL but one day . maybe i'll buy it ..

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Jan 2004, 13:32 (Ref:835368)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There's actually something in that Dani. I find it difficult to spread my time between two sims. With GPL and SCGT for instance, the driving experience is actually very different indeed (IMO). If you drive one for a long time and then back to another, it feels very strange. I'm not prepared to run the risk of spoiling my GPL experience right now for a few laps of SCGT - besides, it could spark off another addiction!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 12 Jan 2004 at 13:32.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 14:08 (Ref:835393)   #13
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lol ... something like that ..and anyway .. even if i will start to play it again . it will be just occasionaly .. for the fun .. maybe network play .. without beeing almoas proffesional as is GPL

Ciao Marco
Old 23 Jan 2004, 10:08 (Ref:848000)   #14
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Ok, I've got the game now but need a little help. Is there any way to get this game to recognise my USB wheel? Without it this is a bit of a waste of time!
Old 23 Jan 2004, 13:23 (Ref:848181)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Erm. Not sure. I'm fairly certain that the last time I drove SCGT it was with my MOMO. But I could be wrong - its a long time since I drove SCGT.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 18:42 (Ref:848543)   #16
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Does your momo connect through the game port or USB?
Old 23 Jan 2004, 21:54 (Ref:848746)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
USB only. But my old yellow Logi had a dual connector, so I might be confusing it with that.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 21:57 (Ref:848753)   #18
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
hmmm. I fear I made need to go pick up a cheap game port wheel for this then.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 23:08 (Ref:848802)   #19
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Well I got it working by running it through the profiler. It's quite good but the handling is very simplistic compared to what I'm used to. A lot of fun none the less, although very easy if my first race in career mode is anything to go by. Is there a way of making the AI more difficult to beat?
Old 23 Jan 2004, 23:46 (Ref:848847)   #20
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
well .. it gets harder when you get to the fast cars ... but wasn't to hard even with the keys

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Jan 2004, 00:35 (Ref:848899)   #21
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Cheers, Dani. I guess I'll work my way through and see how it goes.
Old 24 Jan 2004, 09:38 (Ref:849136)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I assume you know the cheats for all cars and tracks?
Old 24 Jan 2004, 10:36 (Ref:849173)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damon, you could always play it with the cursor keys, it's er interesting.......
Old 25 Jan 2004, 21:06 (Ref:850253)   #24
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
yeah .. it's er .. interesting . .. but it's far easier than gpl with keys

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Jan 2004, 10:39 (Ref:850818)   #25
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey, I used the keys too!

I found it VERY easy, once you fully tuned that 4wd #33 BMW from the GT3(?) class, you could win any class.