Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 Apr 2004, 17:59 (Ref:936631)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GPL Ladder Anyone?

Anyone taken a look at this "GPL Ladder" business? pirenzo introduced it to me today. I had no idea I was on it! (You can be on it without knowing).

Take a look:

GPL Ladder

I can see 4 of us on it -

Me - 83rd
pirenzo - 90th
Richard - 333rd
Owen - 416th

I haven't yet worked out the intricacies of how it calculates your placing.....
Old 11 Apr 2004, 18:25 (Ref:936644)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
there's some wierd statistical formula called "the Elo Ranking System" or something like that...
Old 11 Apr 2004, 18:30 (Ref:936648)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I just took another look, although, having read everyhting on the site (and a few bits at RSC), I still don't understand it at all.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 19:00 (Ref:936654)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
me neither
Old 11 Apr 2004, 19:48 (Ref:936681)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Ayse, noticed on RSC that you've put your ladder position in your signature line, that's gonna be hard to keep up-to-date. You position changes virtually every time it's updated as people pass you, or fall behind you...
Old 11 Apr 2004, 20:49 (Ref:936726)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh well, its here now as well. I shall be checking it regularly anyway......
Old 12 Apr 2004, 09:05 (Ref:937121)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Does it make any difference the type of races you run? I mean, its a lot more difficult to win a Pro race than a novice.......
Old 12 Apr 2004, 12:30 (Ref:937269)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
not sure...
Old 12 Apr 2004, 18:38 (Ref:937479)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You're now up to 57th p, while I have dropped to 86th. Haven't checked on Rich or Owen.

There is now a move for drivers to register for the ladder and a new GPLLUM for this purpose. See the thread on RSC.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 19:40 (Ref:937538)   #10
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
brilliant
I'll take a look.
EDIT: hmm, i seem to be 58th, and you seem to be 91st now Ayse...

Last edited by pirenzo; 12 Apr 2004 at 19:42.
Old 12 Apr 2004, 20:02 (Ref:937560)   #11
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ok,

I've had a look at the thread, but how did you guys end up on it in the first place?
Old 12 Apr 2004, 20:18 (Ref:937581)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
by the virtue of the way results are uploaded.

There are two ways:

1) You upload them yourself with GPL Ladder Upload Manager (GPLLUM)
When an online races finished you need to click the export button on the Official Standings page. This is what you upload.

2) Some servers will upload the results from their races for you. e.g. Pipe and Slipper Racing (PASR)
So if you join a race from that server, you will be put on the Ladder
That's how Ayse, Richard and Owen are on it. I knew about it before hand and uploaded a few of my own results.

Now to be on it you'll have to register.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 07:08 (Ref:937894)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We're now 59th and 92nd, respectively.....

I really can't work this out. Some guy who was about 4 places below me two days ago did 2 races, finished 3rd in one and 6th or 7th in the other, and gained 20 points. I've put up about 6-7 races in the last 2 days, which included one win and several 2nds and 3rds, and I'm dropping points all over the place.......
Old 13 Apr 2004, 10:33 (Ref:938086)   #14
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Look at your TDF...
your score is calculated on your race results and then times by your TDF. If your TDF is low your score will be lowered significantly. Which is why people don't like it. It's supposed to make sure you race all the tracks equally, but in fact it's a pain in the arse, cos you can pour all you efforts in and win a number of races, yet if you do them all at just a couple of tracks, it'll all be nullified. When you go to GPLL, check the "ratings(full)" list and scan along to where it says how many races you've done at each track to try and see where you need to do more races.
From what i can see you've done 4, 5 or 6 races at most tracks, but some you've only done 2, and you've done no races at Monaco or any addon tracks. So that's what you've gotta do to improve.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 12:01 (Ref:938189)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think this is the problem with it, this tdf business is far too complicated. I mean there are drivers way up above me who almost exclusively drive 1 or 2 chassis. I drive 'em all. OK, I don't drive Monaco much (coz I hate the place), but over the weekend, I topped up my Nurbys and Zandys and dropped like a stone in the ladder. As I said in a post on RSC, the points calculation needs to be simplified and de-mystified so at least gimboids like me can understand it.
Old 14 Apr 2004, 17:18 (Ref:939637)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'm getting a little frustrated with this ladder business. I thought I wouod get some good points out of a second place at Goodwood (from last night's race), but I'm still 92nd in the ladder, 11 points worse off than I was a few days ago.......
Old 16 Apr 2004, 21:06 (Ref:942108)   #17
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
yeah, but Ayse, the wider the gulf between the circuits you do race and the one's you don't is what matters. Having lots of races at all the tracks apart from Monaco is gonna hurt badly. The other route is that you can race a few tracks and win all of them
But yeah, it's very irritating
Old 21 Apr 2004, 16:25 (Ref:946845)   #18
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
oh dear...

Ayse's slipped to 135th, whereas i haven't driven for a week and a half and i'm now up to 55th:confused:
Old 21 Apr 2004, 17:09 (Ref:946881)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
To be honest, I'm getting pretty fed up with this ladder business. I realise that others may be doing a lot better than me, but dropping over 40 places inside 10 days or so seems a bit extreme. I was also rather miffed to pick up 6-7 points or so from Goodwood the other night for 2nd place, when Owen got 56 for winning it.......
Old 21 Apr 2004, 17:11 (Ref:946883)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
yeah, but Ayse, the wider the gulf between the circuits you do race and the one's you don't is what matters. Having lots of races at all the tracks apart from Monaco is gonna hurt badly. The other route is that you can race a few tracks and win all of them
But yeah, it's very irritating

But I really do race loads of difefrent tracks, including add-ons. I even looked for a Monaco race the other day, just for the sake of it, but there were none to be found. There are loads of guys seemingly doing an awful lot better than me who run with limited chassis on a small number of circuits (so it seems). I guess I just need to start winning a few of them - you seem to get little for anything less than first place......
Old 21 Apr 2004, 18:31 (Ref:946960)   #21
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
i noticed in the calculation for it that there's a part of it that is either multiplied by 1 for a win, or 0 for anything else. Which means unless you win you lose a large chunk of the result...
Old 21 Apr 2004, 18:38 (Ref:946970)   #22
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to be fair i did win by a loooong way!!!
Old 29 Apr 2004, 11:56 (Ref:955628)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't think the distance you win by makes any difference........
Old 29 Apr 2004, 15:10 (Ref:955834)   #24
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
nope
Old 30 Apr 2004, 12:27 (Ref:956830)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I did two online races last night and won them both.

So I should be about 246th on the next ladder update........