Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 29 May 2006, 15:54 (Ref:1622144)   #1
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV's lack of options for 2007

Seems like our old pal Jacques is having a wee bit of difficulty securing a race seat for next year.

Options?
Old 29 May 2006, 16:02 (Ref:1622152)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BMW or nothing IMO. And it looks like Kubica will take that seat.

Which is a shame, as Jacques has done a great job so far in 2006 proving the doubters wrong in many respects.

However, on the other hand, he's lucky to have been given the extra chances so perhaps he can be happy with his lot.
Old 29 May 2006, 16:03 (Ref:1622153)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver
Options?
His performances this year have mostly been adequate, though not outstanding. If he wants options, it is time to become outstanding, or leave F1.
Old 29 May 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1622155)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, this sure didn't take long to resurface again.
Old 29 May 2006, 16:12 (Ref:1622161)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Villeneuve seems concerned:

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...29163041.shtml

I'd say it is early yet though.....a lot can happen in the driver market yet.
Old 29 May 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1622167)   #6
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I tend to agree with Martin Brundle... Villeneuve is driving better than he has done at any point since winning the WDC in a Williams. No reason to my mind why he shouldn't get an offer for next year. It may depend how much he wants to continue if he's not in a competitive car.
Old 29 May 2006, 16:26 (Ref:1622173)   #7
pforrester
Racer

England
Leek, Staffs
pforrester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't laugh, but I'd like to see Villeneuve at Renault (or, to be more precise, I'd be interested to see him there) - let's face it, Flavio gave him a chance (for whatever reason) at the end of 2004. But it doesn't matter how well he's driving, it'd still be a massive risk.

So to come back to reality (however briefly), I'm really not sure where he'd go if BMW don't want him. Would Williams take him if Webber moved on? Doubt it. Ferrari and McLaren might have slots, but again, almost certainly not. So then we're onto the midfield (and below) teams.

I've enjoyed the rejuvenated JV this season; it would be something of a shame to see him forced to leave F1.
Old 29 May 2006, 17:13 (Ref:1622211)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pforrester
I've enjoyed the rejuvenated JV this season; it would be something of a shame to see him forced to leave F1.
I agree.

Had he left at the end of 2005, I wouldn't have been disappointed, but his performances in the early part 2006 have led me to believe that he is returning to the sort of form which made him World Champion.

I too would love to see him in the Renault next season but I don't think that's likely to occur.
Old 29 May 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1622222)   #9
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW Sauber is probably his best bet, but it looks like nothing has been offered so far. Renault would be his wet dream come true (again) and Trulli's seat at Toyota may also be an option.

Other than those, I don't see anything else.

Any other ideas?
-
Old 29 May 2006, 18:45 (Ref:1622275)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I can think of several drivers that at the moment are performing below JV's standards and are in (potentially) better cars.No names mentioned,as the exploding head count will no doubt go through the roof.
Old 29 May 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1622293)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, yeah, well... HEY, guys, we're at almost the half of the season, isn't it too early ?????

Just keep doing the good work and offers will come...
Old 29 May 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1622299)   #12
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I say Champcar is where he should be. That kind of enviroment would suit him perfectly.
Old 29 May 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1622307)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He deserves something....for sure...and there are still a lot of un confirmed seats... If he keeps performing the way he is i think he will should get something somewhere

BMW seem set on Kubica...so i cant see him staying there
Old 29 May 2006, 19:30 (Ref:1622310)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
I say Champcar is where he should be. That kind of enviroment would suit him perfectly.
Problem is, JV has said a million times that American Open Wheel Racing does not appeal in any way, due to the split situation.
Old 29 May 2006, 20:03 (Ref:1622347)   #15
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I reckon he will stay ay Bmw.
He's not doing a bad job, seen him improve as the season has progressed
Old 29 May 2006, 21:04 (Ref:1622396)   #16
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW would be stupid to get rid of him now anyway IMO. He is quick and a PR dream.
Old 30 May 2006, 03:02 (Ref:1622566)   #17
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qually in Monaco was ok. Yesterday's race was awful.

I was about to dig out the Heidfeld v. JV thread to simply post: "Advantage back to Heidfeld" when I saw this thread from my friend Quicksand. I could not refrain from putting a toe in it such that, here I am, debatting in the mud while sinking in it.

For the moment, I am looking forward to the Montreal GP. Twice a week I go to work on my bike. On my way, I make a lap of the Gilles Villeneuve circuit while it is still open to the the public. I just do hope JV will have a good race there while fearing like hell the "Bienvenue au Québec" wall where JV ended up twice in previous GPs.

I still believe that JV deserves as much to remain in F1, if not more, than Fisico, RB, Trulli, Coulthard, JPM, TS, NH and RS. I reckon though that he is aging and that he lost a good deal of his aggressivity and impetuosity on the track since his big crash in Australia.

I was very disappointed when Sir Frank Williams did not live up to his word when they did not get him to test for them in 2003 (contrary to what FW had said to the local press at the occasion of the Montreal GP). Williams had then jumped on the occasion of signing the ungrateful Button (this led to Buttongate No.1 what ultimately benefited to Quick Nick). However, I would like and still have some hopes that JV might end up at Williams where he started his f1 career. This would close the loop.

In other words, his future depends very much upon whether MS will retire or not and upon what will Renault do. If Webber goes to Renault, this might open a door for JV at Williams.

Bononi is right, it is way too early to speculate but here we go, again...
Old 30 May 2006, 03:53 (Ref:1622592)   #18
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The problem is that guys like Rosberg, Kubica and Kovalainen have adapted so quickly to Formula One that team owners are not looking at a 34 year old (?) with only a couple of years left.

They are looking for the next big thing - the next Kimi or Nico or Fernando.

I think Jacques has done everything possible to retain his seat - however I fear he won't and I fear no other team will have any interest.

Perhaps he can have a swansong with Prodrive and David Richards in 2008?
Old 30 May 2006, 03:58 (Ref:1622594)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Perhaps he can have a swansong with Prodrive and David Richards in 2008?
Perhaps if he commited a crime, got caught, then got convicted, and thus was given community service by a vindictive judge whom happens to be an F1 fan with an axe to grind...
Old 30 May 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1622711)   #20
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he could find himself at Williams next season.

Kimi to Ferrari
Alonso to McLaren
Webber to Renault
JV to Williams
Kubica to BMW

It is unlikely that Toyota will keep its current driver line up, and its unlikely that Massa will be at Ferrari next season unless MS retires.
Old 30 May 2006, 09:05 (Ref:1622730)   #21
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
JV to Williams isn't entirely out of this world. It would be out of him and Wurz when ( )Webber moves to renault, I know who I'd be putting my money on. (JV)
Old 30 May 2006, 09:11 (Ref:1622738)   #22
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, JV always has the option to actually QUIT. He's not 20, and he's not THAT good. He's more or less like Coulthard.....
Old 30 May 2006, 09:16 (Ref:1622743)   #23
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I don't understand.

Any driver has the option to 'QUIT'!
Old 30 May 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1622751)   #24
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be interested to see JV line up against DC somehow...
Old 30 May 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1622756)   #25
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think JV days in F1 is over and I believe Wurz must have negotiated a deal with williams to get a race seat before he left mclaren. Hence if Webber leave, Wurz should get the seat.

I would prefer to see JV joining A1GP. His presence will definitely make A1GP more interesting.
Closed Thread