Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jan 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1508878)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
'Fiat don't fund Ferrari' - Montezemolo

Interesting quotes on F1-LIVE....

In light of these comments the controversial FIA-Ferrari 'cosy up' becomes even more significant?!

Also if Fiat is nothing to do with funding Ferrari's F1 effort no wonder they are so keen to hang onto Phillip Morris in the face of anti tobacco legislation...

Or is it that Fiat don;t have any money left to give them anyway?
Old 25 Jan 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1508889)   #2
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they usually never gave them money directly . they had Iveco trucks for free i belive and stuff like that ..

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Jan 2006, 17:53 (Ref:1508968)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Ferari have carried the the word "FIAT" on their engine covers since the '70's and now on the winglets because they think it looks pretty?
Old 25 Jan 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1509077)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I think the idea was probably suggesting that FIAT gives minimal support in the manufacturer sense.

That is, Honda/Renault/BMW will pump a lot more into their respective outfits than FIAT will with Ferrari.

I imagine that was the point trying to be made.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1509081)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
The FIA funds Ferrari.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 21:36 (Ref:1509104)   #6
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where has this extra T come from then Monster ??
Old 25 Jan 2006, 23:20 (Ref:1509157)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
The FIA funds Ferrari.
They have switched to Briatore lately, then...
Old 26 Jan 2006, 00:03 (Ref:1509176)   #8
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could think of many names starting with T that id happily put after the FIA
Old 26 Jan 2006, 00:47 (Ref:1509184)   #9
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
I could think of many names starting with T that id happily put after the FIA
Yeah, you're right.

It is indeed totally, titanically, tremendously and triumphantly talented.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 07:34 (Ref:1509256)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Federation
Internationale
de
l'Automobile
de
Torino

Easy
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Jan 2006, 07:39 (Ref:1509257)   #11
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was thinking moreso Turmoil
Old 26 Jan 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1509304)   #12
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Federation
Internationale
de
l'Automobile
de
******s
Old 26 Jan 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1509372)   #13
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I guess nothing much has changed...

The next 'issue' on the horizon - tobacco advertising and F1 on tv:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tourer
2003 manufacturer team budgets. (figures from F1 Business)

Ferrari
Total budget -$303M
Ferrari input $65M cash
Fiat input $5M cash - $8M non cash
Old 26 Jan 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1509405)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well source nkh. Thanks for making the effort to find that.
You could probably argue that $5m is practically zero in modern budgets!
Old 26 Jan 2006, 13:38 (Ref:1509437)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes, that is an interesting set of figures, so Montezemolo's comments are more believable than unbelievable.

So if Fiat have only been putting token amounts (for F1 standards anyway!!) into it it's no wonder there's this big debate about Philip Morris long term involvement and the loss of 'other' sponsors to rival teams.

Ferrari must be more eager than ususal to find money, i.e Martini, or for PM to do it for them?
Old 26 Jan 2006, 16:48 (Ref:1509533)   #16
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I thought it was well established that FIAT play an insignificant role in the income of the Ferrari F1 team?

Apparently not.
Old 27 Jan 2006, 01:18 (Ref:1509829)   #17
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Likewise. They don't actually have the financial resources to throw away on F1 the way Mercedes or BMW can.

It is more a token contribution in light of the connection between the companies.
Old 27 Jan 2006, 12:36 (Ref:1510082)   #18
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Fair point, but it's normal to assume that any factory entered racing team is backed quite heavily by the owning/parent company with additional support brought into supplement it, not the other way round as it appears is the case these days with Ferrari.

Besides, I would have thought none of the big car makers can afford to spend anything like the amounts they do in real terms!!

This lack of Fiat financial involvement makes the notional link between the FIA and Ferrari more significant, certainly with regard to the long term involvement of them (as has discussed many times before) with F1, in part assisted by that bond they are given every year as part of the Concorde Agreement and all that.

It's not just that Ferrari is the most important team to F1/FIA being the reason why they receive this money but perhaps actually more to do with helping keep them in it!

I'd guess overall that Fiat gains merit from Ferrari's exploits in any case, so the fact that they don't spend any real sums on the team is a major bonus to them.
Old 27 Jan 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1510093)   #19
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess $5m don't take long to meet in terms of trucks, trailers etc, as someone mentioned earlier.