Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 29 Dec 2003, 22:47 (Ref:822955)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
A Friendly Reminder

This was posted, not long ago, as a team effort from Craig and your mod staff. We took it down from "Hot Topic" in the hopes that it wouldn't have to be brought back up anytime soon.

Take a minute and re-read it. I believe that I'm speaking for all the mods when I tell you that I have alot more fun reading this forum than I do moderating it.

The following WILL be enforced.

Quote:
All discussions must remain in their relevant forum.
Indycar is to be discussed on the ChampCar forum ONLY if and when the subject has direct relevance to ChampCars. And vice-versa.

Constructive criticism is welcomed.
Hey... Not all's perfect, and there will always be negative things about either series which are worthy of discussion. But no "bashing", either of a series, its drivers, or its staff.

All general forum behaviour rules must be followed.
This one is obvious. Never forget that this is a family forum, to be perused by all ages. No deliberate dodging of the auto-censor, (unless you're trying to type in Hiro's last name), and certainly NO personal attacks of any kind. Likewise flame-baiting or trolling will not be tolerated. For more info feel free to follow this link...
http://tentenths.com/forum/mis...age=1#behaviour

This is a motorsport discussion board.
If you wish to discuss politics or nationalities, use your favourite search engine and find the proper forum.

Got a gripe with the moderators?
That's cool. That's your right. But bring it up, either via PM or in the "Announcements and Feedback" forum, not here.

Have fun!
But this one's up to you.

Last edited by macdaddy; 29 Dec 2003 at 22:50.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 22:51 (Ref:822962)   #2
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With your permission, macdaddy, I've sticked it to the top so everyone sees it. It's good to be reminded of the rules every now and then, otherwise they get bent and changed. (Just look at the FIA rules! )
Old 30 Dec 2003, 01:27 (Ref:823121)   #3
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After some of the behaviour in the "Franchitti" thread, a little reminder now and then is not only necessary, but warrented!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 01:41 (Ref:823128)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes mommy!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 30 Dec 2003, 01:53 (Ref:823135)   #5
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as drinking bottled water isn't mandatory I'm cool with the rules.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 02:20 (Ref:823155)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moderators will now be patrolling with big sticks. You have been warned!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 05:42 (Ref:823269)   #7
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I am glad to know my record is perfect for making people angry!! LOL
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 23:32 (Ref:824024)   #8
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Yes mommy!
Here's your pacifier,hon
Now, behave...or you'll be spanked!

Seriously, this is a nice place and let's all of us keep it that way, please.
Have a Happy New Year!

Last edited by MLM; 30 Dec 2003 at 23:35.
Old 5 Jan 2004, 18:57 (Ref:828637)   #9
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I think we can let this thread fade away now.
Thanks, everybody.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 00:32 (Ref:847678)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
time to bring it back me thinks
Old 23 Jan 2004, 09:14 (Ref:847933)   #11
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've just had to edit three posts in the past couple of days about snide nicknames for the IRL. I'm not sure What it's gonna take to get your people to stop and just grow up, but I think myself and my fellow mods will have to take an nazi-like approach to this issue.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 11:50 (Ref:848105)   #12
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frankly, once the sale is approved, things will change around here. For certain members, have fun while you can.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 12:28 (Ref:848140)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People who come here only to incide rioting ought to stifle themselves too. You know who you are. Concern and anxiety are one thing; dancing on empty graves and taunting the Champ Car fans is quite another. This is not tolerated in any other forum and I am frankly surprised that it is not only tolerated but allowed to flourish here.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 13:54 (Ref:848228)   #14
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What you say, Liuza, is true, but obviously is also true about taunting IRL
Old 23 Jan 2004, 14:07 (Ref:848245)   #15
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz, I know you have stayed out of the fray, but for those of us that entered into it, and have a sometimes different point of view, almost all of our posts have been respectful, well thought out, and hopefully thought provoking. I only rarely see a post that is outright taunting, or appears to be people "dancing on graves" of CART fans.

I think those of us who are percieved to be on the other side of this, have held our tongue very well, even when being maligned and our opinions attacked by not so flattering posts. Theres a very elitist attitude held by many here, far worse than the "notorius" F1 forum, and if you don't tow the company line here, you are un-fairly branded.

My hats off to the mods! We've certainly kept you busy in this off-season!

Danica Patrick
Old 23 Jan 2004, 17:04 (Ref:848439)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'd have to exclude Rush1 from the Voice of Reason side of the discussion, right?

Anxiety and concern are one thing, but dancing on empty graves and taunting the Champ Car people ought not to be allowed. There are people here who do that and nothing is done.

But I am staying out of it. Lord knows I have plenty to do in sports cars.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 17:23 (Ref:848457)   #17
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
You people want "something done"?
Okay. Cool with me.

In the last few hours, I've had to close a thread, and edit or delete four or five posts. I've received more "warnings" in this time period than I had in the last few weeks.

It has been suggested that your mods take a "zero tolerance" policy on this board for the time being. This is not something that I, personally, wanted to do, but...

I strongly suggest you re-read those rules, folks.

Granted, right now it's inevitable that we discuss Tony George and the IRL on the ChampCar board. But what we have to discuss is their asset bid. Not the safety of their cars or series, not their personalities or their IQ's. I don't want to read any more character assassinations.

In the past, it's been suggested that I've editted posts for little reason. To that I say... "You ain't seen nothin' yet!"

To recap...

- Discussions remain relevant to ChampCars.
- No bashing. Including series, drivers and staff.
- Watch your use of asterisks and the number "1".
- No personal attacks. (Mudslinging) Against anybody.
- No flame-baiting / trolling.

Something needs to be done. And so consider our gloves off.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 17:31 (Ref:848465)   #18
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
You people want "something done"?
Okay. Cool with me.
I don't want anything done. I believe in feedom of speach.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 23 Jan 2004, 17:34 (Ref:848469)   #19
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
I know. Even if it involves defammation or libel.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 17:49 (Ref:848484)   #20
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
I know. Even if it involves defammation or libel.
Saying that the IRL doesn't advertise attendance is libel?
Old 23 Jan 2004, 18:42 (Ref:848541)   #21
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good stuff, macdaddy. I agree 100% with you

Mags, no one is denying you freedom of speech. But we have to maintain a certain tone, and all the mudslinging, flamebaiting, tolling etc is lowering the tone. it's driving members away, and generally making this place a less fun place to talk. So we're doing something about it, untill things brighten up a bit.

That, however, cannot be done by just us moderators alone. We need you guys, the members, to make this place a great place to talk again.

If we all pull together, we can do this. C'mon people, you know it's right
Old 23 Jan 2004, 19:57 (Ref:848616)   #22
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I'd like to add something -

If someone has made a post that you feel is totally out of line, don't start a fight - use the warn button, and one of us mods will deal with it. That way, you can get back to the discussion
Old 23 Jan 2004, 20:00 (Ref:848623)   #23
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Down F0rce
I've just had to edit three posts in the past couple of days about snide nicknames for the IRL. I'm not sure What it's gonna take to get your people to stop and just grow up, but I think myself and my fellow mods will have to take an nazi-like approach to this issue.
What it will take, is IRL people to stay in thier own forum. I don't go there, why do they come here?
Old 23 Jan 2004, 20:06 (Ref:848632)   #24
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Some people like both series. Yes, it's possible. But like I said, if you're unhappy with anyones post then the warn button or a PM to a mod and it'll be dealt with
Old 23 Jan 2004, 20:11 (Ref:848639)   #25
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
A forum is a collection of people with discussing their opinions and viewpoints. At times these viewpoints will come from different angles and people will disagree.

That people may not agree with either you, or I, is not the point. That people may not even like CART is not the point. The singular point is that of posting with a decorum of respect for other people, and their opinions.

People who have an interest in the future of what was CART, have a right to post here, whether they are fans of CART, IRL, neither or both. Some will cheer if OWRS wins, some will cheer if they lose. That is life. The better people will not mock others of their victory, nor mock the opinions of others.