Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 28 Feb 2006, 03:15 (Ref:1532925)   #1
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno and Bourdais to race at Sebring

One good thing that seems to be happening in NA racing is the willingness of drivers to test the waters in other disciplines.
Now I have another reason to cheer on the Panoz's in the GT class. Sorry Bruno, but I am afraid I'll be rooting a little harder for Bourdais' car. He is teaming with fellow Canuck Scott Maxwell.

http://speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/22301/
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 19 Mar 2006, 15:16 (Ref:1552771)   #2
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those who are interested, the Panoz with Bourdais won their class. Bourdais was given the car for the final stint as well and took it to the checkered. He really showed his class as a driver, very quick.
If you didn't watch the race, "smarten up dammit"
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 20 Mar 2006, 04:28 (Ref:1553359)   #3
racefanatic
Racer

United States
Mindy
racefanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great job by Bourdais!! He is so impressive no matter what he drives. That was very fun to watch! It was too bad to see Bruno out early though.
Old 20 Mar 2006, 10:53 (Ref:1553945)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasnt really a suprise to see Bourdais winning his class to be honest, before he came into Champ cars he had already competed at Le Mans 3 times with his best result 4th overall in 2000 driving for Pescarolo, the best non Audi finisher, added to this hes had wins in the old FIA SCC and finished 2nd overall in the Spa 24hrs back in 2002, he is IMO a all rounder.
Old 20 Mar 2006, 12:42 (Ref:1554198)   #5
SPRacer
Racer

United States
St. Petersburg, FL
SPRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bourdais absolutely drove the wheels off of that Panoz. That was fun too watch in person. I watched him pull off a pass on the exit of cunningham corner on the outside with two wheels in the dirt. Good stuff.

Way to represent, Sebastien.