Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jun 2001, 14:24 (Ref:99767)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Thank you and goodnight Tarso!

Thank you BUT NO thank you Tarso..Who will replace him at Minardi..Calling Minardi fan!

Last edited by JeremySmith; 1 Jun 2001 at 14:24.
Old 1 Jun 2001, 14:35 (Ref:99775)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who will replace who ?

For Canada ?
Old 1 Jun 2001, 14:37 (Ref:99777)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to be there, so I'll call Minardi and leave my number.
Old 1 Jun 2001, 14:40 (Ref:99780)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Well ITV F1.. are reporting today, that Tarso M is on his way out..I wonder who..Liz can you drive an F1 car! and as far as your # is concerned ( wink wink)
Old 1 Jun 2001, 14:44 (Ref:99782)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can certainly drive an F1 car faster than Tarso can. And I'll PM you that number. (nudge nudge wink wink say no more).
Old 1 Jun 2001, 14:57 (Ref:99788)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Goodness! I am blushing...They fall fairly quickly these days don't they.The drivers I mean..What a time this is in F1... Poor old DC is trying to win a championship in the middle of all this..Is anyone even going to notice?
Old 1 Jun 2001, 15:13 (Ref:99792)   #7
Laagri
Racer

Laagri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marques will be replaced by Martin Brundle driving the two-seater. In the back seat will be Murray Walker and it will bring a whole new meaning to the phrase 'live commentary'.
Old 1 Jun 2001, 15:25 (Ref:99795)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
LOL..LOL...LOL...LOL Now that's funny!
Old 1 Jun 2001, 15:44 (Ref:99796)   #9
Ed G
Racer

Ed G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would certainly be better than Jasion Priestly in the back of the pace car at Indy.

Heck driving a Minardi Murray could stick the mike out the side and interview Button live during the races. Also we would get to see how willing Enrique would be to hold up that car with Martin "DC should shunt the bugger off" Brundle behind the wheel.
Old 1 Jun 2001, 15:48 (Ref:99798)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
You guys are simply hilarious...Ed G...you take the cake so far!
Old 1 Jun 2001, 15:52 (Ref:99800)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Does anyone remember Murray's sole excursion in a Rally Car? "We're going to die!" featured prominently in the commentary, as I recall.

I suggest Parker Johnstone in the Minardi. He is completely useless in the commentary booth ("Dunno, Paul" is the extent of his information) and is at least no worse a pilot than Tarso. Or Dennis Vittolo may be available.
Old 1 Jun 2001, 16:10 (Ref:99810)   #12
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dennis Vitolo!!!

That's the best one I've heard in a long while!!!

Maybe we could stuff Mauricio into the car!!
Old 1 Jun 2001, 16:40 (Ref:99824)   #13
Ed G
Racer

Ed G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a serious note. I was surprised that Stoddart picked up 2 younger drivers. I would have thought that with a team that he is hoping to develop into a contender that you would want at least one with experience. I can't see how these two young guys can really set the car up to its fullest potential even with a good engineer. Considering that, Alonso must have phenomonal talent, if the car isn't set up perfectly he must just drive the socks off it to do as well as he does.

Stoddart needs some experience behind the wheel. Not only to help with developing the car but also to help coach Alonso.

Gee didn't I see this in a movie somewhere?
Old 1 Jun 2001, 16:57 (Ref:99836)   #14
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Laagri
Marques will be replaced by Martin Brundle driving the two-seater. In the back seat will be Murray Walker and it will bring a whole new meaning to the phrase 'live commentary'.
The other option might be to sell the second seat to Dennis Tito - Space Tourist (or some other madman). Fill the coffers at Minardi a bit and get on with some serious development.
Old 1 Jun 2001, 17:06 (Ref:99845)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Or why not auction it on eBay?
Old 1 Jun 2001, 17:21 (Ref:99862)   #16
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is probably difficult for Paul to attract the good drivers, when he hasn't got the best equipment and sponsors to provide it. I suppose that's why this engine deal is so important. Can't wait to find out who it is.
Old 1 Jun 2001, 17:43 (Ref:99874)   #17
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or if you look at the link below, the suggestion is Gianni Morbidelli
http://www.f1fanclub.com/docs/NewsRead.cfm?CID=3211
Old 1 Jun 2001, 18:10 (Ref:99881)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

well, i suppose morbidelli would be a good person for saint fernando to learn off (although does he need to learn from anyone?), but aww, tarso.... give him a chance, he's not that bad. i'm suspecting he's not getting equal treatment, so i guess he couldn't do any better...

minardi say it's tosh, mr minardi is friends with gianni anyway, they were just catching up. but never believe a bunch of italians, right?
Old 1 Jun 2001, 18:16 (Ref:99887)   #19
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morbidelli seems to be the best bet to replace Tarso for the French GP. Enge has been linked to Minardi, but only in a testing role.
Old 1 Jun 2001, 20:47 (Ref:99952)   #20
Guy Goddard
Racer

Guy Goddard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Brundle is a great commentator but a dreadful driver and will not be in the line up for Minardi, my guess is they will take a chance on a youthful driber like Sauber have done as they have nothing to loose.....
Old 1 Jun 2001, 22:11 (Ref:99996)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No...

Now serious.

It will be Damon Hill.

If you want the link to that just ask AMoffat. He will show you where to go !

Yes serious !!!!

MOOOOFFFFIIIIEEEEE !!!
Old 1 Jun 2001, 22:18 (Ref:99998)   #22
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it will be Morbidelli. We thought it would be him driving all season and not Marques so it makes sense. The sooner Tarso is given the boot the better.
Old 1 Jun 2001, 23:21 (Ref:100021)   #23
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I said in another similar thread, I believe it will be Pedro Lamy

You heard it here first.....
Old 2 Jun 2001, 08:41 (Ref:100086)   #24
economy_waffle
Racer

economy_waffle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its gonna b either of these:

Morbidelli
Mazzacane
Larini
Nigel Mansell!!!

i want 'nige' to come back but i guess they will just have to widen the nose a lot more this time!!!
Old 2 Jun 2001, 09:38 (Ref:100094)   #25
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minardi have 'officially denied' that Marques is being replaced, but as we all know denials mean nothing.

I still think that Marques isn't doing a bad job in this year's frankly terrible Minardi, he's just got to compete against a superstar of a teammate, so I think it would be a mistake to replace him. His problem is qualifying; he seems to try too hard, as before in the weekend he is often quicker than Alonso, just for Alonso to really put in a great lap when it counts. Alonso also has an edge over Marques as he knows the tracks from F3000, and remember when they were on a track neither knew, Malaysia, Marques outperformed Alonso comprehensively.

If there is a replacement I would vote for Morbidelli or Lamy or.......LUCA BADOER!!!!!!!!!!!(though I wouldn't want to see God suffer if the car is as awful as I think)