Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:21 (Ref:718397)   #1
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher Wins - WDC next?

Lights to flags victory for Schumacher (even though ITV's commentators got me looking stupid by having me screaming jubilation at the telly when they mistook Gene for Monty), is it now completely out of sight for Montoya to win the WDC?

Bloody good drives from both Monty and TGF; brilliantly ragged on one hand, brilliantly controlled on the other.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:21 (Ref:718399)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dull, dull, dull.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:22 (Ref:718400)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great drive!!! key keeping JPM behind on the 1st lap
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:23 (Ref:718402)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did anyone overtake anyone else?
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:28 (Ref:718410)   #5
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Did anyone overtake anyone else?
Webber passed Heidfeld on the last lap!!

Well it seems the tires evened out a bit this race. Its a shame the race was so boring though.

Button had a touch of "JVitis" unfortunately otherwise they would have both scored points, and made the battle for fifth even more secure.

Congrats MS, JPM and RB.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:28 (Ref:718411)   #6
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Alonso great drive after a bad start.
Did anyone see him overtake Heidfeld for place 8 in the race after Frentzen stopped his car in the second sectorof the track.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:33 (Ref:718415)   #7
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the race live and had to resort to taping it. However from the Live Timing it did seem a rather pit-stoppy affair. Is it worth watching later?
Congrats to Michael though, he answered the bell and came out swinging!
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:34 (Ref:718416)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lap 1 very exciting.
Lap 2-53 Dull city.
Good drive from most of championship guys. Expecially good by Michael. I thought Kimi did quite well too.

Non championship drives. Good drive by Gene and Vileneuve.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:35 (Ref:718417)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the race live and had to resort to taping it. However from the Live Timing it did seem a rather pit-stoppy affair. Is it worth watching later?
Watch the first lap.
Quote:
Congrats to Michael though, he answered the bell and came out swinging!

Press conference
Micheal says it is his greatest day and thanked the cleaning lady, who he loves.

Last edited by Adam43; 14 Sep 2003 at 13:36.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:44 (Ref:718424)   #10
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first lap was great stuff, after that it was trading fastest laps back and forth. But still a great straight up fight between the two main contenders.

Good solid drives from Gene and JVil.

I have it on good authority that Sauber and Jordan will be auctioning off HHF and Baumgartner's mirrors from the race on eBay, brand new and completely unused.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:44 (Ref:718425)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wasn't the great GP expected with the explosive grid positions, only lap 1 was fun
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:45 (Ref:718428)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
JV finally showing his class...
Solid from Gene.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:48 (Ref:718431)   #13
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It had great potential from start to finish. Lap 1 was superb (who said Montoya would stop having a go with the title to fight for) and the race continued to be tense and exciting as Montoya closed Michael down. It wasn't really until the last 10 laps when Juan backed off that the excitement stopped for me. The hour and a quarter just flew past.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:50 (Ref:718435)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
It always threatened to be explosive, yet we needed a safety car or something to just spark it off
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:51 (Ref:718437)   #15
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel good too that some of the teams that the teams that "made huge gains" are now back in place. Toyota is now slower than Ferrari again, so are Jag. BAR on a much heavier fuel load was still quicker than them both which may say something about the pace of the BAR Honda compared to its direct competitors. Yes this was a horsepower track and the "big dog" Toyota did not seem as impressive.

Nah, tires had nothing to do with it at all...

Last edited by neilap; 14 Sep 2003 at 13:53.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:58 (Ref:718452)   #16
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man oh man. What a boring race.

When the hell is Schumi going to have a terminal car failure?
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:03 (Ref:718455)   #17
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Revelation of the race:

James Allen could go all night listening to the sound of Cristiano Da Matta's voice. - James seek help.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:03 (Ref:718456)   #18
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was a little dull, but I blame chicnaes which minimize the slipstreaming opportunities and the aerodynamics of the cars which prevent it for good.

Michael drove his usual careful and measured race and JPM was ballsy if limited by the quality of his tires in each stint.

Indy should be better fun.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:06 (Ref:718459)   #19
X-ecutioner
Rookie

X-ecutioner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't have been a more boring race. I literally sat up mid-race and made myself a nice sandwich, and i don't usually get up between races, the race was soooo boring. When will schumacher ever entertain me?

And Plus, What the hell happened to Montoya after the Final Pitstop?!? Did he just give up or something? That was when it really became boring. The only interesting part of the race was the Montoya-Schumacher and the Barrichello-Kimi battle which only lasted for a little amount of time.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:13 (Ref:718463)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
James Allen could go all night listening to the sound of Cristiano Da Matta's voice. - James seek help.
He said this after Da Matta had just given the most downbeat montone reply to a question. Obviously he likes Da Mattas' voice, but forgot to say it when it was relevant. Still a bit of an odd thing to say!

To be fair Monza does often provide dull races. It isn't (in some ways surprisingly) an overtaking track. I wasn't surprised. Shame.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:18 (Ref:718471)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thankfully, i was sound asleep for the major part of the race.
Looks like i haven't missed a thing.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:24 (Ref:718481)   #22
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
It always threatened to be explosive, yet we needed a safety car or something to just spark it off
i'm sure something like that will be in the 2004 rules.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:43 (Ref:718504)   #23
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Schumi thank FIA for his victory on the press conference?

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:06 (Ref:718529)   #24
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Schumacher Wins - WDC next?

Quote:
Originally posted by mjstallard
(even though ITV's commentators got me looking stupid by having me screaming jubilation at the telly when they mistook Gene for Monty), is it now completely out of sight for Montoya to win the WDC?
that got me going for a bit as well it took them nearly a lap to figure it out that is was gene who was leading and not Montoya.

Montoya is only 3 points behind Micheal and it USA next which could suit the williams.

Last edited by pb btcc; 14 Sep 2003 at 15:08.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:18 (Ref:718538)   #25
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
Looks like i haven't missed a thing.
Well you probably missed your favorite drivers last ever championship points

Great drive by all in the top 4 today, although boring to us I'm sure the intensity was very high today.

And after that digusting Gene/Montoya error by James Allen, could he have made a bigger effort to hide his bias/disappointment after such a moronic mistake.