Tiago Monteiro 1 1.11%
Robert Doornbos 3 3.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Sep 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1398882)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Driver Of The Race

Today for me Fernando Alonso drove a very fine race. Taking care not to make mistakes..
Old 4 Sep 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1398886)   #2
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
pizzonia ..

Ciao Marco
Old 4 Sep 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1398887)   #3
Big-O
Racer

Iceland
Iceland
Big-O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fernando drove wery well... no mistakes, but for me, Kimi drove one hell of a race .... Ok, he did mistakes and paid for them, but what a fun to whatch him in this kind of rush ....
Old 4 Sep 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1398888)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Juan Pablo Montoya won the race very well.

Alonso did what he had to.

Raikkonen was very fast.

But for me Pizzonia gets the nod - thrown in at the deep end and gets points.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 19:16 (Ref:1398890)   #5
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pizzonia here too.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1398894)   #6
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What about those Jordans and Minardis?

Going strong as always
Old 4 Sep 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1398895)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The race was given to Montoya again due to Kimi's bad luck with the very relaible silver arrow. He did what he had to do and half Alonso from taking maximum points.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1398915)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Poll added. Please ask for any others that you want to vote for.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1398928)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rarely do I go for the race winner but today it had to be JPM. Pizzonia performed out of his skin and got TW some points, but JPM drove a peerless race from an inherited pole to vistory.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 20:19 (Ref:1398968)   #10
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for JPM, no surprises here, but Fisico drove very good as well.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 20:37 (Ref:1398988)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted Montoya as the poll was no opened.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1399013)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Montoya driver of race. Pizzonia and Alonso great too.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1399014)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kimi, the fastest (again), fine race by Alonso, super race by Pizzonia and Fisi did pretty well, but JPM gets my vote - the last few laps tipped it for me when he drove with that delaminating tyre whilst maintaining sufficient pace to stay ahead. Brave, given the number of very high speed sections at Monza.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 21:27 (Ref:1399036)   #14
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not sure why people have said Alonso. What did he do? He had a slowish start and did some laps. Equally worthy were the guys at the Ferrari test track who were probably putting in laps while the race was on.

It's a crime to see JPM continually doing only what's required to finish in a given position. He pushed for 2 laps at the start and 4 at the end. Those were 6 awsome laps, but basically we no longer get to see what he's made of. Heck he has made comments suggesting that in qualifying he's trying to ensure a merely adequate performance.

Kimi's qualifying was awsome given the 1 stop stratagy, but I'm not sure that he was super impressive during the race. He was pushing and extremely fast at points, but he made a couple of mistakes.

It would be nice to say Pizzonia, but I didn't see much of him and he got into an accident at the start.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 21:59 (Ref:1399068)   #15
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vote goes to JPM. Alonso was good, but he didn't have to do anything really, no problems at all, just kept the car going. Kimi was very very fast, but made a mistake. however, his qualifying was simply perfect. I don't think anyone did an extremely impressive job today, but as I said JPM was the best, imo.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 23:46 (Ref:1399111)   #16
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robert Doornbos without a doubt.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 23:50 (Ref:1399114)   #17
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
O no, i forgot about Pizzonia. He is the driver of the race without a doubt.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 01:36 (Ref:1399146)   #18
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought that since Antonio had basically not sat in the car for the better part of three months (with Rosberg doing the testing), and only had 24 hours or less notice that he would be driving, that his performance warranted the honours this race.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 01:45 (Ref:1399149)   #19
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
montoya for me, closely followed by pizzonia and alonso.

montoya did what he had to
pizzonia was thrown in at the deep end and did well in a relatively poor car
alonso - again did what his car could do and kept himself in the hunt, the renault wasnt quick enough to truely challenge the leaders
kimi - probably would have been on the podium after a hellish race, were it not for overcooking it under pressure
Old 5 Sep 2005, 02:18 (Ref:1399162)   #20
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My driver of the race is going to be Rubens Barrichello. I felt he drove like a man unshackled. He muscled Michael aside on the opening laps and was simply not going to let him past on the track. More power to him. I'm sure BAR were very happy to see that performance.

Then he got a slow puncture...
Old 5 Sep 2005, 05:39 (Ref:1399200)   #21
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In terms of the spectacle, I'll give it to Kimi. It makes you wonder how far he would have streeted the field if his Mercedes hadn't gone kaput on him on Saturday.

Very good race from Montoya, especially when his tyre began to suffer late in the race.

Alonso did the necessary but perhaps could have pushed just a little harder in the middle stages of the race, to keep the pressure on Montoya. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Good work from Pizzonia to jump in the car after three months of not going near it and putting it in seventh place. Outshaded his teammate considerably, though Webber wasn't helped by his tangle in the opening lap.

Honourable mention to both Toyota drivers. Trulli and particularly Ralf Schumacher drove strong races and delivered some valuable points to Cologne.

"Better luck next time" to Button and Sato. Button's early race promise evaporated after a few laps, while Sato had his own problems from the start, and wasn't helped by "strange readings" coming from his fuel rig.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1399456)   #22
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
-

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 5 Sep 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1399458)   #23
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that all cars were still running at the end may have counted in favour of Pizzonia, but really, hats off to Raikonnen. It wasn't his fault he suffered a 10 place penalty but his efforts to correct things seemed like he was making up for a situation that was!

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 5 Sep 2005, 12:30 (Ref:1399476)   #24
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pizzonia easily. Made the biggest gains of everyone, and to do it with 1 day to re-acclimatise himself to the car deserves extra credit.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1399494)   #25
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I voted for JPM and while agreeing to an extent with Adam's comments, JPM did make the most of his starting position. He also kept his focus in the middle part of the race and brought the car home. In short, it was the type of drive that while not spectacular brought the team points and also gave Kimi the opportunity to gain on Alonso by keeping FA behind him. Extra points for keeping his cool when the tyre started to go. Further it was the type of drive that many here have said JPM needs to become a practitioner of in order to win a WDC or help his team to the WCC. Who knows Adam, had he pushed harder perhaps his left rear tyre would have failed sooner and more spectacularly.

Driver 1A though was Trulli, who under the pressure of running his "home" Grand Prix reversed his high quali/low finish trend. Good overall racecraft.

Honorable mention goes to Pizzonia for jumping in to the car with no recent seat time.

Kimi did well but did not help himself with the spin - at times this year the car has let him down and at times he has let the car down.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.