Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 Oct 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1423908)   #1
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Biggest laff this season thread

Nearly time to hang up the probies, so it's time to have fun with the biggest laugh of your season. Mine's the Goodwood Revival when a certain celebrity's Ferrari coasted to a halt. Getting the idiot to roll his car to a safe area is a different story because he thought he was one of these , whereas actually he was one of these . Turns out he'd run out of fuel.
So when the pick-up crew arrive so does our assistant observer who is a big lad . The Big'un asks the driver what the problem was. Driver (who is not very happy) mumbles his reply . Big'un says, very loudly: "My wife drives like that. She don't look at the ****ing fuel gauge either!"
Entire grandstand falls about laughing . Driver's visor steams up . Perfection.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 12:26 (Ref:1424396)   #2
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anglesey earlier this year. Car travelling slowly back to the pits. White flag displayed, closing pack fall in behind slow car because they don't know what a white flag means, then follow said car into the pits! One driver wants the results declared on the previous lap; CoC politley explains what a stupid boy he is and declines!
Old 5 Oct 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1424416)   #3
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns
Anglesey earlier this year. Car travelling slowly back to the pits. White flag displayed, closing pack fall in behind slow car because they don't know what a white flag means, then follow said car into the pits! One driver wants the results declared on the previous lap; CoC politley explains what a stupid boy he is and declines!

Can't say any more, too busy ROTFLMAO
Old 5 Oct 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1424435)   #4
Jan Gower
Racer

Jan Gower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul I have to agree with you! The look on those drivers faces when I told them the race was still on was a picture!
Old 5 Oct 2005, 13:55 (Ref:1424448)   #5
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul, that would be mine too........ definitely a "champagne moment" !!!!!!!
Old 5 Oct 2005, 14:50 (Ref:1424475)   #6
Garry Holmes
Racer

Garry Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alistair's moment at the Gold Cup.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 15:35 (Ref:1424506)   #7
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also enjoyed Jan's moment with the driver who didn't know what the black and white diagonal flag was for.

Old 5 Oct 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1424557)   #8
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The eternal optimist...

Last weekend at Rockingham. The winner of the SCSA championship was 'given' the chequered flag from the flagstand - NASCAR style. It promptly 'disappeared' into the team garage. Paul Moscrop could be heard on the paddock PA - 'Please can I have the chequered flag back - you can push it through the debris fence....'
Old 5 Oct 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1424727)   #9
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think the spectators at post 14 on brands at the a1 gp meet have a good shout. bit of a bank on the outside corner to stand and watch from but as more and more speccys came the rate at which they fell backwards down the bank increased!!!!! they just wouldnt learn their lesson. one bloke went two or three times with chair and beers!
Old 6 Oct 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1425235)   #10
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns
Strangely, when I was at Mallory later in the season a bunch of MR2 drivers saw a white flag for the Doctor's car and followed that into the paddock...
I wasn't flagging on that occasion so can not be held responsible for both instances...
Old 6 Oct 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1425314)   #11
Rich D
Racer

Canada
Acton, Ontario
Rich D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Close run thing, but my winner (for this forum) is from the HSCC meet at Brands. Barb and I were working post 5, our Canadian flag was duly hung from the debris fencing, when we noticed one car waving extra hard on the cool down laps. Naturally, we thought it was due to superior blue flagging, or some such occurrence.
After their race, again, huge waves, and by that time Barb's daughter had pointed out to me that that paticular driver was the only Canadian in the field - hence the large waves. I informed Barb, and she looked perturbed, and asked for a clarification of the number, and then started to mutter expletives...
Yes, he was the car she had spotted passing under yellow earlier in the race - alerted our observer, witnessed the report etc etc etc.. So, the only Canadain driver was sent to see the big wrist slapping god in the tower by the only born and bred Canadian official at the track.... My, how we laughed..

She still feels guilty - but just goes to show that we are impartial......

My second place... well, me (Captain) my phone op and a brand new student being chased off our communication stand at Mosport by a scavenging skunk, in the middle of a race. Luckily, we were full course caution, so there was not much to do. Apparently, 3 grown men jumping over the railing looked quite amusing from the other side of the track! I've still not forgiven my flaggers for not giving us warning.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 13:30 (Ref:1425347)   #12
whatapalaver
Racer

England
Nottingham
whatapalaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D
...chased off our communication stand at Mosport by a scavenging skunk...
I promise never to complain about Thunder Flies liking orange again.