Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 26 Feb 2002, 18:02 (Ref:223020)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Servia

Going over the teams and drivers on the CART website, and there is no mention of Servia whatsoever. PacWest Racing lists only Scott Dixon. What's going on?
Old 26 Feb 2002, 19:52 (Ref:223105)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Either Servia's ride is still not confirmed, or the CART site has not bene updated.
Never forget #99
Old 26 Feb 2002, 20:22 (Ref:223140)   #3
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Servia has been confirmed yet. Altho, PacWest have changed their name to PWR Championship Racing.
Old 26 Feb 2002, 21:51 (Ref:223246)   #4
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PWR is playing a waiting game with their sponsor (rumored to be Gateway Computers) The announcement was to have been made at Sneak Preview, but there has been an apparant snag. PWR is now awaitng the go-ahead from the sponsor to make the announcement. If the deal falls through, it is likely that Servia will be out, as there are not funds for two cars without the sponsorship.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 08:58 (Ref:226596)   #5
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From CART.com:

PWR CHAMPIONSHIP RACING NEWS
March 1, 2002

ORIOL SERVIA CONFIDENT FOLLOWING PRE-SEASON TESTING
MIAMI--Oriol Servia and PWR Championship Racing concluded pre-season testing this week at Homestead, Miami, and are pleased with the progress made as the team prepares for the start of the 2002 CART FedEx Championship Series.

Servia, in his #17 Toyota/Lola, logged 41 laps on his first day and 81 laps on day two at the 2.2-mile road course, posting a best time of 1:07.5.

The off-season has presented changes for the native of Pals, Catalonia, Spain, but Servia is optimistic as he heads into his third year of CART FedEx competition.

"Considering all the changes during the off-season, I've had a fantastic testing season," said Servia. "I was presented with more testing opportunities than I have had in the past. We completed a race simulation on day two at Homestead, which I've never done before. It was good for me to see how the car will actually react during a race before I head to Monterrey."

Before Servia and his PWR team headed to Homestead, the 27-year-old also had the opportunity to test during CART Sneak Preview at the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, California. Servia, who was fourth quickest, clocked a time of 1:09.700 (115.593 mph) on the 2.238-mile road course. Cristiano da Matta was the quickest putting in a lap of 1:08:981 (116.797 mph).

"Overall we had a very good test at Laguna Seca," added Servia. "Over the two days of testing we definitely picked up the pace and by the end of the weekend, I was very pleased with the car. The entire pre-season testing has been very useful and productive for me."

The #17 PWR crew is back in Indianapolis finalizing preparations for the CART FedEx Championship Series opener in Monterrey, Mexico, on March 10, 2002, which will be broadcast live on Speed Channel at 4 p.m. EST.

Sounds to me like Oriol is a certainty to line up at Monterrey.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 09:24 (Ref:226615)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've read somewhere (can't remember where though) that Servia is confirmed and starting for PacWest (or PWR) for the 2002 CART FedEx Championship.

I'll see if I can find the page again.....
Old 3 Mar 2002, 16:01 (Ref:226907)   #7
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
CART.com is now listing Servia as a starter in 2002, with PWR.
Old 4 Mar 2002, 10:44 (Ref:227597)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
pwr is a good young team - i like the sound of servia and dixon as team-mates
Old 4 Mar 2002, 17:31 (Ref:227881)   #9
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Yes, PWR has two very talented, young drivers. But I've always felt that the young guys develop best when paired with a veteran. Somebody to teach them the nuances of the game. These two guys are not going to have that benefit, but they should still shine. However, PWR has historically done well when gambling with the fuel. This was one of their strengths. But the new regs this year might change some of that, we'll see. Either way, I expect both to stand upon a podium this year, and wouldn't be surprised to see a win or two come their way.
Old 4 Mar 2002, 19:55 (Ref:228033)   #10
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PWR have confirmed Servia in the car for this year.

What sponsor will Dixon and Servia have?