Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Mar 2004, 16:02 (Ref:893642)   #1
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
STCC: Volvo is back!

Volvo back with Flash
STCC 04/03/04

Volvo is back in the STCC together with Flash Engineering. Janne "Flash" Nilsson will drive together with Robert Dahlgren in two Volvo's. "We are very happy to bee able to take this decision," said Volvo Sweden Motorsport boss Alexander Murdzevski. The Flash Engineering boss Christian Dahl is very satisfied with the new deal: "We have for this year a good strong position with drivers, material and with the team. This in combination with renewed Volvo co-operation makes our ambitions high," Christian said.

Number one Volvo driver and Flash Engineering team owner Janne "Flash" Nilsson was also understandably very happy: "To get Volvo with us means a great deal, we wouldn't been able to drive this year without Volvo support as we did last year," he said. And as for the Volvo newcomer Robert Dahlgren Flash was equally enthusiastic: "I have followed Robert Dahlgren's carrier for many years and he is in my eyes the greatest talent that Sweden has got in modern time. Therefore I am very happy that he comes to Volvo. Together I think we will provide everyone a good show in each STCC race," Janne said.

Dahlgren has, among other things, drive in the British Formula 3 championship and looks forward to his touring car debut: "This feels incredibly fun, a real challenge," Robert said. "The team's professionalism and the co-operation with Volvo were two of the factors behind my decision. This is a dream contract for me; in this team I am given the opportunity to focus wholeheartedly at the racing and my own physical training. I am now for the first time full time employed and can focus on my task which means very much," Robert continued.

Source: Flash Engineering

Johan Meissner
johan@meissner.se

Last edited by JMeissner; 4 Mar 2004 at 16:03.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 17:23 (Ref:893706)   #2
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies if i've missed it, but which car will they be using? i can't find a mention of it in the article. Will it be the S60?
Old 4 Mar 2004, 17:50 (Ref:893740)   #3
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They have shown pictures of the S60 being prepared for this year but it said nothing in the press release that it was going to be the S60, so I left it out.

But probably it will be the S60, would be nice with the S40 though. Doubt that it has been homologated yet though...
Old 4 Mar 2004, 22:55 (Ref:894096)   #4
Jimeth
Racer

Yeah good point. Cheers boss!
Old 5 Mar 2004, 02:56 (Ref:894362)   #5
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, I wonder what led to Volvo changing their minds? Has Volvo come to their senses? Or was Flash and Volvo trying to hold out for a better deal??
Old 5 Mar 2004, 07:45 (Ref:894509)   #6
kmchow
Veteran

It's just not right that Volvo didn't bring Rydell back to race in the STCC. Instead, Rydell is racing with SEAT? OTOH, was Rydell fed up with an underfunded privateer(??) team? OTOH, is he significantly better off with SEAT now?
Old 5 Mar 2004, 12:30 (Ref:894853)   #7
Jimeth
Racer

given the pace of the Seat's last year, i wouldn't think so if he wants wins and good results.
Old 5 Mar 2004, 18:05 (Ref:895127)   #8
kmchow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimeth
given the pace of the Seat's last year, i wouldn't think so if he wants wins and good results.
I guess since the Volvo deal came together so late, I guess Rydell had to search around for another ride? Sighhh... I wonder if he would have stayed with Volvo if the deal together earlier??
Old 5 Mar 2004, 18:22 (Ref:895146)   #9
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
He was going to drive for Alfa Romeo, but you all know what happened then...

That's the main reason I guess that his drive come this late. I don't think you should count SEAT out so fast...