Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Jul 2001, 09:42 (Ref:116908)   #1
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW support ETC

I've just read that BMW will after all support the ETC. They will make coversion kits so that anyone racing a Super Production spec 320i can convert it to Super 2000 specs. Which teams do you think will do this, maybe that means Ravaglia MS and CiBiEmme will race, and if this will definatley help get towards 18 cars from 3 different manufacturers.
Old 15 Jul 2001, 02:54 (Ref:117207)   #2
Michael H
Racer

Michael H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is certainly very good news for the ETC. I hope that Ravaglia Motorsport, CiBiEmme, and Carly Motors all convert their cars to Super 2000 rules. It would be great for the ETC to have Kox and Morbidelli back in the main event, and it would also be great to see Huisman and Peggen Anderson racing in the top league next year. They are all great drivers. It would also be good to see GDL get some cars on the grid, and for Team Isert to return.

I'm not concerned about a lack of competitiveness, the teams are very professional and they will get the car up to speed if they work together on the engine development area.

I can't wait to see a picture of the car!
Old 15 Jul 2001, 04:49 (Ref:117216)   #3
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to hear about BMW

Earlier I said that I hoped that Ravaglia would be upgrading his SP cars to ST spec, despite what Herr Berger had told us. Now that it is likely that BMW are to compete,I will be adding the BMWs back into my 2002 ETCC grid when I play Jarrett and Labonte on Playstation.(Codemasters WTC to you Euro types)

I do wish the ETCC had allowed all wheel drive. I had also hoped that 2.5 liter six cyl. could be lowered to the 2.0L maximum. This is what allowed Ford, and now MG to compete in BTCC with a V-6. After all,who makes a 1.7 to 2.2 six?

Still,I am just happy that BMW will be involved. No doubt that the usual BMW teams will be there with at least some back door support from the factory.

So Volvo,Alfa and semi factory BMWs(as well a few totally private entries?) look to be in the 2002 ETCC. Who else will come in? VAG is looking like a 2003 entrant. Will Honda or, the now recovering, Nissan be there next season?

Kurt Maxwell
MaxSport
Indianapolis,IN.

PS- speaking of PlayStation and driving games, I just got GT-3 for the PS2. UNREAL! The best surprise was that the DTM Astra and CLK are in the game and there is a Tourenwagen Series for them. No ST cars this time, but there is a Ford OZ V-8 Supercar available.
Old 15 Jul 2001, 19:20 (Ref:117388)   #4
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps we may see some BMW's in the BTCC next year then? Unliklely, but perhaps. But eiter way, its good news for the ETCC.
Old 16 Jul 2001, 00:31 (Ref:117469)   #5
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what do the kits include? Just an aero kit? I thought the ETCC cars also have freer transmissions/engine mods? If so, the kit becomes quite extensive, big and expensive? I can't wait to see the cars in real life!!! Ahhh, so nice to see some 4 door sedans again!!!