Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 May 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2211669)   #1
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rockingham 25/26 May

What a day.....WET,WET,and even WETTER. Very thin on the ground for marshals, lucky if you got 3 to a post.The GT race was fairly close, FFords spinning al over the place. Lets hope tomorrow is a bit better.
Old 25 May 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2211687)   #2
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i would have happily been a duck in that weather today
start of the GT race was fun - having to tell the teams what was going to happen even though i didnt fully know what was happening - resorted to saying to the teams at the start of the race 'they'll be some laps behind the safety car at the start'

(must take spare socks tomorrow)
Old 26 May 2008, 17:29 (Ref:2212382)   #3
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A better day today, only sporadic showers. Some good racing, particularly the VW's.
Old 26 May 2008, 20:03 (Ref:2212485)   #4
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pick up races were tight as usual or the first one was anyway - i think i heard 0.003 seconds between 1st and 2nd in the 1st race.
The VW race did seem good though

The stalled F3 on the grid was interesting, a couple of the F3's got very close to hitting the stalled car and then they're as the overtaking under the yellows passing the stalled cars.

Last edited by mattt; 26 May 2008 at 20:08.
Old 27 May 2008, 07:08 (Ref:2212759)   #5
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great meeting - I had a fantastic time and learnt a lot again.

Was on the first hairpin - very interesting both days - more spinners than I could count - sometimes three at a time! Saw more lines than an "etch a sketch"

Some light contact in the F3 (so I have a small "souvenir").

Felt sorry for the FF guys on Sunday as the conditions were atrocious - but I can't believe that they managed to crash under the safety (!!!) car on on the straight before our corner on Monday- right mess and probably took longer to clear than the original incident.

Also felt bad for the VW driver who ended up in the wall at the approach to our corner.

Weather was really bad on Sun - probably worse I have been out in! We had no hut or any shelter at all on this post so were out all day in horizontal rain of varying power. Only good thing was that it was at least on our backs not in our faces. So bad though that the water ended up "whicking" through our "waterproofs" and ended up with wet overalls - and t-shirt - boots soaked! At least I could drive home to a nice hot bath and dinner prepared by my wife - felt really sorry for those of you staying over!

Still - a great weekend.
Old 27 May 2008, 08:25 (Ref:2212801)   #6
JovialJooles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridge
JovialJooles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a good meeting on post 13.

The weather was the worst I have ever known on Sunday... I felt so sorry for the people on post without a hut to hide in during the breaks.

I had planned to stay over on Sunday evening, but as everything was wet, (I was wringing out my waterproof golves by lunchtime! And as for my waterproof boots, puh...) went home to dry out.

We were kept fairly busy on Sunday, but had a clear day yesterday.
Old 27 May 2008, 09:44 (Ref:2212858)   #7
Bezzers1986
Racer

England
East Anglia
Bezzers1986 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great couple of days. Feel I have learned a lot with the FF and the F3 in the arnco. The hut on Post 12 was very welcoming as we were facing the rain and the wind, so had a very sand blasted face!
Old 27 May 2008, 11:44 (Ref:2212934)   #8
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones
Felt sorry for the FF guys on Sunday as the conditions were atrocious - but I can't believe that they managed to crash under the safety (!!!) car on on the straight before our corner on Monday- right mess and probably took longer to clear than the original incident.
Ah, that explains it - I was on post2 (pit exit) covering the flagging for anything going off on the oval, saw the safety car going out got the board & the yellow out for the pack then turned round again to see two in the wall. I thought that was why the safety car was out and I'd missed it. That's cleared my mind, thanks!

Otherwise, a very good weekends racing given the conditions. Nice to see the trucks on the oval again, and to get back out to turn two to call them (it's been a while!). Severely soggy after Saturday though, three pairs of gloves ruined leaving me with just my gauntlets for Sunday (not ideal for a flaggie), and my boots soaked through. Waterproofs didn't do much either as I had soaked through (smart move keeping my probans available for Sunday), and really glad I Travelodged it rather than use this weekend to try out my new tent!

Month off now thanks to work & Glastonbury in June, so next stop is the GP
Old 27 May 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2213247)   #9
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Green
Ah, that explains it - I was on post2 (pit exit) covering the flagging for anything going off on the oval, saw the safety car going out got the board & the yellow out for the pack then turned round again to see two in the wall. I thought that was why the safety car was out and I'd missed it. That's cleared my mind, thanks!

Otherwise, a very good weekends racing given the conditions. Nice to see the trucks on the oval again, and to get back out to turn two to call them (it's been a while!). Severely soggy after Saturday though, three pairs of gloves ruined leaving me with just my gauntlets for Sunday (not ideal for a flaggie), and my boots soaked through. Waterproofs didn't do much either as I had soaked through (smart move keeping my probans available for Sunday), and really glad I Travelodged it rather than use this weekend to try out my new tent!

Month off now thanks to work & Glastonbury in June, so next stop is the GP
Don't know where you were on Saturday Alan, but the weather was fine in Northamptonshire. Well it was along weekend.
Old 27 May 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2213428)   #10
Jordygirl
Racer

England
Rutland
Jordygirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think I've got Trench Foot, webbed toes and just stopped myself from turning into a duck !!!!!!! Don't think I've ever got so wet on the bank, however it was still a good weekend, out on Post 13 with Julian. Plenty of cars diving into the gravel on Sunday, and it was great to see the Pick Ups out on the Oval on Monday. The weather can only get better for the rest of the season, bring on the sun
Old 28 May 2008, 00:02 (Ref:2213562)   #11
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA

Don't know where you were on Saturday Alan, but the weather was fine in Northamptonshire. Well it was along weekend.
You know, some hours after I posted that I thought 'I put Saturday there and meant Sunday, oh well no-one will spot it...' (I think I've done it in another forum on another subject as well). Nevermind
Old 28 May 2008, 21:42 (Ref:2214223)   #12
Sticker Rub
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Sticker Rub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzers1986
Had a great couple of days. Feel I have learned a lot with the FF and the F3 in the arnco. The hut on Post 12 was very welcoming as we were facing the rain and the wind, so had a very sand blasted face!
Good to meet you on Monday Adam. We had enough to keep us busy but I managed to arrange the flagging rota so you did most of the running about

The F3 in the barrier woke me up, especially as I was looking the other way at the time.

I felt sorry for the #12 FF driver: punted into the gravel in the first race with broken front suspension (hence the safety car Al) & he didn't even reach us on the first lap of the 2nd race. When I went down to help out post 11, guess what I found? Yup, #12 with broken front suspension.
Old 28 May 2008, 21:48 (Ref:2214229)   #13
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
[quote=Sticker Rub]

The F3 in the barrier woke me up, especially as I was looking the other way at the time.
Woke me up too. It was a loud bang. And being on 17 I never saw it, but heard it.
Old 28 May 2008, 22:30 (Ref:2214257)   #14
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bah, you're all a load of woosies with your wind and water proof huts and not facing into the wind or getting stand downs

I wasn't even allowed a comfort break in peace.
Old 29 May 2008, 15:39 (Ref:2214737)   #15
JovialJooles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridge
JovialJooles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley
Bah, you're all a load of woosies with your wind and water proof huts and not facing into the wind or getting stand downs

Crickey, I knew you had a new knee; I didn't realise you got a hollow leg at the same time!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 22:21 (Ref:2219180)   #16
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley
Yeh I saw you - already loads of water on the track, so your little bit from the gantry made no differance

But don't care.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2219883)   #17
AndyT
Racer

England
Peterborough
AndyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wondered why you didn't do the front of the grid. Or was it because the rear of the grid was nearer the pit office.