Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 31 Jul 2001, 03:24 (Ref:124130)   #1
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
750cc WSB problem's

Do you reckon that Suzuki and Kawasaki will be around next season.

The Suzuki is a good bike, as is shown by Chili's performances at Monza, Donnington and Brands, but Kawasaki has been awful, although Lavilla has done ok sometimes.

I think the problem is the teams. In America, Mat Mladin riding a Suzuki is winning the championship, while Eric Bostrom on a Kawasaki is coming second, and Gobert on a Yamaha has won a race, they are flogging the twins.

As for Suzuki having lost interest, what the hell is going on with the 500cc bike, its going even worse than the Superbike, at least Chili won a race.
Old 31 Jul 2001, 11:24 (Ref:124269)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
suzuki in both 500gp and wsbk need some decent riders

kenny roberts - championship hangover
sete gibernau - should ride a 3rd rgv 500 behind another team-mate

frankie chili - getting on a bit
stefan chambon - waste of time

cant understand the people who run suzuki
Old 31 Jul 2001, 12:46 (Ref:124308)   #3
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Eric Bostrom's performance on the Kawasaki has been sheer rider talent and determination. He is still riding an inferior bike.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 03:55 (Ref:124577)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
an inferior bike to what , the suzuki/yamaha 750's or the honda/ducati twin 1000's.....
Old 1 Aug 2001, 07:38 (Ref:124626)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Suzuki have lost complete interest in WSB as they are more concerned about developing next years Motogp motorcycle. Only the magnificent Chili (legend!!!) has brought the bike up to places where it shouldn't be. As for the 500cc, I think it proves Kenny Jr. isn't so great after all while it is what Suzuki usually does anyway - after winning the title, away they fall.

As for the Kwaka, they haven't been super competitive the last few seasons. Yanagawa and Lavilla are both triers but perhaps the bike is at the end of it's development.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 09:22 (Ref:124646)   #6
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to admitt to being a Yanagawa and Lavilla fan!
Yes I know they don't get on the podium (and if they do they do get disqualifed) but for my money they are good riders on uncompetive machines.
The reason I say this is that they consistently finish 6th and 7th or 7th and 8th (or they fall off). To me that means that the bike is being riden to its limit! And thou shalt go no faster then the limit.

Last motogp (germany), Roberts and Givenup scored a 9th and a 10th.
It sounds like that same thing to me!?
But what is it with Suzuki?? Why are they waiting to 2003 for a 4 stroke??? They aren't spenting money on superbike or motogp. DO they have any money?? I sounds like they want to wait and see what the package is and copy it, that way they can 'just' keep a hand in the game, without setting it on fire.

Anyway let's see if Sete can past off the suzuki, as a bad package, like he did with Honda last year.
It seems that Kenny is just going to pass altogether, and change teams! Possibly Garry McCoy's team mate next year?
Old 1 Aug 2001, 11:41 (Ref:124694)   #7
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Kawasaki isn't really that far off the pace. It lacks consistency more than anything really. Whereas the Ducatis, Hondas and Aprilias can run at the front at pretty much every location.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 19:09 (Ref:124864)   #8
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A "good" rider can only go so long on a bike that is not at the edge. Some riders are very adept at riding past the bikes inadequacies, but not all season. Some of that inconsistency could be due to rider's lack of confidence. When was the last time Kawi won a WSB Championship? Was it way back with, Scott Russell?
Old 2 Aug 2001, 23:25 (Ref:125393)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
yes, and they havent won races consistently (or inconsistently) since anthony gobert left in 96 - they should pull eric bostrom from the states and race him in 2002.....that is kawasaki
Old 8 Aug 2001, 17:15 (Ref:127684)   #10
Santi
Rookie

Santi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the movement Eric Bostrom to WSB could be anything like other Izutsu's thing.
Anyway, I'd like to see what he and Mladin were able to do in Major League.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 20:10 (Ref:133247)   #11
Gerrit
Racer

Gerrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ever since Scott Russell won the WSB title, Kawasaki has been slipping back. My guess is that neither Suzuki nor Kawasaki can really afford WSB, let alone GP four-strokes. Perhaps the Olympic ideal of "competing being more important than winning" plays a major part, certainly for Kawasaki. They are possibly doing well in AMA SBK because Ducati and Honda are spending the money on WSB rather than in the USA. If the bikes are the same and the riders equally talented, then the results should mirror each other, not be a complete reverse.
As for possible future changes in engine sizes, Kawasaki and Suzuki should stop moaning and do some serious development work rather than moan about disadvantages.