8 29 32.58%
9 23 25.84%
10 6 6.74%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Apr 2010, 12:32 (Ref:2674872)   #1
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Rate the Race - GP of China

I thought it was riveting - 8.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 12:33 (Ref:2674873)   #2
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good solid 8 from me! Though the first 20 laps were so confusing, I don't think I've ever gotten so far into a race before not knowing who the top 5 runners are!
Old 18 Apr 2010, 12:42 (Ref:2674888)   #3
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Being so lazy, I only managed to see the last 25 laps, but thought it was very good. Don't know why the Red Bulls slipped down the field though, another prediction out the window.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 12:42 (Ref:2674889)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
A good one, mainly because it rained, but good nonetheless.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2674914)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6 for me. There still room to improve. Unfortunately we don't have at least 10 Hamiltons in the grid.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2674950)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Unfortunately we don't have at least 10 Hamiltons in the grid.
I'm not sure that would be such a good thing. But, at the very least, it would keep the stewards busy and also the guys that work in the composites departments.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2674955)   #7
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good drives, drama, a surprise winner, very different strategies, some good overtaking moves - what else do we want? Highly entertaining on many levels, 9 for me.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 14:24 (Ref:2674959)   #8
Bakersboy
Racer

England
Stoke on Trent
Bakersboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've given an 8. This is more like it - can we arrange unpredictable weather for the rest of the season?
Old 18 Apr 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2674969)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakersboy View Post
This is more like it - can we arrange unpredictable weather for the rest of the season?
Bernie has tried his best so far, but I think that the Volcano is maybe a little bit over the top. Speaking of which, the MotoGP race at Motegi (Japan) has been rescheduled because most of the teams are stranded in Europe.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 15:09 (Ref:2674982)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Very good, it got an 8 from me, best race so far this year...
Old 18 Apr 2010, 15:14 (Ref:2674988)   #11
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race sucked. It was boring, the commentary was hectic but poor, the communications was messed up with weird voice overs. The first restart was a shambles and it means you can now officially push another driver off the track and nothing happens - as demonstrated by Hamilton on Webber, Hamilton on Vettel, Schumacher on Massa, Vettel on someone else.

Lets be honest the driving was so bad it got in the way of the race.

Credit goes to the few clean passes that were made today, and some close safe racing in traffic, none of which involved Hamilton.

Highlight of the race, Russian Vitaly Petrov in a Renault overtaking 237 times World Drivers Champion Michael Schumacher in the Mercedes GP.

Priceless.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2675004)   #12
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 - The best race so far this season.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 16:20 (Ref:2675048)   #13
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 - good race, equal to if not better than Australia but still not worthy of the 10
Old 18 Apr 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2675053)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Good race, all the slow corners spoil it for me.. 7
Old 18 Apr 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2675058)   #15
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 for me. Getting frustrated by all these "wet" races. It's entertaining, but somehow feels contrived.
I admire the driving seen in Australia, Malaysia and China, but I can't wait till we get some European dry races, where we can see where the teams actually stand.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 16:38 (Ref:2675063)   #16
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
9 from me - very entertaining, lots of overtaking and the variable weather made it unpredictable. I can't quite give it a 10 because of the unnecessary second safety car and the fact that everyone's tyres going off at the end robbed us of what could have been a really exciting finish, but it was enjoyable enough that I thought it was worth watching the re-run this afternoon.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 18 Apr 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2675078)   #17
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10 for me, one of the best races I have ever seen.
I cant understand how some people still complains about this and that, sorry but it was great, real overtaking -raining or not- and "at limit" moves from the biggining to the end.

Waking up at 3am payed off.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2675097)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A seven. Button proved again to be the tactition. However, without the rain intervening it would obviously been a lot different.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2675150)   #19
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some nice duels on the track, in the pitlane, in the pit-entry,...

Apart from the race itself : too much complaining by journalists, drivers,... about when they could fly home to mummie.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2675155)   #20
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Speed-freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A solid 9 from me, lot's of action to enjoy, not a clear winner till the last few laps and even then one slip.......
Old 18 Apr 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2675239)   #21
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatz the Cow View Post
The race sucked. It was boring, the commentary was hectic but poor, the communications was messed up with weird voice overs. The first restart was a shambles and it means you can now officially push another driver off the track and nothing happens - as demonstrated by Hamilton on Webber, Hamilton on Vettel, Schumacher on Massa, Vettel on someone else.

Lets be honest the driving was so bad it got in the way of the race.

Credit goes to the few clean passes that were made today, and some close safe racing in traffic, none of which involved Hamilton.

Highlight of the race, Russian Vitaly Petrov in a Renault overtaking 237 times World Drivers Champion Michael Schumacher in the Mercedes GP.

Priceless.
So Hamilton made no clean passes today? I think you must have been asleep for most of the race........ I get it that you don't like him, and that you're upset Webber didn't do well again today
Old 18 Apr 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2675336)   #22
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Loads of overtaking and on-track battles, incidents, some controversy, various leaders,a close finish. There was never a dull moment. What more could we want from a GP? It gets a 10 from me.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2675353)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
9 from me. I enjoyed the non-stop action but it wasn't a classic race for the reasons mentioned by others.

The thing is, I'm beginning to wonder whether it's possible to have an exciting F1 race these days without intervention from the weather.

PS There was so much happening that it would have been difficult to follow without Live Timing
Old 18 Apr 2010, 22:41 (Ref:2675387)   #24
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 9 if it was only for the overtakes by Hammy ! Because of the conditions it wasn't really all "done n dusted" until the last corner, and I didn't go to sleep !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Apr 2010, 22:48 (Ref:2675398)   #25
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatz the Cow View Post
The first restart was a shambles and it means you can now officially push another driver off the track and nothing happens - as demonstrated by Hamilton on Webber, Hamilton on Vettel,

I didn't notice Hammy having to have a new nose cone ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !