Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Apr 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1285718)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jacques Scores

Some points!!!!

About time too. He drove pretty well today, made up five places on his own and inherited one from Kimi.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1285721)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An excellent drive today.

It seems the "real" Jacques Villeneuve turned up.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1285728)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
About time - where has he been for the past five or six years??
Old 24 Apr 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1285730)   #4
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see Jacques is back and he's finally found his feet with these cars.

Solid drive.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1285731)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We might have been looking at the driver of the race had someone called Shumacher not been out there today.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1285732)   #6
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he has been a bit overlooked with the battle for the lead, but i thought jv drove well, he showed some fighting spirit today that i haven't seen in him for a while. if he carries on like this he should keep hold of his seat for sure.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:01 (Ref:1285743)   #7
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice race from JV. According to Gerald Donaldson (Cdn. reporter) Sauber are starting to go along more with JV's ideas on setup.
Hope to see more of this.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1285749)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done to the Vill-man... ...lets hope it continues for him....
Massa was the edgey one today...running into DC twice...
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1285755)   #9
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YAY!

Stirling stuff from Jacques, grabbed a solid sixth while everyone 'in the know' has been busy writing him off. Let's hope this is the start of his upward turn at Sauber.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1285764)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Good to see him score some points. I said I would not write him off until after this race. He lives to race again
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1285767)   #11
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV was given an award by F1 Racing magazine a few seasons ago for his demon starts. Having climbed from 13th to 11th due to Massa's engine change and Schumi's mistake, he made up three spots at the start, including pulling off a great move on Rubens that was just captured by the helicopter camera. Kept the speed up all through the race, though he seemed to have problems with the last sector consistently, and took the positions when they were available.

Good race. I'm happy for him and will remain so for the next two weeks. Let's hope that he can keep the progress up at Spain.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:11 (Ref:1285771)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
10 / 10.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1285776)   #13
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very good weekend all round for Jacques. Sauber have clearly made progress with the car, and Villeneuve made sure that translated on the track. Could be the breakthrough he needed.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:17 (Ref:1285785)   #14
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He defenitely shut the mouth of many a critic there, myself included. Good job, now lets see him keep up the pace!
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1285807)   #15
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yep . congrats . i just hope he'll be there more often from now on .

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:31 (Ref:1285819)   #16
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
damn... I'll have to go back to making DC jokes.

Good race for JV and Sauber.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:42 (Ref:1285828)   #17
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i didn't think he'd score any yet he proved me wrong....well done jacques...now just keep up the good work and score some more....
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:44 (Ref:1285831)   #18
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8 12 Felipe Massa Sauber-Petronas 37 14:56:53 212.420 1:23.602
10 11 Jacques Villeneuve Sauber-Petronas 45 15:07:46 211.371 1:24.017

he was still faster ..

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:44 (Ref:1285832)   #19
curveball
Racer

United States
Michigan
curveball should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure sucks for those of us in the US.. cant see the race for another 2 hours and some minutes... ARGH!!!! Need to get my Canadian DBS system back operational, had no idea CBS was going to steal some of the races this year from Speed. All these comments about JV's performance sound great, cant wait to actually see it!
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:47 (Ref:1285834)   #20
curveball
Racer

United States
Michigan
curveball should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
8 12 Felipe Massa Sauber-Petronas 37 14:56:53 212.420 1:23.602
10 11 Jacques Villeneuve Sauber-Petronas 45 15:07:46 211.371 1:24.017

he was still faster ..
Thats almost the identical time difference in the first qualy between them, isnt it? about .400. I asked the question in the qualy thread but never saw an answer, could that difference at all be explained by a new engine vs. a race old engine? Honestly, I dont know if it can, or how much they would slow down, or even speed up, after a race. I assume it would slow down, but by how much?
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1285838)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jacques was aided a little by Massas grid penalty, but you have to hand it to him. he drove perfectly, a good riposte to his criticism. He now needs to keep it up!
Old 24 Apr 2005, 14:54 (Ref:1285841)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I think the answer was "negligible". But the FIA think there must be an advantage so I expect there is. It may be more psychological though.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1285876)   #23
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Jacques was aided a little by Massas grid penalty, but you have to hand it to him. he drove perfectly, a good riposte to his criticism. He now needs to keep it up!
exactly . agree . 100% . but i won't give it a 3-1 . but a 3-0.95

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Apr 2005, 15:42 (Ref:1285905)   #24
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hey Dani, newsflash for ya: one fast lap does not a race make!

I can't help but think that if fortune were reversed and JV had to change motors, then he would be pointless, and the vultures would be hovering yet again. A fickle lot!
Old 24 Apr 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1285907)   #25
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
We might have been looking at the driver of the race had someone called Shumacher not been out there today.
Of how many people has that been true over the last thirteen years?

Still, JV drove an impressive race and looked to be on the pace of Williams and BAR at times. I saw him interviewed by Louise Goodman yesterday and he looked chirpier than expected, so, who knows, maybe the rumours of his impending replacement have been exaggerated. Certainly, I think his Imola performance will have granted him a stay of execution. Clearly, though, he hasn't demolished Massa, which either proves that JV is underperforming, or else that Massa is a pretty handy driver. Or maybe a bit of both. Ho hum.