Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Oct 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1740676)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Niki Lauda...

Who does this guy think he is? I have never, I mean never heard anything positive come out of his mouth regarding a comment on something or someone. Now it's Ferrari will go downhill with KR. Whatever. Say something positive for once.

He didn't go far with Jag and was ousted from his own company. Wonder why?
Old 17 Oct 2006, 22:43 (Ref:1740681)   #2
outflat
Racer

outflat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's a three time world champion.

That's credential enough to say as he pleases.

And it's far more interesting than the bland offend no-one punditry we often get.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 22:52 (Ref:1740687)   #3
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete
Who does this guy think he is? I have never, I mean never heard anything positive come out of his mouth regarding a comment on something or someone. Now it's Ferrari will go downhill with KR. Whatever. Say something positive for once.

So you're a Kimi and Ferrari fan??
Old 17 Oct 2006, 23:49 (Ref:1740727)   #4
Davhut
Racer

Davhut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lauda has a "post race driver" reputation for coming through environments and causing chaos with words and deeds. I've known people who've worked as his subordinates, and even discounting that nature, he seems to relish in causing turmoil. Didn't he once say "...Nigel Mansell would never feature again..." after his Australian tire failure?
Its such a shame since he was a driver of the very first order.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 06:36 (Ref:1740821)   #5
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everyone has their own thoughts and opinions, and it might not be that Niki Laudi never says anything good, but it's only interesting for the press when he bags someone out. I have great respect for the guy, and you don't even have a link to a story to back your claim up.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 18 Oct 2006, 11:28 (Ref:1741079)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He can say what he likes, as much as anyone on here can. (More so probably).

It is nice to see that the spouting off complaint about someone spouting off gave due consideration to the reporting of the comments and whether he was asked the question or if he called his own press conference to annouce this.

He is only saying things that have been said around here. I disagree with him, but don't see why this makes him a bad person.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 11:40 (Ref:1741096)   #7
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I never said he was a bad person, I just said that the press aren't interested in people praising each other, and there is no link to a story proving he's flamed Ferrari .
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 18 Oct 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1741105)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I never said you did (you aren't complaining), I was refering to the original post in the thread. Sorry.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 11:52 (Ref:1741112)   #9
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Oh. My bad.

We're still buddies, right?
Old 18 Oct 2006, 14:08 (Ref:1741216)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i kinda like his "rants"

the old warrior who literally left body parts laying around the race track in pursuit of greatness...well he is entitled to his opinion.

but in response the comment in question, they are spot on. KR is not the team leader MS is nor does he have the ability to lead a team in the way MS does.
testing miles driven by MS this year: 6,140.50mi
testing miles driven by KR this year: 2,167.80mi
KR's younger and drives a car that need more work so why is he not as busy?
from this, its clear that either Mac aren't interested in improving or Kimi's not the guy leading the charge.
im a KR fan, but Lauda is right to question his commitment and speculate what this may mean for Ferrari next year.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 15:22 (Ref:1741271)   #11
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He could be a bit more positive yes, but he still is better that a certain Sir Scottish!

Last edited by Hein; 18 Oct 2006 at 15:25.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1741484)   #12
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He might be a self-opinionated old coot nowadays but I'll still give him the time of day.

Some of what he says is rather amusing.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 00:00 (Ref:1741711)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

He can say all he wants, I have seen other greats, specially in football, saying such things just to happen exactly the contrary.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 12:03 (Ref:1742036)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Niki Lauda is always wrong, but he has a right to an opinion. And it does create waves, as we see here!

I'm all for it.

Regarding this particular comment. Maybe he will be proved correct? Can Ferrari go uphill with Kimi as opposed to the Michael years? It's a tough ask to even match that era.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 12:32 (Ref:1742059)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
"Niki Lauda is always wrong"
You have a right to your opinion.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 16:54 (Ref:1742268)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
It's a tough ask to even match that era.
Err ..... how about 'impossible'?
Old 19 Oct 2006, 17:48 (Ref:1742314)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If we have to be blunt about it....
Old 19 Oct 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1742509)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nah, it's being nice to say it's impossible...
Old 21 Oct 2006, 16:42 (Ref:1744200)   #19
Formula1Fanatic
Rookie

England
Warrington
Formula1Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He does like to rant, but then again, after some of the things Niki has had to suffer from through his racing career, he could say whatever he wants.

And Raikonnen is the best racer after Schumacher, but Ferrari and Schumacher for the 1st time since 1995 is going to create a huge hole.

I think 2007 will make or break Raikonnen's career.
Old 21 Oct 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1744389)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Fanatic
I think 2007 will make or break Raikonnen's career.
Absolutely.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 01:26 (Ref:1744505)   #21
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
And let's hope it makes it!
Old 22 Oct 2006, 01:57 (Ref:1744514)   #22
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess Kimi couldn't care less about Niki's comments, though.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 13:17 (Ref:1744963)   #23
Formula1Fanatic
Rookie

England
Warrington
Formula1Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope so to Chatters

I've always thought he has been the best driver after Schumacher since 2002. He certainly has the speed, its just been a shame McLaren's reliablity and consisentcy has been up and down for so long. I certainly think he would beat Alonso if everything came together.

I just hope Kimi keeps at a good level, if the season starts slowly, then it could be a disaster.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 00:21 (Ref:1745601)   #24
Big-O
Racer

Iceland
Iceland
Big-O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I fear it will break it ..

I have the feeling Kimi isn't as good technically as MS and that that will be a handycap for him and the team...
And that coming from a Kimi-fan

And Niki beeing negative, hey come on, give the guy a break... he's Austrian, it runs in the blood.

Last edited by Big-O; 23 Oct 2006 at 00:23.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1746396)   #25
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Well a 3 time world champion. Perhaps the bravest man ever in sport (returns to race after two races with open wounds and finished 4th). Reasonable credentials i think.