Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 18 Jul 2004, 14:30 (Ref:1039611)   #1
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sachsenring *spoilers*

Wow! What a pack of races... unfortunately I woke up too late to see the 125cc race as I saw the highlights and it looked mighty good.

I'd be putting Pedrosa down as: a) 2004 250cc World Champion and b) contract with any Honda MotoGP team for 2005. The guy is dynamite, a pure freak. He's flogging all his Honda team-mates and leaving most of the Aprilia guys for dead. He's a tactician but he allies that with unbelievable speed. Not even Porto, now regarded as the quickest guy in 250cc, could live with him.

As for MotoGP, another stunning race and Honda are back! Biaggi was class all the way and deserved the win. Barros is back to the front and Hayden also rode extremely well to lock out the podium. For a while it looked like Rossi could really take hold, but the Yamaha just got away, and to show how badly Yamaha did, he was the only one to see the flag!

Sete needs to get his head right after two consecutive crashes. He's lucky in that Rossi didn't score well.

Kudo's to Kenny Jr. He's copped a lot of criticism of late (particularly from myself) but he's done very well in the past two races.
Old 18 Jul 2004, 17:09 (Ref:1039683)   #2
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw only full coverage of 125, that was great race. At some parts it looked like that up to 12 riders can ride for a win.

After Ui's fall and Rauch Bravo penalties it went only to 4 (Loca-Dovi-Barbera-Nieto), but other 4 (led by Kallio) were also very competitive. In fact, Kallio was nearer the wictory than ever if looked on time. Last year at Malaysia he has 2nd few seconds after Pedrosa.

250, Pedrosa dominant but it was nice to see de Angelis on the podium first time in this class, as well Aoyama equalling his best non-Japanese result. Poggiali crashed again, leaving him 92 points from Pedrosa, that's way too much.

MotoGP, shame that Sete crashed second time in succession, before that he had gone over a year without. The Hondas were surprisingly ahead, as beforehand I thought this would be one of Yamaha's best tracks.

Also big crash of Melandri and Abe, luckily not bad injuries.
Old 18 Jul 2004, 17:34 (Ref:1039701)   #3
Winther
Racer

Winther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah great racing today, if you look at the point collected for the champship leaders, Dov 138 and Dani 155, Rossi 139, 125 and Gp are extremely close this year!
Awesome!
For a moment I thought Rossi lost it too!
This is a wideopen champship this year, sad to see the red monsters doing so bad, I hope Ducati will do something soon.
And Nakano gotta crashgate that Yamaha Honda party soon!

Last edited by Winther; 18 Jul 2004 at 17:35.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 04:15 (Ref:1040035)   #4
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah what a great race, I didn't bother with the 125s because of Stoner's accident, and the recording stopped on the last lap but I assumed that Pedrosa finished it off.

I reckon that Honda might shuffle Barros out next year and put in a great developement rider in the factory team like Edwards () and put Pedrosa alongside Gibber.

As for Edwards annother "typical" run from 12th to 5th - best of the rest - top job son!

And bad luck to the dukes, we were all excited about Troy's chances but, no show I guess
Old 19 Jul 2004, 07:29 (Ref:1040074)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
good racing all round , really enjoyed this event , cant wait for Donington next weekend

a shame for Casey stoner falling off in practice , would have been good to see where he would have ended up.

interesting comments on Pedrosa on the telecast I saw and Im going to post another thread about it , but what a rider he is , simply superb and has a big future ahead of him.

and Westy , does it again

can he please have Fonsi's bike next year Mr Aprillia ?

Moto GP , good ride by Biaggi , and Barros showed that even after 200 Gp's he still has it
more consolidation for both hayden and Colin Edwards and sete , well what can you say , DOH !!!!!!!!!

Have the wheels fallen of his championship or will he bounce back ?

125's , good race was cheering Ui on while he was at the front but then sadly he fell , Hector barbera is a fantastic rider and also has a big future ahead of him.

I dunno but all 3 classes this year are brilliant and I really cant wait till the next one.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 08:17 (Ref:1040098)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ant west beats fonsi nieto again

will troy bayliss race in the world superbike championship next year
Old 20 Jul 2004, 03:18 (Ref:1040918)   #7
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dunno you have to remember that Troy beat Xaus fairly strongly, so he should hold it out over him... but the problem is he isn't that consistant! (Read: 2002)
Old 20 Jul 2004, 07:26 (Ref:1040966)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and he is pushing 35 years of age
Old 20 Jul 2004, 15:46 (Ref:1041380)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think it's all Troy's fault. You can tell that:

a) the 2004 Ducati isn't that good. Even Loris is struggling on it

b) Troy doesn't suit, or like, the bike

c) Troy has always been a trier, and being stuck in 10th place is not what Troy has signed up for. He's always going to give it a go, but the bike just won't let him half the time
Old 23 Jul 2004, 05:56 (Ref:1044149)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
his confidence would be at all time low too - i predict a podium finish for troy at donington and a 1st gp win at the island